OSU vs Texas 3 PM kick-off...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Aug 7, 2006
Now I really don’t understand the priority order of the time slots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They make more sense when you look at all of the other games happening that day. Fox decided to take it's best Big 12 game and not try to compete with a potential top 5 matchup in Penn State and Ohio State on ABC at 6:30 and Alabama playing on ESPN at 6. Clemson plays at 11 and the Michigan State and Michigan also play at 11. Our competition is Notre Dame-Georgia Tech and two bad SEC teams LSU-Auburn.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

They make more sense when you look at all of the other games happening that day. Fox decided to take it's best Big 12 game and not try to compete with a potential top 5 matchup in Penn State and Ohio State on ABC at 6:30 and Alabama playing on ESPN at 6. Clemson plays at 11 and the Michigan State and Michigan also play at 11. Our competition is Notre Dame-Georgia Tech and two bad SEC teams LSU-Auburn.
The CBS SEC 3:30 is regularly the highest viewed game of the week. What we’ve been hearing for the past 2 years is the Big 12 wants to own 11am, a really damn good team vs the biggest brand in sport should be in your most prioritized time slot.

What it says to me is that winning 11am is based on a partnership with Fox, and Fox also has a deal with the Big 10 so they opted for Michigan-MSU in that slot, which I see as blow to the big 12, as we’re without a doubt the better game.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

The CBS SEC 3:30 is regularly the highest viewed game of the week. What we’ve been hearing for the past 2 years is the Big 12 wants to own 11am, a really damn good team vs the biggest brand in sport should be in your most prioritized time slot.

What it says to me is that winning 11am is based on a partnership with Fox, and Fox also has a deal with the Big 10 so they opted for Michigan-MSU in that slot, which I see as blow to the big 12, as we’re without a doubt the better game.

Plus, who the heck wants an 11 am home game

Mar 11, 2006
Why are we rooting for an 11am kickoff? No time to tailgate. I will take afternoon or evening kickoffs every time for home games over 11am starts.

Aug 7, 2006

The Big 12 doesn't want to own the 11am slot, FOX does... Big Noon Kickoff and all that. They've regularly been putting their biggest games there for the last couple of years because, like you said, CBS owns the 2:30 slot and ABC owns the prime time spot. I could see how they would pick a rivalry game featuring Michigan for that slot. I'd much rather have a 2:30 or 3 pm kick than 11 am any how.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

The Big 12 doesn't want to own the 11am slot, FOX does... Big Noon Kickoff and all that. They've regularly been putting their biggest games there for the last couple of years because, like you said, CBS owns the 2:30 slot and ABC owns the prime time spot. I could see how they would pick a rivalry game featuring Michigan for that slot. I'd much rather have a 2:30 or 3 pm kick than 11 am any how.
11:00 am is definitely the more inconvenient.

I just stress it cuz I want the most eyeballs on our game possible.