1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSU vs. OU by Position Group

Discussion in 'Bedlam & Flame' started by rideemcowboys, Nov 16, 2011.

1. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

I tired pointign that out but maybe since yours looks neater than mine they will actually understand.
  2. Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker Wrangler

Oh they'll stop talking about receivers and move on to the run game
  3. osuwhit

A/V Subscriber osuwhit Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.

I'm still trying to figure out why it's even being debated. OU has their three they like to throw to and it's obvious by OSU's passing numbers that they spread the ball around a little more.

As for moving on to the running game.. Everyone knows OSU's is better, but as someone mentioned earlier, OU's running backs are not playing OSU's running backs. Both go up against the opposing team's defense. With that said, OU has a pretty solid run defense. It will be interesting to see how OSU can do against it. The Pokes have had a lot of success spreading out opposing team defenses with the passing game and then burning them with run.

The game might come down to how Randle and the rest of the OSU running backs do against OU. I am confident that OSU can pass the ball on OU, but when the offense is really clicking, it is when OSU is passing and running well. If OU does well against the run then OSU will not run away with the game and it will be a dog fight.

Turnovers will be a key too as the Pokes have made a living off of them all year.
  4. jobob85

A/V Subscriber jobob85 Cowboy

Could you do a pretty little report for that also? And point out how the OU RB's are better.
  5. jobob85

can you tell the difference between a 9 and a 6?:D
  6. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

Only if I stand on my head!
  7. jobob85

FIFY.
  8. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

Ya im a terrible typist. And dont really care.
  9. Cowboy2

A/V Subscriber Cowboy2 Up to no good.

And Blackmon has better numbers that uO's 2 and 3 put together... and they're the ones that will be able to play. Point being, the receiveing corp at OSU is better than the one at uO. The end. Good try. It's been fun.
  10. TypicalGooner

TypicalGooner Banned to Bedlam & Flame

11. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

You throw Broyles in there and they are not, hurt or not he is still apart of our receiving corp.. The OP stated way better even before injuries. You guys have 1 Amazing WR and 6-7 serviceable WR. Stills and Jaz would be #2-3 on OSU and its not even close the stats prove it.

Blackmon has huge numbers because he is far and away your best WR, not to mention one of if not the best in the nation, no one is going to deny that.

I know your biased and so are we but at least we have information to back up or WR corp outside of the go to guy. You don't. THE END!
  12. Cowboy2

Dude, one last time. Look at the numbers. More OSU receivers have produced numbers than uO receivers. That is the truth. Statistical evidence says so. That's the end of this discussion. I'm sorry, but you lose. Head on over to the ass chiefs or whatever that name is board and they can coddle your balls and tell you that the uO receiving corp is the best ever to step on a football field, but the numbers don't lie.
  13. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

As a Unit OSU average a TD evey 9.8 receptions 333/ 34
    As a Unit OU averages a TD every 9.4 Reception 264/28

As a Unit OSU averages 11.8 yards per catch
    As a Unit OU averages 13 yards per catch

OSU does have 9 people with 10+ catches OSU has 1 with 8.
    OU has 7 people with 10+ catches we also have 3 with 9.

I dont know how much more proof you need

I dont think they are the best to step on the field but this right here which includes Broyles and Blackmon tells the story!
  14. osuwhit

A/V Subscriber osuwhit Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.

I still don't understand why this is being argued. It went from who was better between OSU and OU's #2 and #3 WRs to which entire receiving corps is better.

I'm aware that OU had a bye week last week, but these numbers will be fairly even come Bedlam. As I mentioned earlier, OU has their three they like to throw to while OSU spreads the ball around a little more.

REC YDS AVG LONG TD YDS/G

Oklahoma State 333 3942 11.8 66 34 394.2

Oklahoma 264 3428 13.0 64 28 380.9
  15. Cowboy2

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/receiving/sort/totalTouchdowns
    Enough said.

I win. Again.
  16. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

17. Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker Wrangler

It was a stretch to hope that proving my point with statistics would get through, but alas, it did not. It's all good. None of it will change the result of the game come 12/3
  18. Cowboy2

LOL. I win because the numbers say I do. End of discussion. Move on with life.
  19. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

Ive showed multiple numbers that says you don't, all I got from you was a link that was set to order total passing tds.
  20. Cowboy2

Well, besides that being a decisive statistic since points win games and not YPC, TD/catch, or anything like that, I'd say that's a pretty good thing to look at. Nice try.