OU/OSU Prediction Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
My understanding is that we will have Springfield back on the OL, Jenkins then can move to his natural position. Hubbard and Brown both played banged up at KSU, but have had 2 weeks to heal and should be much more explosive.

We’ll be able to run the ball effectively and I HOPE we use Sanders in the QB run game more than we have been to get the extra number in the box that they’ll have to give up to shade over to Tylan Wallace.

For the first time since 2013, I like our DL against their OL. Humphrey at C is big time, but the rest are not quite (still really good) the caliber of line we’ve seen from OU. We can put pressure on Rattler like NOBODY has this year.

Also the word is that Peel will be back, so that makes the secondary big time again.

The D will give up some points and yards, but it will also be able to frustrate OU and force turnovers.

OU is rolling...but against who? Texas Tech, Kansas, and TCU aren’t much.

Pokes win 34-27

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
My understanding is that we will have Springfield back on the OL, Jenkins then can move to his natural position. Hubbard and Brown both played banged up at KSU, but have had 2 weeks to heal and should be much more explosive.

We’ll be able to run the ball effectively and I HOPE we use Sanders in the QB run game more than we have been to get the extra number in the box that they’ll have to give up to shade over to Tylan Wallace.

For the first time since 2013, I like our DL against their OL. Humphrey at C is big time, but the rest are not quite (still really good) the caliber of line we’ve seen from OU. We can put pressure on Rattler like NOBODY has this year.

Also the word is that Peel will be back, so that makes the secondary big time again.

The D will give up some points and yards, but it will also be able to frustrate OU and force turnovers.

OU is rolling...but against who? Texas Tech, Kansas, and TCU aren’t much.

Pokes win 34-27
Yeah, after just watching the show on ESPN it looks like Springfield might be ready, although they showed Preston Wilson at LG and Sills at LT in the practice shots from last week.

KHP is back and that is huge! Also great that Tre Sterling is 100%.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'm gonna pick ou for the first time in this game so I can be wrong....it is 2020 sure that outguns everything I do...I've been wrong so much this year it's not even funny...most wrong year of my life.

So
1,000,000 ou
0 us

Hope I'm as right as I have been all 2020.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I'm gonna pick ou for the first time in this game so I can be wrong....it is 2020 sure that outguns everything I do...I've been wrong so much this year it's not even funny...most wrong year of my life.

So
1,000,000 ou
0 us

Hope I'm as right as I have been all 2020.
Surely you haven't given up on the election yet, have you?

Just kidding, just kidding, just kidding, just kidding, just kidding, just kidding

PLEASE DON'T RESPOND AND GET ME BANNED!!!!!!

(hell, I was on your side!)

Sep 1, 2015
Tulsa
All about Tylan. He is the one guy we must have healthy and productive. They will not be able to contain him and we have no replacement for him. After he destroyed their defense two years ago in Norman in a highly competitive loss, but was absent last season in Stillwater in a totally overmatched loss, it shows that we have no shot in this series without him in the lineup.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Who can recommend a good online betting service?

If I bet on ou, we will win. I've got to put just enough down that I'm comfortable "sacrificing" for an OSU win and not too much where I'm actually pulling for ou to win me money. God, if that happened I'd just be selling my soul to the devil at that moment.

GO POKES!! It's all on Sanders today. Will he step up and be a hero like we want him to? Will Gundy channel Pat Jones or the old gunslinger Gundy?

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Things to consider:

When OU faces a good defense (KSU, ISU, TCU) they’re more average than good on offense scoring 35, 30 and 33 respectively. Our defense is better, especially against the pass. Not unreasonable to think we could hold them in the 21-28 range.

When OU faces a decent offense (KSU, ISU, UT and TT) they are average to below average giving up 38, 37, 45 and 28 respectively. Not unreasonable to think we could score in the 28-35 range.

Much of the current love for OU has been built on their last 3 opponents - TCU, TT and KU. This years league doormats.

Much of the current lack of love for OSU stems from its last 3 opponents - ISU, UT and KSU. League leaders.

As many have mentioned, turnovers are key.

I’m re-thinking my prediction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 14, 2010
So I had a look at the film scout on pfb for OU's favorite run scheme, counter trey. For you X and O guys, how do you defend that play?? Does it force the defense to play a 4 man front?
You play either a 3 tech or a 4i and a 9 tech away from the GT that is pulling.

Then... cut the pullers which wads the inside gaps making it a 1 way go for the back which is outside into the lap of a safety that is the alley force player.

Then....lb's chase the pullers and fit the counter flow from inside out.

Safety turns it in to the Lb's that have inside leverage.

3 tech is outside shade of the guard and 4i is an inside shade of the tackle.

If they get downblock, which they will on GT, they immediately squat and look for puller.

If they get puller they cut him

9 tech is outside of the TE

If they get downblock they squat inside gap as well and find the 2nd puller and cut him.

At that point, if both LB's chase the pull, like they should, they will be unblocked and will have an easy play as long as the safety fits correctly and turns it back inside.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Here's what I think happens...We play our typically good defense and they still score some on us...First half we play SS and IF he is ineffective or turns over the ball like the last two weeks (0 points last week in first half, turn over city vs Texas)...IF Gundy replaces him with SI at half we will come back for a huge win...IF SS is ineffective and we keep playing him anyway, it might be close...but we will still lose to a lessor team if he is that stubborn. Honestly I EXPECT our defense to t-off on them even though they are playing great on offense. Pokes will NEED to respond on offense and if we cannot or are too stubborn to change QB's we will lose.

I"m counting on a change in HCMG in terms of having a quicker hook knowing what we have on our sideline...he really should have a quikcer hook. This is our chance...this is our year...Go freaking take it...don't be a slug...PLAY and COACH to WIN! Get er damn done!!!!

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Here's what I think happens...We play our typically good defense and they still score some on us...First half we play SS and IF he is ineffective or turns over the ball like the last two weeks (0 points last week in first half, turn over city vs Texas)...IF Gundy replaces him with SI at half we will come back for a huge win...IF SS is ineffective and we keep playing him anyway, it might be close...but we will still lose to a lessor team if he is that stubborn. Honestly I EXPECT our defense to t-off on them even though they are playing great on offense. Pokes will NEED to respond on offense and if we cannot or are too stubborn to change QB's we will lose.

I"m counting on a change in HCMG in terms of having a quicker hook knowing what we have on our sideline...he really should have a quikcer hook. This is our chance...this is our year...Go freaking take it...don't be a slug...PLAY and COACH to WIN! Get er damn done!!!!
Better hope Gundy doesn’t pull the hook because the only way he does that is after several QB turnovers.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Better hope Gundy doesn’t pull the hook because the only way he does that is after several QB turnovers.

I hope he does it after ONE...We have seen two straight games with an ineffective offense or one that turns it over too much. That is on the QB...those SEVERAL have already occured...if it's me he get's one and then he's on the pine. Heck I'd play them both and put SS in the slot or set up special plays for them. That would be my offense going into this game...But I want to win it and know we need to bring some excitement to do that. SI's too good physically (in terms of a traditional QB) not to be our starting QB "sooner" or later...I'm just ready for that to happen...I do hope SS proves me wrong, but our future has been on the pine since winning vs KU.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Rumor is we have a few starters with Rona. I had anticipated a couple touchdown win, but think it’ll be closer to the initial spread.

OU - 34
OSU - 27

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

I hope he does it after ONE...We have seen two straight games with an ineffective offense or one that turns it over too much. That is on the QB...those SEVERAL have already occured...if it's me he get's one and then he's on the pine. Heck I'd play them both and put SS in the slot or set up special plays for them. That would be my offense going into this game...But I want to win it and know we need to bring some excitement to do that. SI's too good physically (in terms of a traditional QB) not to be our starting QB "sooner" or later...I'm just ready for that to happen...I do hope SS proves me wrong, but our future has been on the pine since winning vs KU.
Ignore injuries much?

Status
Not open for further replies.