1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSU v. WVU Post-game thoughts

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by Chris H., Sep 28, 2013.

1. CowboyCookie

CowboyCookie Wrangler

We are always going to be limited at QB with Walsh. It isn't necessarily a knock on Walsh. His skillset is just pretty narrow. He isn't going to beat anyone with his arm. His running is good to great and his arm is serviceable at best. Walsh at his best is better than Chelf at his best but both of them can really suck at times. Walsh is going to be the QB going forward. We are just going to have to accept that offensively we are going to struggle at times.
  2. Exit 174

A/V Subscriber Exit 174 Bird is the word.

But you CAN blame the OC when you shred WVU's defense out of the half with seam-routes and the Diamond Formation, and then completely abandon those plays. Or calling a fade on 2nd and 1. Or continuing to hand the ball to Smith when Roland has been the productive option all day. You can definitely blame the OC for those things.
  3. greekbull

greekbull Wrangler

The ISU loss hurt us more but that team would beat this WVU team by 28. This WVU team is one of the worst in the country I stand by my statement.
    cowboyethics344 likes this.
  4. RedRoss

A/V Subscriber RedRoss The most handsome man on the internet. For Realz.

5. colin1497

A/V Subscriber colin1497 Never throw the Venus in the Spider 3 Y Banana!

lol, we can suck with Chelf or Walsh, pick your poison.
    kaboy42 and davidt like this.
  6. bleedinorange

bleedinorange Wrangler

Zac Robinson syndrome by Gundy. Stay with your qb choice whether he's performing or not just to show every one he's right. (imho)
  7. cowboyethics344

cowboyethics344 Cowboy

Gundy will lead us to a 6-6 season.
    bleedinorange likes this.
  8. naranjaynegro

naranjaynegro Deputy

blame across the board.....including defense. no pass rush to speak of and broken coverage on some long passes....wv offense converted several 3rd and longs.....no, blame across the board and you can throw in the water boys/girls and the pilot on the team plane.
  9. evoamac

evoamac Wrangler

Hahahahahahaha, I'm so mad i started to laugh.
    Can't run, can't pass, can't catch, can't kick, can't block. Btw, whos our OC again? How come i dont remeber his name

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  10. Functianalyst

Functianalyst Wrangler

I agree, this is not about Gundy. The whole league is down this year. OSU was picked to win the Big XII as the lesser of evils. Anyone not thinking that OU and Baylor were not going to win this conference after last week was simply wishfully thinking. BUT.... the season is young. Either way, the conference champ(s) could have 1-2 losses.
  11. The Poke

The Poke Cowboy

Horseshit. We never established an offensive position. When you play back on your heels the things you listed are going to happen. I can handle an off day. I can't handle coaches that refuse to adjust plays or lineups.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
    ostater2319 likes this.
  12. OKState Dallas

OKState Dallas Deputy

Awful offensive play selection. OC hire always seemed strange to me and I'm very disappointed in him, so far. Why can't we hire an OC with experience and success in a major program?

OL adjustments aren't working as well as hoped. Kicking was inexcusably bad. JW had a bad day. Stupid penalties and undisciplined play. Take away one or two of these factors and we would have won. But, the sum of all the the problems resulted in a meltdown. Unless we correct these problems very quickly, the Baylor and OU games are going to be very tough to win.
  13. RedRoss

A/V Subscriber RedRoss The most handsome man on the internet. For Realz.

Still, in both games we were heavily favored and we blew it. The ISU lost ultimately cost us a NC appearance. That is a bigger loss.
    OSUjr likes this.
  14. lagershead

lagershead Cowboy

You can also blame the HC for those very same things.
    bgfresh likes this.
  15. LegooPokes

LegooPokes Wrangler

So Irish or sooners..?
  16. colin1497

A/V Subscriber colin1497 Never throw the Venus in the Spider 3 Y Banana!

Yep. The same game plan beats Chelf, too.
  17. Jimmy McCown

Jimmy McCown Wrangler

and now add QB and offensive coordinator
  18. HDedmond

HDedmond Wrangler

Not the end of the world, but we have to redefine our expectations: 10 wins seems like a ceiling, but if our road woes continue, 7-8 wins seems more realistic.

We are still in the Big 12 title hunt, but we have lost our margin for error. We need to pound KSU next week, beat TCU, and see how things stand.
  19. Okcpokefan

Okcpokefan Wrangler

Not to mention its a loss early in the year...Its better than being unbeaten and getting your heart ripped out. Still have 8 games.
  20. Exit 174

A/V Subscriber Exit 174 Bird is the word.

Yeah that's what I said. Gundy = OC. Remember the awful stubborn play calling in 2008? Looks familiar.