OSU reviews Hubbard pic

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Why would my post about the hypocritical way the OKC media handled Mixon's domestic violence be deleted by a mod...here on an OSU message board? Especially on a thread about the OKC medias publishing of an OSU running back's photo next to a car...

Are we not allowed to talk about how our state's "journalists" didn't investigate the domestic abuse coverup at OU?

I'd love to know why this is a taboo subject, so I don't waste more time creating content for this board.
Uh oh... "they" have paid off our mods too.

Nov 18, 2010
He may not win them over, but just to do an interview would be a start. Being denied even a phone interview would not make most of us want to speak more highly of the person snubbing. Also just holding our own in the series a little better might command a little more respect.

I don't think OU is cutting the Sports Animal checks, but they are aware what most of their listeners want to hear.
Edward Gaylord (original owner of the Daily Oklahoman) has his name on OU's football stadium. I don't know how you could get a more direct connection lol.
It might as well say "The Daily Oklahoman football stadium".
Are you guys not aware of this?

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Edward Gaylord (original owner of the Daily Oklahoman) has his name on OU's football stadium. I don't know how you could get a more direct connection lol.
It might as well say "The Daily Oklahoman football stadium".
Are you guys not aware of this?
I think there is plenty of insider influence, but mostly they are catering to the market. I don't think they write checks to buy influence because they don't have to.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
OU had no problems stopping Chuba last time they met on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure, over 100 yrds rushing and 4.6 yd/carry is "no problem" . . . keep dreaming.
And that's just "last time". I supposed 2018 was even less of a problem . . .
I don’t remember Chuba taking over the game at all. Nobody did.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I don’t remember Chuba taking over the game at all. Nobody did.

I never said 0U was going to have trouble with Chuba taking over the game again.
I said 0U can't stop him.
And you think 100 yrd and 4.6/carry was stopping him. Guess we have a difference of opinion.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Why would my post about the hypocritical way the OKC media handled Mixon's domestic violence be deleted by a mod...here on an OSU message board? Especially on a thread about the OKC medias publishing of an OSU running back's photo next to a car...

Are we not allowed to talk about how our state's "journalists" didn't investigate the domestic abuse coverup at OU?

I'd love to know why this is a taboo subject, so I don't waste more time creating content for this board.
Because the post you quoted was deleted for cussing, it deletes both.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I never said 0U was going to have trouble with Chuba taking over the game again.
And you think 100 yrd and 4.6/carry was stopping him. Guess we have a difference of opinion.
By the time we played OU we were so 1 dimensional it was impossible for him to do much.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
By the time we played OU we were so 1 dimensional it was impossible for him to do much.
Truth be told, so was OU’s offense.

Only one defense showed up that day though.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I agree with this...except these guys are quite literally paid to promote OU and tearing down OSU is part of that. So I'm not sure its possible to 'win them over' with charm. Unless we pay them more than OU pays.
He may not win them over, but just to do an interview would be a start. Being denied even a phone interview would not make most of us want to speak more highly of the person snubbing. Also just holding our own in the series a little better might command a little more respect.

I don't think OU is cutting the Sports Animal checks, but they are aware what most of their listeners want to hear.
What makes you think that Gundy won't do interviews? I might be mistaken, but I don't remember him denying interviews, phone or otherwise.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
What makes you think that Gundy won't do interviews? I might be mistaken, but I don't remember him denying interviews, phone or otherwise.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I haven't heard him on the SA in years, or the Franchise for that matter, and I've heard Traber whining about him not doing them. Has anyone heard him on local radio?

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
I haven't heard him on the SA in years, or the Franchise for that matter, and I've heard Traber whining about him not doing them. Has anyone heard him on local radio?
I heard an interview with a dude, in the last year, believe well known sports person (older), I recalled knowing his name for sports stuff. Moved to Tulsa and said in the radio interview he wanted to get Gundy on his ? podcast? - think it was SA host that told him good luck, Gundy did not do local interviews. That is all I recalll

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
I heard an interview with a dude, in the last year, believe well known sports person (older), I recalled knowing his name for sports stuff. Moved to Tulsa and said in the radio interview he wanted to get Gundy on his ? podcast? - think it was SA host that told him good luck, Gundy did not do local interviews. That is all I recalll
Think it is/was Chris Lincoln

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Many on here applaud Gundy's position on this, but it is the OSU fans who want to hear from him most affected. All it does is contribute to the all OU all the time attitude of local sports radio.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Local press can come to weekly news conferences and the conference teleconferences. He also does informal group conferences after practice and a weekly show. What he may not do a lot is local press exclusive interviews and I get that.

Last edited: