1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSU vs. OU by Position Group

Discussion in 'Bedlam & Flame' started by rideemcowboys, Nov 16, 2011.

1. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

Id hope yours is higher with one more game. And we are talking about units here not wins and losses.
  2. Cowboy2

A/V Subscriber Cowboy2 Up to no good.

The receiving corp helps you win games by catching touchdown passes. Stupid argument. We'll see after next week what the numbers look like, but right now, they say OSU is producing more. You're done.
  3. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

Lol you mad bro? And OUs do all that more proficient making them the better corp. Haha
  4. Cowboy2

No, just done with your ignorance. You love to look at the top three of your receiving corp to say "look how good they are", however overall OSU's receivers have put up better numbers. More than 3 receivers are on the field most of the time for both schools, so you have to look beyond the top three and when you do, OSU is better.
  5. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

But they don't is the thing and I've showed you they don't. And OU keeps 3 on the field and rarely uses 4. Now our tes have been more so for protection because we haven't needed them. Now we will so I expect that to go up.
  6. Cowboy2

Dude, go back and reread. Focus this time. Use all that marvelous education you received from somewhere (probably not uO though) and then come talk to me. Let me spoil the ending though. What you'll find is that plenty of stats have been shown that OSU's receiving corp has produced more than the uO receiving corp. All of them. Not one or two or three individuals. It's called a corp for a reason, all are included. That's the end. Don't get all hung up over it. It's done. That is all. Good day to you.
  7. osuwhit

A/V Subscriber osuwhit Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.

Below are that stats of where both OSU and OU were at in receiving stats after nine games, or in other words, before OSU's game against Tech and OU's bye week:

*I didn't update the LONG for OSU because that research would take time.

REC YDS AVG LONG TD YDS/G

Oklahoma State 300 3488 11.6 29 387.5

Oklahoma 264 3428 13.0 64 28 380.9

OU likes to pass to three guys most of the time. It's helped them win a lot of games this year. One of those three WRs can't play anymore. soonerchris thinks OU's WRs are better, so maybe someone steps up as the third option.

OSU likes to pass the ball around to a lot of different WRs. It hasn't stopped OSU from winning any games at all. One out of that group of WRs can't play anymore. He was doing well, but not as well as OU's best who also can't play anymore, but arguably better than Jazz and Ken. Another WR from that group has missed some games. Regardless of those two WRs I just mentioned, OSU has still managed to have a good year throwing the ball around just edging out OU by 60 whole yards and just one more TD through nine games.

*And for some damn reason I can't get the stats to lineup with the titles.. Sorry if that is confusing to anybody (I'm looking at you Sooners :oops:)
  8. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

I think you need to do the same I showed the entire teams stats guess what they production was better. OU as an entire unit averages more ypc and scores more often per reception. Got it now.
  9. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Cowboy

10. osuwhit

Did you not see this post:

11. thatsaplane08

A/V Subscriber thatsaplane08 Drop bass in your face

12. CowboyMRW

A/V Subscriber CowboyMRW I go "Raj Koothrappali" all the time

Believe me, STEP knows more about our guys shots at the NFL than most anyone on this board does.
  13. Cowboy2

If you had read this whole thing, you would see that I gave a quite a few numbers that showed OSU's receiving corp was more productive (which is code word for better) than uO's and then proceeded to give you the link to all the receiving stats where OSU led in the majority and was ahead in the most important stat in touchdowns. You brushed this off because it didn't support your case and continued to blabber on probably in confusion as to why you couldn't get everyone on an OSU message board to see why uO's receiving corp is the best to ever lay foot on a football field. I will repeat myself, head on over to the gooner boards and they'll coddle your balls and whisper sweet uO nothings in your ear. Nobody over here gives two shits.
  14. OUTitan

OUTitan Wrangler

Guess you didn't watch the game.

You might check the final stats.
  15. Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker Wrangler

Gee look at that ,36 more passes, 36 more receptions = more yards. give landry 36 more passes and his wr corps yardage jumps past osu because of the higher ypc. And they'd damn sure have at least 3-4 more td
  16. Cowboy2

Total speculation. IE: worthless. You are assuming that all 36 would go for at least the average, but you don't know.
  17. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Cowboy

Jones matched the school record with 468 yards passing and threw two long touchdown passes 29 seconds apart in the fourth quarter as the Sooners beat Oklahoma State (No. 9 BCS, No. 10 AP) 47-41 on Saturday night

This stat? Yeh, I see what you mean...there weren't 2 D break downs for OSU...exactly.
  18. osuwhit

Easy on the tone there, Toker. But first, go see what I was replying to and then take another gander at the rest of my comments in regards to this ridiculous argument. Then you'll get my intended point.
  19. Cimarron

Cimarron It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.

What's the odds the Sooners can beat Baylor this weekend? This is my upset alert for the week!

OU has had the most difficulty against the better passing teams losing to one of them. Baylor will be the best passing team they have faced through this weekends game.
  20. TypicalGooner

TypicalGooner Banned to Bedlam & Flame

RGIII has been imploding recently.

He got a little full of himself and it's showing. Our zone blitzing will eat him alive.