1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OU football: Trey Franks, Jaz Reynolds among 4 Sooners suspended

Discussion in 'Bedlam & Flame' started by JoshOSU420, May 9, 2012.

1. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Sheriff

I think you have your posters confused.
    You asked for a time frame that included the 90s. I posted all time record which last time i checked included the 90s. So im not trying to skew anything.

2. Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker Sheriff

80k was an arbitrary number I threw up. I said 58k+ or 60k- because osu's capacity is under 60 and over 58.

It would take a lot of research to find 17 or more school who field ~60k for a spring game. But off the top of my head ohio state is famous for having 80k + at spring games. They had over 95k a few years ago. But just a quick google search shows me Alabama at 78k, even arky at 45k. I may have exaggerated when I say many schools get that many at spring games. But there are a lot that get 40 45 46 38 etc. Which is even more than OU which had only 20k.

3. Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker Sheriff

Ive found ohio state and alabama which have 81k and 78k respectively this year. The rest were in the 40k range.

4. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Sheriff

5. Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker Sheriff

You are kind of half right there. A good home field advantage is a history of winning, or a tough environment. Some say the swamp or the Shoe are the toughest places to win, but they have more losses at home in the past decade than schools like OU or boise state, who have had great to decent teams, but still maintain the high level of play at home, even during off years.

Well, you only count it since it was redidicated because osu started winning games at that time. So , sure, if i wanted to, i could skew the numbers in OU's favor and nick out a couple losses to make it look better. No need to. we just separate it by stoops era, or gundy era. Seems more appropriate. A 10-15 year chunk of time seems like an appropriate measure. At least, OU has been back for about that long, and osu is only now just on the upward swing. Kind of where OU was back in the early 2000s.

6. orng2dabone

orng2dabone Deputy

Just call me Nostradamus.

7. TypicalGooner

TypicalGooner Banned to Bedlam & Flame

How is the house in disarray? Really?

8. orng2dabone

orng2dabone Deputy

Whistle past the graveyard if you like. You guys got beat by Baylor and Tech. Do I need to mention the Bedlam blow-out? Couple that with several transfers and suspensions. There is a problem in goonerville. Don't believe me. Watch the 2012 season.

cowboyethics344 likes this.
  9. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Sheriff

We will then enjoy laughing as you look stupid when OU wins their 8th big 12 title. Then your team wins 7-8 games and you are brought back to earth.

10. cowboyethics344

cowboyethics344 Federal Marshal

7-8 wins is right about where OU should be by season end. You have like a 1 deep o-line right now and one injury will cripple your entire season. Even if they stay healthy... you don't have depth there anymore. I see the sooners really struggle next year.

11. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Sheriff

Ha I cant wait to make you eat those words and you change that avatar to the one I have chosen for you.

12. cowboyethics344

cowboyethics344 Federal Marshal

You must be blind if you think the OSU cowboy defense is going to let OU score a bunch of TD with Landry at the helm. Even if Trey Metoyer is a stud....I have no doubt in my mind that Justin Gilbert will not let him do a damn thing. Our offense won't be as good but we will still score on your weak ass defense.

13. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Sheriff

You talk a lot of game. Its a good thing im already expecting you to back out like a little girl because thats going to be even more enjoyable than you actually using the avatar.

14. TypicalGooner

Holy cow... This is too much... One year of success has really corrupted your fragile little brain...

"YOU'RE VANQUISHED FOREVER GOONERS!!!!!"

15. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Sheriff

He will learn his lesson and be put back in his rightful place come November.

16. Noven

Noven Devil Incarnate A/V Subscriber

One year? That selective memory really doesn't look good on you.

17. TypicalGooner

Carry on, then....

Tell me all about the storied history of the Pokes winning football ways.

18. Noven

You get caught and then try to sidestep the issue. Classic.
    I can go on about the storied history of cheating in Norman.

19. TypicalGooner

Once again. Tell me all about the programs that didn't get their hands dirty to win back then.

Better yet, I can tell you stories about programs that got their hands dirty and STILL didn't win.

20. Noven

Your justification is sad.