OU is not a blue blood

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
It does not pleasure me to say it but UO is a blue blood by all measurements.Money, recruiting clout, Tradition , fan support, consistency, willingness and culture to do whatever it takes to be a blue Blood.

Feb 8, 2014
Weatherford, OK
It does not pleasure me to say it but UO is a blue blood by all measurements.Money, recruiting clout, Tradition , fan support, consistency, willingness and culture to do whatever it takes to be a blue Blood.
Agreed. I can’t stand the goons, but like it or not a couple of blowouts in the playoffs doesn’t erase 70 years worth of history, titles, or Heismans.

Sep 9, 2013
There's a concentration of next level talent in the deep south like never before. And most of those SEC teams can keep that talent at home. There's just not the same level of talent in Ann Arbor, Lincoln, and Norman like there was years ago.

Penn State and Pitt were forces in football in the 70's and 80's but that rust belt talent is gone, in large part. The good news is I expect OU's recruiting to decline, not overnight, but it will.

That will help level the field for other big 12 teams.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Lol! Sorry man but that’s us too. If Chuba comes back our fans will award him the Heisman on Labor Day, Gundy has already trottted out his our future is exciting speech, college football will roll along like it always does. We will expect to contend for the conference title and will demand Gundy’s mullet if we don’t get there. Some things just never change.
Well that's some people on here, but not me. I used to buy into that, but that dream has been gone for a couple of now. Zero chance Chuba would win the Heisman if he came back. It's a QB and top #5 ranked team in November award.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
There's a concentration of next level talent in the deep south like never before. And most of those SEC teams can keep that talent at home. There's just not the same level of talent in Ann Arbor, Lincoln, and Norman like there was years ago.

Penn State and Pitt were forces in football in the 70's and 80's but that rust belt talent is gone, in large part. The good news is I expect OU's recruiting to decline, not overnight, but it will.

The good news is that you have a hunch that OU's recruiting will decline? I'm sold! Hey good news fellas! Our ship is about to come in soon! Gonna get that bedlam record flipped in no time.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas

If ou’s recruiting falls because everyone staying at home in the “Deep South” what makes you think other big 12 schools will surpass ou? If anything they would make everyone else fall even lower and we have.

Also, Texas is a premier recruiting state with a plethora of talent that ou will always capitalize on. They will still land 5 stars from anywhere in the country, esp at QB. Don’t think they’re worried about losing out on “deep south” kids if that’s what you mean.

Jul 9, 2016
Stillwater, OK
I hate to say this, but OU is not soft. Yes, they are 0-4 in the playoffs however each team they lost to only lost in the national champion game by 1 score. Clemson lost to Bama by 4, Georgia lost to Alabama in OT, we’ll...actually Alabama got destroyed last year to Clemson but you get my point. The bowl game OU plays is big boy football, something we haven’t done since Ole Piss back in 2015/2016 season (and we know how all that went).

I hate UO with a passion, but don’t come out of the shadows and knock a team when they’re down especially when they kicked all our assess this decade (especially WVU, aren’t why winless against UO in the Big 12?). I believe we are better than that

Oct 7, 2012
I told a guy I work with who is hardcore OU fan that they would get embarrassed by LSU. He thought I was crazy. I gave him a list of 5 teams that were better than OU that should have the 4 spot and of course that was heresy to him. Looks like I was right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Utah, Oregon, Georgia. Who else?

Apr 13, 2007
Florida has the highest percentage of blue chips. No other state is even close.

Texas has the most high school players sign college scholarships.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I hate to say this, but OU is not soft. Yes, they are 0-4 in the playoffs however each team they lost to only lost in the national champion game by 1 score. Clemson lost to Bama by 4, Georgia lost to Alabama in OT, we’ll...actually Alabama got destroyed last year to Clemson but you get my point. The bowl game OU plays is big boy football, something we haven’t done since Ole Piss back in 2015/2016 season (and we know how all that went).

I hate UO with a passion, but don’t come out of the shadows and knock a team when they’re down especially when they kicked all our assess this decade (especially WVU, aren’t why winless against UO in the Big 12?). I believe we are better than that
Good point. I wonder what the score would have been had we played LSU?

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma

I will gladly knock OU when they are down and not feel bad about it. It's called having fun with a sports rivalry. We are not better than that. We have a forum on this board dedicated to talking crap about OU. Not sure why you think anyone should take the high road about their slaughter today.

Apr 7, 2006
Enjoy their demise and celebrate it. OU is our rival and when they lose its a good day. I don't give 2 sh**s about conference- I live and work around the most obnoxious fans in the country being in Oklahoma around OU fans. I will be happy when they are humiliated. I would be glad to see OSU surpass them but will celebrate their failures in anything. I also hope to see Baylor get humiliated. Both are programs and fanbases I have no respect for.