OSU Men's Basketball banned from postseason for 2020-21

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Oh. He was only doing Emojis to posts? Since I'm on tapatalk, I don't see those things.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I started to respond to this post with an agree emoji as to say yes, but then I thought about what you just said.

Dec 20, 2015
SW OKLA
Why can't they punish the guy who did the stuff. Like, tell him he can't coach in the NCAA for 5-10 years, or ever again. Why can't the punish the coach who allowed the stuff. Like, suspend him for 1-3 years. Why punish players, coaches, fans who had nothing to do with it.

And what do you want to be that Kansas skates.

craig.haney87?

;)

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Oh. He was only doing Emojis to posts? Since I'm on tapatalk, I don't see those things.

I started to respond to this post with an agree emoji as to say yes, but then I thought about what you just said.
I get on to orange power on the web once in awhile, but most of the time it's Tapatalk and I can only see likes and do likes when it's on Tapatalk.

Aug 8, 2008
OKC
The appeals committee is a different, albeit smaller, committee. I didn't see any OU Alumni listed on it so maybe we have a chance...seriously, bias of the infractions committee members should be looked into. I damn sure couldn't make an objective ruling concerning OU sports. I would never expect a former ou wrestler and their current director of compliance to be able to do so with OSU sports. Of course he was only one of 22 committee members...but it should be determined just how much involvement he had, if any, in the process.
I bleed orange to the fiber of my core, but I honestly don’t think anyone from OU would stoop so low as to screw us over again.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Apples to oranges.

Yet again, the coach is gone, the player is gone, so no penalty at all? It's a simple question.
I haven't read the entire thread, but I'll weigh in on this now: they could punish the school/program without punishing the current players using stiff financial penalties and limiting schollys. I understand this would still affect players, but not like postseason bans do.

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
You know. I'm not going to read a full 12 pages to see if someone has answered this. I keep reading stories on the punishment we are receiving, but I'm not seeing any of the guys getting paid to inform us, giving us any context to what the numbers mean. We get a number of the days or weeks they have to give up in recruiting. But I, regular OSU fan, don't have a clue how many days/weeks that we're allowed normally, so I don't know if this is devastating our a pimple. @cody Nagel. Do some freaking work and give us the answers we need to have some context on this whole situation. Quit assuming we have a clue and get us some solid answers.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
What is this all about? I haven't heard this before.

3) Evans also involved a grad assistant and player in his schemes. Both said they were troubled by what Evans was doing. Neither disclosed it until after Evans was arrested by the feds.
4) Sworn testimony that Evans/OK State offered $150k, a car and a home to Brian Bowen Sr.

SKC

Deputy
Apr 1, 2007
Prosper, TX
You know. I'm not going to read a full 12 pages to see if someone has answered this. I keep reading stories on the punishment we are receiving, but I'm not seeing any of the guys getting paid to inform us, giving us any context to what the numbers mean. We get a number of the days or weeks they have to give up in recruiting. But I, regular OSU fan, don't have a clue how many days/weeks that we're allowed normally, so I don't know if this is devastating our a pimple. @cody Nagel. Do some freaking work and give us the answers we need to have some context on this whole situation. Quit assuming we have a clue and get us some solid answers.
From the report linked on page 1:

5. Recruiting restrictions:

a. Oklahoma State reduced the number of official visits in men's basketball to 25 during the 2018-19/2019-20 rolling two-year period (a reduction of three off the permissible number) and to 18 during the 2019-20/2020-21 rolling two-year period (a reduction of 10 off the permissible number). (Self-imposed.)

b. Oklahoma State shall prohibit unofficial visits in men's basketball for two weeks during the fall of 2020 and two weeks during the fall of 2021. (Self-imposed.) Because the Figure 19-1 penalty guidelines require a seven- to thirteen-week ban on official visits for Level IStandard violations, the institution shall prohibit unofficial visits in men's basketball for a total of three additional weeks during the fall of 2020, 2021 and/or 2022.

c. Oklahoma State shall prohibit telephonic recruiting communication in men's basketball for a one-week period during the 2020-21 academic year. (Self-imposed.) Because the Figure 19-1 penalty guidelines require a seven- to thirteen-week ban on recruiting communications for Level I-Standard violations, the institution shall prohibit telephonic recruiting communication in men's basketball for a total of six additional weeks during the term of probation.

d. Oklahoma State reduced the number of recruiting person days in men's basketball by 12 during the 2019-20 academic year. (Self-imposed.) Because the Figure 19-1 penalty guidelines require a 17- to 33-day reduction in recruiting-person days for Level I-Standard violations, the institution shall reduce the number of recruiting-person days in men's basketball by five during the 2020-21 academic year.

Nov 14, 2010
This judgement makes me think that the people making the decision still believe that Boynton was either involved, or, at the very least, knew what was going on, but that he's gotten away with it.

And....
By OSU hiring him they did not make a clean break from the situation because of that

That's the only thing I can think of that would bring such a harsh judgement.