OSU Regional Moved to Oklahoma City

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
Josh has to coach now to make that a non issue, otherwise the momentum combine with the k of Simpson could be bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ATXCowboy

Like a Boss
A/V Subscriber
Sep 2, 2009
Austin
I don’t understand how they invoke the transfer rule there when his throwing hand knocked the ball out of his glove. That isn’t a full catch.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
If the fielder drops the ball on the transfer, it’s by definition a catch since you can’t attempt a transfer on a ball you don’t catch. It was the right call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The question I have is what did the umpire signal and when. The base runner is hung out in no mans land until a clear signal is given. I couldn’t tell from the replays

Dec 21, 2008
Outfielders have 13” gloves. A ball drifting away and handcuffing a big OF makes it tough to tell. The ball can bounce around inside the palm for a full second and that is not a catch. The way he was laughing after the call shows he knows he didn’t catch it.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
If the fielder drops the ball on the transfer, it’s by definition a catch since you can’t attempt a transfer on a ball you don’t catch. It was the right call.

The question I have is what did the umpire signal and when. The base runner is hung out in no mans land until a clear signal is given. I couldn’t tell from the replays

The first base ump signaled out.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Guy is struggling to find the zone and looks to be throwing bp. But we can’t hit him.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Not what happened tho. He knocked it out of his mitt
Clearly you don’t get it. If he knocked it out with his transfer hand, he had to first catch the ball. That’s why the transfer rule, if that’s what you want to call it, exists.