OSU Regional Moved to Oklahoma City

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
I managed to drive 2 hours to and from Tishomingo to see the game today, have to work until 5-5:30 tomorrow so I can't make it... but for those anywhere close... $15-20 a ticket, there is ZERO excuse to miss the game.

I spent $20/ticket and sat front row just past 3rd on the home side. OKC Pokes need to be there.
I must have been 2 rows behind you. Did you have the obnoxious drunk up and to your left?

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
I must have been 2 rows behind you. Did you have the obnoxious drunk up and to your left?
No, took my Dad and one of my nieces. I was in section 103, row A (6-7-8). Thankfully no drunks around us. There were to cute-as-hell 7-8 year old boys who came down to sit while their parents were a few rows behind us. I helped them with their rally caps at the end. They were having a blast.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Most of the people around me travelled and stayed in Hotels and have to work on Monday so they weren’t able to stay for tomorrow’s game. Many of the vacant seats today were where NB fans were sitting Saturday and it seems they did not attend the Sunday game.

I will be back for tomorrow’s game, but had to check out of Hotel as it is full Monday night from some type of concert/Band competition. If we win, I am thinking about going to Lubbock next week end, but may have to watch on TV.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Not 4,000.

Tomorrow’s game is on ESPNU
View attachment 70723
I never said there were 4,000 Texas fans and you knew my point. Texas baseball traveling fans > UCONN when Texas has a shot at something. If you want the place packed tonight it's going to take 99% of the seats to be OSU fans because there were just a handful of UCONN fans yesterday and will be even fewer tonight. I was there yesterday but can't be there tonight. I would like to see the NCAA shuffle the schedule around and get all games in (including IF games) on Sunday.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Bill Haisten...

OKLAHOMA CITY – As the Cowboy baseball team encountered turbulence on Sunday, Oklahoma State’s magic carpet ride of a spring-sports campaign is perilously close to ending.

With a victory over UConn, OSU would have advanced to the super regional level of the 2019 NCAA Baseball Championship.

There was the presumption that the Cowboys would be energized by what happened late Saturday night, when former Memorial Charger Trevor Boone rocked a two-out, ninth-inning homer to lift the Cowboys past Nebraska.

Wrong.

OSU was an offensive no-show in a 5-2 loss to UConn. The Sunday night Bricktown Ballpark crowd of 4,296 saw Cowboy batters strike out 17 times.

In a do-or-die rematch in this double-elimination regional, Oklahoma State and the Huskies clash again at 6 p.m. Monday.

Now, if anything is to be presumed, it’s that Cowboy coach Josh Holliday would preside over an extended batting-practice session on Monday morning.

“I don’t think our backs are against the wall,” Holliday said. “I think this is an opportunity to play in a championship baseball game.”

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I never said there were 4,000 Texas fans and you knew my point. Texas baseball traveling fans > UCONN when Texas has a shot at something. If you want the place packed tonight it's going to take 99% of the seats to be OSU fans because there were just a handful of UCONN fans yesterday and will be even fewer tonight. I was there yesterday but can't be there tonight. I would like to see the NCAA shuffle the schedule around and get all games in (including IF games) on Sunday.
Sure, I'm just saying AT LEAST 2,000 and probably 3,000 less OSU fans came yesterday than came to a very similar event two years before. Same venue, same day of the week, same weather, game of greater importance, and way less fans. It was surprising.

Last edited:

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Sure, I'm just saying AT LEAST 2,000 and probably 3,000 less OSU fans came yesterday than came to a very similar event two years before. Same venue, same day of the week, same weather, actually somewhat lesser importance, and way less fans. It was surprising.
It's really not. We can't get OSU fans to fill up our own stadiums for pretty much any sport... a one off in wrestling this season was the only sellout.

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
It's really not. We can't get OSU fans to fill up our own stadiums for pretty much any sport... a one off in wrestling this season was the only sellout.
I agree with all of that. I don't expect much more from the crowd on a Monday...as I said there was almost the exact same situation two years ago and a much bigger crowd (including more OSU fans) showed up and really made the difference that day. Thought it would happen yesterday, guess not.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I agree with all of that. I don't expect much more from the crowd on a Monday...as I said there was almost the exact same situation two years ago and a much bigger crowd (including more OSU fans) showed up and really made the difference that day. Thought it would happen yesterday, guess not.
Again... I think that our fanbase is so beaten down by "nobody cares about any sport but football and gymnastics" by the sooner fan that they've just stopped caring about anything because we aren't going to pass them in football, and since nobody cares about anything but that, why invest in it and show up?

It's time to take this mindset by the balls and squeeze it out of our fan.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Again... I think that our fanbase is so beaten down by "nobody cares about any sport but football and gymnastics" by the sooner fan that they've just stopped caring about anything because we aren't going to pass them in football, and since nobody cares about anything but that, why invest in it and show up?

It's time to take this mindset by the balls and squeeze it out of our fan.

I’ll add onto that. I think the way that mindset manifests itself is this:

Wrestling - if we don’t win the NC, we suck, can’t be proud of the team.

Baseball - if we don’t get to Omaha, we suck, can’t be proud of the team.

Golf - if we don’t win the NC, we suck, can’t be proud of the team.

I love my university, but I’m getting to the point where I despise our fan base, as a whole.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I’ll add onto that. I think the way that mindset manifests itself is this:

Wrestling - if we don’t win the NC, we suck, can’t be proud of the team.

Baseball - if we don’t get to Omaha, we suck, can’t be proud of the team.

Golf - if we don’t win the NC, we suck, can’t be proud of the team.

I love my university, but I’m getting to the point where I despise our fan base, as a whole.
I've been there for years, man. It's why so many people on here can't stand me... I don't hide it that I think unreasonable expectations are hurting our programs significantly.

Feb 25, 2008
Are there "walk up" tickets available for tonight's game? It'll be a game time decision before I'll be able to pull the trigger on being able to make it or not.
The blue are the seats currently available. I can't imagine that they would all sell out before tonight so rest assured that walk up tickets will be available.

1559576982564.png

Nov 6, 2010
Could our softball team playing at roughly the same time have had something to do with that?