1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OU highest recruit decommits (Greg Bryant)

Discussion in 'Bedlam & Flame' started by The2DollarJoescup, Jul 30, 2012.

1. The2DollarJoescup

The2DollarJoescup Greenhorn

They are already playing it off as nothing
  2. More Cowbell

A/V Subscriber More Cowbell Cowpuncher

I don't put much stock into these things, but as far as Rivals recruiting rankings, this puts OSU and OU about even for 2013 according to one story.
  3. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

You do realize we already have another 4* rb right? Who is a top 50 guy and top 10 at his position.
  4. CPTNQUIRK

A/V Subscriber CPTNQUIRK A Legend in His Own Mind

In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
    If you have $1,000,000, you don't mind losing $250,000, then? This hurts OU's recruiting class.
  5. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

Rb is OUs deepest position outside of maybe qb. We have another 4* rb. We still have 6 months until signing day to get another one if we really need another one. We are in on a bunch of the top 2014 guys already. It sucks losing him because he is a talented kid, but I wouldn't say he was going to make or break our recruiting class.
  6. CrazySooner

CrazySooner Cowboy

Losing him does kind of sting but anyone that follows recruiting is not shocked.

Ever since his commitment to OU he has kept the door open.

He doesn't make or break this class and ou has plenty of options to refill bryant...that is if they wish to use another scholarship on a rb. They planned on taking just one this year anyway. So who knows for sure what will happen.
  7. osuwhit

A/V Subscriber osuwhit Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.

Neato. But we also realize you just lost Greg Bryant, the second best RB recruit in the class of 2013.
  8. osuwhit

This is a better response.
  9. TypicalGooner

TypicalGooner Banned to Bedlam & Flame

We got the second best RB in the nation not long ago in Brandon Williams and he's gone now. Life goes on. Athletes come and go. They're still building a stable. No need to get crazy about it.
  10. OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber OSUMIKE17 Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com

Well at least Courtney Gardner qualified, right?
  11. osuwhit

I think you have him confused with Will Latu..
    Anaranjado likes this.
  12. TouchdownCowboys

TouchdownCowboys Cowboy

I realize that OU signed several 4 star running backs since Peterson and are pinning this year's hopes on a walk-on from Langston. You need all the commits you can get because not many have panned out.
    Noven likes this.
  13. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

A walkon that im pretty sure was leading the league in rushing, and I believe tds as well, before he got hurt so it's not like he is a slouch. I mean you all time great qb started as a walk-on.
    OP150 likes this.
  14. OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber OSUMIKE17 Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com

So what you're saying is that your recruits were so good that they got beat out by a walk on?

You aren't exactly disproving his argument about your highly touted RB recruits...a couple of which aren't even on campus anymore.
  15. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

No the walk on played out of his mind and earned his spot. Would you say the same about your qbs that got beat out by a former walk on that only got a ship because of one half of football?

Also by a couple you mean one.
    CrazySooner likes this.
  16. CrazySooner

CrazySooner Cowboy

According to who?

We signed the #2 RB (Jermie Calhoun) in the nation a few years back and he rarely if ever saw the field. In fact he transferred at the beginning of last season because a Walk-on beat him out!

We signed another #2 running back just 2 years ago (Brandon Williams) and he rarely saw the field and also was beaten out by the same walk-on that beat out Calhoun.
  17. internationalaw

A/V Subscriber internationalaw Not 1, Not 2.....

sooner chris- this is on a serious note...How has finch been progressing thru Spring/Summer? I've never seen someone with such balance and fast-twitch ability yet I feel like he just doesn't GET IT...you know what I mean?
  18. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Wrangler

Ya he has been serviceable just not spectacular like many fans including myself have thought. Haven't heard a whole lot which i dunno if thats good or bad. Im thinking he probably won't get a whole lot of carries os Whaley is healthy. As the back up carries will get split between him and Clay.
  19. CrazySooner

CrazySooner Cowboy

The same stuff doesn't apply at OSU. Besides, OSU didnt have enough scholarships for Weeden to begin his career at OSU so he decided to walk on...especially since everyone wants to play there.
  20. internationalaw

A/V Subscriber internationalaw Not 1, Not 2.....

I just see him and see him display spectacular athleticism and skill on plays and it just seems like he should be so much better...But I guess that is why recruiting is so inconsistent and tough, because you can't measure what's in the brain.