OSU vs Missouri St baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Fantastic job rob has done with the pitching staff. One of the worst teams in baseball and we can beat them when we score 10 runs. We don’t have one new guy or really anyone who can come in and get outs. We don’t throw strikes and we we do we give up hits 1-2 and 0-2. Going to be a long season with a staff full of guys who can’t get anyone out. But let’s continue to throw the same guys out there who can’t get it done, which I guess is really everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 1, 2008
These are the losses that hurt you later on when you get compared to other teams who might host.

Every pitcher that took the mound was bad. All of them.
I don't want to hear the excuse, well it's still early in the season. Pitchers need to be better. Catcher needs to be better. And, you don't swing at the first pitch in on the hands, with two outs and two men on base bottom of the ninth. Come on Pokes get better.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
These are the losses that hurt you later on when you get compared to other teams who might host.

Every pitcher that took the mound was bad. All of them.
I don't want to hear the excuse, well it's still early in the season. Pitchers need to be better. Catcher needs to be better. And, you don't swing at the first pitch in on the hands, with two outs and two men on base bottom of the ninth. Come on Pokes get better.
There’s really no excuse for the pitching to suck every game. Other than they just aren’t that good on the mound.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
I’d like to know why standlee doesn’t start. He wasn’t good tonight. But he needs to start wether it’s the weekend or mid week. Osmond Campbell and Davis aren’t going to get it done.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Still can't believe Cable spiked 3 fastballs in front of the plate, and that's how we lose the game.
Can’t believe we didn’t go to leeper. I know he threw Sunday but it was 2 easy innings and he’s had like 3 appearances on the year

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
I’d like to know why standlee doesn’t start. He wasn’t good tonight. But he needs to start wether it’s the weekend or mid week. Osmond Campbell and Davis aren’t going to get it done.

Didn't get to listen to most of the game. I was in a meeting trying to earn enough to contribute to pay for Leeper's entire family and friends to travel to all the games. Sounds like the pitching was woeful and timely hits didn't come for 14 to be left on. But come on dude, slow the tantrum. Osmonds pitched good on Sunday and will continue to improve. The pitching will come around because Rob hasn't forgot how to coach. It's baseball, there will be days like this.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Can’t believe we didn’t go to leeper. I know he threw Sunday but it was 2 easy innings and he’s had like 3 appearances on the year

It’s the early season “experimenting” we have to do
Apparently. I don’t know I might have pulled the guy after he hit a guy walked a guy had a passed ball and 2 wild pitches. Nope need to see a third one. Need to see guys consistently give up runs. Like you said that game is a killer to the resume especially when we’ve lost 2 to gcu and 1 to illinois. And cable is the guy we go to in a tie game in the ninth.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Fantastic job rob has done with the pitching staff. One of the worst teams in baseball and we can beat them when we score 10 runs. We don’t have one new guy or really anyone who can come in and get outs. We don’t throw strikes and we we do we give up hits 1-2 and 0-2. Going to be a long season with a staff full of guys who can’t get anyone out. But let’s continue to throw the same guys out there who can’t get it done, which I guess is really everyone.

Good lord!

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008

Apparently. I don’t know I might have pulled the guy after he hit a guy walked a guy had a passed ball and 2 wild pitches. Nope need to see a third one. Need to see guys consistently give up runs, have the offense get us back in it then send them back out there to give it right back. Like you said that game is a killer to the resume especially when we’ve lost 2 to gcu and 1 to illinois. And cable is the guy we go to in a tie game in the ninth. Then we hit for mccusker. I never heard if he was hurt.

There was a decent amount of excitement to start the season and to be 8-5 is pretty disappointing. And out side of Parker Scott your starts have been pretty much bullpen but committee, with the exception of standlees and Cj’s lone starts. At some point someone is going to have to step up. I’d like to see Scott standlee cj as the weekend rotation. Scott snd standlee should be able to give you some length.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2004
Stillwater
Wow.talk about consistently underachieving.they need coach G to talk to them.they place up to and usually above their competition....with less than stellar facilities.i never thought I would say it but I enjoy watching a sb game more than bb these days.much quicker game.

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa

Apparently. I don’t know I might have pulled the guy after he hit a guy walked a guy had a passed ball and 2 wild pitches. Nope need to see a third one. Need to see guys consistently give up runs, have the offense get us back in it then send them back out there to give it right back. Like you said that game is a killer to the resume especially when we’ve lost 2 to gcu and 1 to illinois. And cable is the guy we go to in a tie game in the ninth. Then we hit for mccusker. I never heard if he was hurt.

There was a decent amount of excitement to start the season and to be 8-5 is pretty disappointing. And out side of Parker Scott your starts have been pretty much bullpen but committee, with the exception of standlees and Cj’s lone starts. At some point someone is going to have to step up. I’d like to see Scott standlee cj as the weekend rotation. Scott snd standlee should be able to give you some length.
I just feel like we take the experimenting to the extreme in non con and losses like this are why we struggle to get back into the National conversation every season. I get want to give some young’s guys game time, but don’t double down on a bad pitching performance by bringing in more new guys in late game pressure situations. Just win the dang game. The experience gained doesn’t count for anything when you lose to a team that bad. This one will likely be a drag on the RPI all season.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008

I just feel like we take the experimenting to the extreme in non con and losses like this are why we struggle to get back into the National conversation every season. I get want to give some young’s guys game time, but don’t double down on a bad pitching performance by bringing in more new guys in late game pressure situations. Just win the dang game. The experience gained doesn’t count for anything when you lose to a team that bad. This one will likely be a drag on the RPI all season.

This. Just win the game.

In the 7 combined osmond Campbell and Davis starts they are a 0-4 with an era over 6 and avg less than 4 innings pitched. We’re playing from behind in almost all of their starts. We get back it in offensively and here comes another new guy. I thought kelly was supposed to be pretty good and we’ve seen him twice. And is Mitchell stone even a factor on this team anymore? I like what I’ve seen out of the bowman kid and would like to see him more.

We’re now at the 4th weekend and it’s time to give standlee and Cj a shot.