1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pat Jones = Blow hard

Discussion in 'Bedlam & Flame' started by Rack, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Rack

Rack Cowboy

I was out at lunch and made the mistake of listening to the sports animal here in Tulsa and PJ has yet to understand that we aren't he's old Pokes and that we are loaded for bear on both sides of the ball. He thinks that we could not have won with the other two QB's and that's why we stooped (in his mind) to the level of starting a true freshman...He said I think OSU would trade all three of our QB’s for the 2nd string ou guy. I would trade any for Jones more less the others. He's truly still pissed at us and continues to have his blinders on...He will see during this season that we are indeed a contender for the Big 12 again and it's going to shock the socks off him. Must not have been at the spring game...I do here he attended a practice or two and was complementary but that's about as far as it extends with Jones...he seems to forget and go back to his default "traditional powers" mindset as soon as he leaves campus.
  2. rideemcowboys

rideemcowboys Cowboy

He is just trying to follow in Jim Traber's footsteps.
  3. pokes16

pokes16 Deputy

What can you do? It's Pat.

[​IMG]
  4. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Cowboy

That's nothing but the bitterness coming out of him.

If this were OU that decided to start a true freshman it would be because of their great recruiting and the player was just that good.
    OSUFan and Rack like this.
  5. 65POKE

65POKE Wrangler

I don't care if he is an impartial sportscaster now, he once was an OSU coach that is apparently in late stages of dementia now. What he said is completely disrespectful!
    Rack likes this.
  6. RutherfordFan

RutherfordFan Cowboy

I will say this is the first year I have listened to Pat where he was complimentary of us overall as talent level. Did not hear this but I wouldn't doubt some people on here exaggerate. That said, I couldn't stand the man until this year. This year he finally says positive things but he is a bandwagoner. He won't go out on a limb. He did say he thought this year's defense would be improved from last year.

I think he thinks Lunt has talent (not that I care what he thinks because Lunt does have good talent) I think Pat probably just thinks Lunt isn't ready but that is why is a losing coach. He thinks like a loser.
    rideemcowboys, Bigg T and Rack like this.
  7. Bigg T

Bigg T Wrangler

Why does anyone here care what PJ thinks? He is not even relevant. Seriously, the best the guy can do is talk radio on a goon station. Games are won on the field not in a radio studio...
    Statements like that will make it all that much more enjoyable when one of our three QB's leads the Pokes to victory over the goons.
  8. Poke Flyfisher

Poke Flyfisher Wrangler

He's obviously a bitter man. His mentality is that for every successful season we have it just makes him look that much worse as a HC. As if he could evaluate talent anyway. He had Barry sitting on the bench for two of his three years at OSU for crying out loud!!!! How smart can he be? It would be nice if could embrace us and our success much in the same way Switzer embraces uo, but that would take some class. Did I just say Switzer ourclassed Pat????????
  9. stated

stated Cowboy

:lol:
  10. NZ Poke

NZ Poke Cowboy

Uhh, how old are you? :facepalm:

Not defending Pat, but Barry was an All American kick returner and rushed for 622 yards his sophomore year while "sitting on the bench" - not to mention, he was only playing behind a NFL Hall of Famer / All American RB.

I remember seeing Barry live his sophomore year and knowing he would be a star.
    Old Poke, CPTNQUIRK and Cowgirl4ever like this.
  11. Rack

Rack Cowboy

We know it's just banter but many of us think what people say over the air does matter in terms of rankings, national media perceptions, and all sort of other things... so I think it's important that opposing points of view be heard. But I agree with you that he's not relevant.
  12. cmmashb1234

cmmashb1234 Wrangler

I never understood why people listen to the sports animal then come and complain about it on message boards..

If you listen to the sports animal,
    You're going to have a bad time.
  13. pokes16

pokes16 Deputy

Yes, and Switzer, watching Barry return kicks told his DC, "You better hope Thurman does not get hurt." Maybe Switzer would have sat Thurman for Barry???
  14. snuffy

Staff A/V Subscriber snuffy Deep Thoughts.

Feel free to use words and not smile faces to discuss .thanks

Sent from 40 miles past BFE.
    cowboys18TJ Poke and 65POKE like this.
  15. OrangeForever

A/V Subscriber OrangeForever I'm a GREAT guy, by the way.

It's unfortunate that voters from the eastern most portions of Maine to the farthest western reaches in Alaska will base all of their rankings on the opinions of a mid-western sportscaster when they compile their first polls toward the end of summer.
    cmmashb1234 likes this.
  16. Poke Flyfisher

Poke Flyfisher Wrangler

16 - my point was that it looks like Pat could have figured a way to get both those guys (Thurman and Barry) into the game at the same time. How many times have you heard coaches say you need to get the ball in the hands of the guys who can make plays. Barry was on the bench more than he was on the field during his first two years here. BTW, how old are you?
  17. jp20798

jp20798 Cowboy

Pat Jones gets paid to say what he does. For him to say that OSU would be happy to have OU's backup QB makes the animal's advertisers happy. Its just business.
    cowboys18TJ Poke and Oshoe like this.
  18. pokes16

pokes16 Deputy

That was my point too. It was just interesting that Switzer could figure out and evidently Patsy could not.
  19. CTeamPoke

A/V Subscriber CTeamPoke Wildcard

Did they not teach people how to spell at OSU before 2007?
  20. Rack

Rack Cowboy

I think the point is that PJ is a bitter bitter man regarding the end of his tenure at OSU and he's never going to forgive us so he makes moronic sooner biased comments like "I think OSU would trade all three QB's for the OU second teamer."