1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OU football: Trey Franks, Jaz Reynolds among 4 Sooners suspended

Discussion in 'Bedlam & Flame' started by JoshOSU420, May 9, 2012.

1. CrazySooner

CrazySooner Cowboy

Good. I think Landry is a fine QB...but all one has to do is look at his past performance (2009-2011) and see that he does in fact get anxious in the pocket after he gets knocked around once or twice.
  2. Noven

A/V Subscriber Noven Devil Incarnate

Maybe he should go see his coaching guru. Ooh wait, should I apologize for that? No? It was fact? Ok, gotcha.
    I'll still wait for the Trammel piece on it.
  3. OSUCowboy787

OSUCowboy787 Cowboy

See I can do that same thing too!

Goon Losses : Vs KSU, Vs Tech (In Lubbock you guys always crap the bed), vs Texas (Defense stops belldozer), @WV (can't keep up with the O), vs OSU....due to your cupcake OOC schedule against overrated ND and the other 2 schools for the blind and deaf you should have around 7 wins with a bowl game being 8. Gonna be a rough year for the bandwaggon goon fans...
  4. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

It funny you are so sensitive about an actual breakdown of how I think you are going to do because my name has sooner in it. Had it had Cowboy you'd have no issue with what i said, outside that you may disagree. Most of your fans have stated they would be happy with 9 wins which is what I predicted for you.

If I wanted to do the idiot prediction like you Id do something like this.

Losses-
    Arizona- 1st game on the road for you freshman buckles under pressure Cowboys lose.
    Texas- With defense being Texas only strong suit the young Lnnt gets fluster has 3 TOs in the first half, gets pulled and a QB controversy is born.
    TCU- defense again is to much for the 2nd game starter Chelf.
    @KSU- couldnt stop Klien last year same story this year, except Chelf isnt Weeden and Offense and keep up.
    WVU- Holdgerson knows OSU O up and down, gets Defense ready, Cowboy fans start to realize maybe we aren't around the corner yet after losing 4 of 6.
    @ OU_ payback is a bee with and itch in this game, Stoops holds nothing back and stomps the Cowboys into the ground.

OSU beat Baylor to get to that bowl eligible mark, and the fans get ready for Shreveport.
    CrazySooner likes this.
  5. CrazySooner

CrazySooner Cowboy

:facepalm:
  6. TypicalGooner

TypicalGooner Banned to Bedlam & Flame

Pokes talking about a cupcake OOC schedule? Please... Pokes have no room to talk.

Oklahoma had TCU scheduled as an OOC game this year and had to scramble to find a replacement when they joined the Big 12. Notre Dame is worth a significant amount more of respect points than either Arizona or whatever scab Louisiana team you're playing.

Speaking of cupcake, the Pokes have Lamar and UTSA (will be in the second year of their football program) on the docket for 2013. Way to represent.
  7. OSUCowboy787

OSUCowboy787 Cowboy

Dang you're just full of excuses for everything! If you really wanted a challenge you could have taken Boise up on their we will play anyone, anywhere and anytime deal. Not that you guys have had too much success against them in the past. BAHAHA.
    Gotta go to future years to try to make fun of us with your Lousiana Monroe next year? WTF is that? and the same with your Florida A&M and UTEP this year. Only reason people schedule Florida A&M is because of their band and they aren't even coming! The band would probably put up a better fight then that cupcake of a football team.
  8. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

We supposedly offered Boise a 2-1 they denied our request. Obviously there isnt going to be to many reports but they wanted 1 for 1.

Flordia A&M was a late addition to make up for TCU moving to conference, that's not an excuse that's the truth, when you have a short amount of time you usually end up with a crappy deal.
  9. osuwhit

A/V Subscriber osuwhit Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.

Lots of trouble with scheduling as a result to realignment. I'm not sure which game this year or next replaced it, but the Pokes had Purdue on the schedule. The game had to be dropped once schools started leaving the Big 12.
  10. TypicalGooner

Really?

You're still talking lip about OOC games?

The Pokes don't have a leg to stand on in these discussions....
    Boomer..... likes this.
  11. Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker Wrangler

I wish they would take up boise st but they would only go for a 1x1 which for most big programs, isnt going to cut it. That's the reason theyve had so much trouble getting anyone to accept. ou offers a 2x1 and they accept, game on. bsu definitely wouldnt take a 1 game away game in norman.

OU is known as a team who goes out of their way not to schedule cupcakes. do you even know who they have scheduled already? not even including fsu and miami for the past couple years- notre dame, ohio state, Tennessee, and lsu are on the bill. when was the last time osu even scheduled an occ team that even sniffed a bcs bowl game?

This.
  12. Lafferty Daniel

A/V Subscriber Lafferty Daniel Cowboy

I have a question...........who cares?

Seriously, who cares about OOC games? The Big 12 is tough enough. Personally, I don't understand why teams schedule tough OOC games. Is anyone going to care about a team you beat in the beginning of September? Probably not. Unless you lose. You win, and it's no big deal. You lose, and it can wreck your season. I'm all for doing the Bill Snyder method and just schedule cupcakes and focus on the conference games.
  13. Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker Wrangler

It helps significantly with SOS. Imagine choosing between two 1 loss teams; one faced a tough ooc opponent, the other had sissy pancakes. Who would get the benefit of the doubt? Probably the team with the tougher schedule, with more wins vs ranked opponents. If you schedule a decent team ooc you increase your chances of having played a ranked opponent. voters look at that stuff, and from what I hear, the computers are weighting it too.
  14. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

I care its fun to watch your teams play in big games outside of the ones you see nearly every year.
    Also you wouldn't prefer like teams like Alabama, LSU, Florida State, Notre Dame, Miami, Oregon?
  15. TypicalGooner

Spineless.
  16. Lafferty Daniel

Well, OSU had a much better resume than Alabama last year, and it still didn't help. So maybe for a team like OU that has a ton of history, etc. then it would help because you can't just give the other team the nod because they have a better history. But for OSU, I don't think it would. We basically have to be undefeated so I'm fine with an easy OOC schedule.
  17. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Cowboy

The board annelid calls somebody else spineless...priceless. :facepalm:
  18. Lafferty Daniel

Pot, meet kettle.
  19. TypicalGooner

How am I spineless? I'm not the one cheering on a team for scheduling three sacrificial lambs a season because they're too worried about teams in their own conference.
  20. TypicalGooner

The SEC gets away with it because they play in the SEC. The Big 12 really doesn't have an excuse for playing patsies in their OOC matchups.