Our Bowl Destination...?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Which Bowl for OSU?

• Liberty Bowl in Memphis Dec 31st vs SEC

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Texas Bowl in Houston Dec 27th vs SEC

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Cheez It Bowl in Phoenix Dec 26th vs Pac-12

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • No Bowl

Votes: 64 68.8%

• Total voters
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
So looks like this year we'll be going to a Bowl that we haven't been to in a while (if ever). Looks like three realistic possibilities to me.

Which do you believe we will be selected for?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Of those three, I'd prefer Liberty but I think the Texas would pick us first if they had the option. Got to get 6 wins first though which isn't a gimme at this point.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You still think we have a shot at 6 wins? Unless we win tomorrow which is no sure thing we are done as far as bowl games go this year.
Certainly we NEED to win tomorrow but even a loss doesn't put us out of contention. You NEVER KNOW what might happen later this season...see 2014 for a team that was dead in the water without bowl contention that won in Norman to get a bowl bid. In fact, that started our most recent run of success.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
You still think we have a shot at 6 wins? Unless we win tomorrow which is no sure thing we are done as far as bowl games go this year.
Certainly we NEED to win tomorrow but even a loss doesn't put us out of contention. You NEVER KNOW what might happen later this season...see 2014 for a team that was dead in the water without bowl contention that won in Norman to get a bowl bid. In fact, that started our most recent run of success.
No doubt and I’m certainly hoping for that type of turnaround. Coach Gundy’s unwillingness to think outside the box and manage his options has me pessimistic. Had Dax Garman not gotten injured and we were out of options, Rudolph would not have played and that positive end to 2014 would not have happened. I certainly don’t want Cornelius to have to be injured for Gundy to try something new. It’s very frustrating because Cornelius has in actuality played very well but he doesn’t seem to have that “it” factor that inspires confidence in the rest of the team. This offensive line should be a decent line but arguably are playing worse than the offensive line in 2014. The line in 2014 was atrocious yet somehow played inspired football when Mason Rudolph took the field. I think the same kind of thing could happen were Spencer Sanders to be put into the game. Chemistry and psychology are huge part of the game and for whatever reason our team is playing uninspired football.

osupsycho

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
No doubt and I’m certainly hoping for that type of turnaround. Coach Gundy’s unwillingness to think outside the box and manage his options has me pessimistic. Had Dax Garman not gotten injured and we were out of options, Rudolph would not have played and that positive end to 2014 would not have happened. I certainly don’t want Cornelius to have to be injured for Gundy to try something new. It’s very frustrating because Cornelius has in actuality played very well but he doesn’t seem to have that “it” factor that inspires confidence in the rest of the team. This offensive line should be a decent line but arguably are playing worse than the offensive line in 2014. The line in 2014 was atrocious yet somehow played inspired football when Mason Rudolph took the field. I think the same kind of thing could happen were Spencer Sanders to be put into the game. Chemistry and psychology are huge part of the game and for whatever reason our team is playing uninspired football.
A lot of people forget that there was one other change back in 2014 that happened at the same time. Lundblade took over at center. His first start was the same game as Rudolph and he was our center all the way up till this year. So some of that change might just not be a QB change.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
A lot of people forget that there was one other change back in 2014 that happened at the same time. Lundblade took over at center. His first start was the same game as Rudolph and he was our center all the way up till this year. So some of that change might just not be a QB change.
Thanks for that observation, Mrs. Lundblade.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Valid point but I think anyone would agree that Mason brought a spark and a confidence that made the entire offense and in fact the entire team play harder and with more hope and confidence. This team looks unmotivated, undisciplined and unfocused. There is plenty of talent on this team and a lot more of it than 2014 but it needs a spark and something or someone to cause some hope and excitement. With the names we have on that O-Line they should be decent at a minimum and really they should be capable of being a good O-Line and they just aren't getting it done.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
cptnquirk...I'm sure this has been pointed out to you before, but you have the USS enterprise firing at the Death Star. Also the enterprise shot neither its photon torpedoes or phasers from that particular part of the ship. You have clearly intertwined two sci fi franchises which is TABOO in the nerd world. You may as well wear an OU shirt to OSU homecoming.
A Pistol Pete Millennium Falcon would have been a better choice, or an OU Roman bird of prey

cptnquirk...I'm sure this has been pointed out to you before, but you have the USS enterprise firing at the Death Star. Also the enterprise shot neither its photon torpedoes or phasers from that particular part of the ship. You have clearly intertwined two sci fi franchises which is TABOO in the nerd world. You may as well wear an OU shirt to OSU homecoming.
A Pistol Pete Millennium Falcon would have been a better choice, or an OU Roman bird of prey
All of that may be true, but I always thought that thing looked like it ought to shoot a big ol' laser beam out of it. Also, who's to say that the Death Star isn't hanging out somewhere in a galaxy far, far away?

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
One time I went to see a star war.