Paul George traded to Clippers?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Just heard that George is heading to Clippers alongside Leonard.

In return, they just said a record setting draft choices.
Thunder Twitter is on suicide watch.

Basically, this means they are likely about to trade Russ too. Shams reported both stars were unhappy, and Leonard recruited PG to Clippers with him. Thunder also got Gallinari and SG Alexander.

There is a total meltdown going on right now. It is unreal.

Honestly, I am not mad at all. I've said for a couple of years now that if they couldn't find a way to build a winner that they should rebuild and let the stars go chase titles elsewhere.

Ownership has been paying a ton into the tax the last few years for 3 straight 1st round exits. Don't think they wanted to continue that trend.

ThunderUp

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Thunder Twitter is on suicide watch.

Basically, this means they are likely about to trade Russ too. Shams reported both stars were unhappy, and Leonard recruited PG to Clippers with him. Thunder also got Gallinari and SG Alexander.

There is a total meltdown going on right now. It is unreal.

Honestly, I am not mad at all. I've said for a couple of years now that if they couldn't find a way to build a winner that they should rebuild and let the stars go chase titles elsewhere.

Ownership has been paying a ton into the tax the last few years for 3 straight 1st round exits. Don't think they wanted to continue that trend.

ThunderUp
We got a MASSIVE DEAL from this. Absolutely MASSIVE.
4 unprotected first rounder, 1 protected, and 2 pick swaps. That is more than the Nets fleecing by the celtics.
Trade Russ now to someone like the knicks for picks and young players.
Gallinari is an expiring contract so you can pick up something nice from him.
But the gem out of this trade is SGA. He is a future franchise player who we can build around.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Lol slipping further and further into irrelevance. The fickle Oklahoma sports fan will soon show that they are completely incapable of supporting a loser. Thunder will be back in Seattle by 2026.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
And this folks is why you go all in when the window is wide open. It's firmly shut now. Especially with Oklahoma City being a town that can't attract any top free agents. Hopefully OSU bball can benefit with the Thunder's fall into irrelevance.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I’m thinking Kansas City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah that's failed several times and Seattle is getting the new arena and the NHL team. There's a reason Seattle was picked over KC for the NHL team.

NBA also doesn't want to compete with Kansas.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
I don't believe the ownership in Oklahoma City believes the fans nor sponsors will pay a premium for championship caliber talent which will dictate their personnel decisions. The biggest name unrestricted free agent OKC has signed to date was Derek Fisher.

Stu Presti has done an amazing job of building a good roster through the draft, but that's only one aspect of roster building.

OKC never recovered from trading James Harden for basically just Steven Adams ( a serviceable post player, but has never made an all star team)

You can't have Harden, Westbrook and Durant - THREE ANNUAL MVP Candidates - on the roster and not win championships.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I’m thinking Kansas City.

Nah that's failed several times and Seattle is getting the new arena and the NHL team. There's a reason Seattle was picked over KC for the NHL team.

NBA also doesn't want to compete with Kansas.
I’m buying you a satire meter for Christmas

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Lol slipping further and further into irrelevance. The fickle Oklahoma sports fan will soon show that they are completely incapable of supporting a loser. Thunder will be back in Seattle by 2026.
We supported a loser for several years when they first came and will do so again. Especially considering this will likely be a quick rebuild. We already have at least 2 starters in a rebuilt lineup with grant and SGA (maybe ferg if he continues to develop). Hell we even have guys like Diallo who look really nice plus what will be a ton of new prospects. If we can get a couple top 5 picks over the next few years we will bee right back at it when most of the super teams today are either older or retiring.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
We supported a loser for several years when they first came and will do so again. Especially considering this will likely be a quick rebuild. We already have at least 2 starters in a rebuilt lineup with grant and SGA (maybe ferg if he continues to develop). Hell we even have guys like Diallo who look really nice plus what will be a ton of new prospects. If we can get a couple top 5 picks over the next few years we will bee right back at it when most of the super teams today are either older or retiring.
Several years? They were bad in year one, took the Lakers to the wire in the first round of the playoffs in year two, made the western conference finals in year three, the finals in year four, and haven't missed the playoffs since... Although having very lackluster performances in all of them since.

OKC is an armpit that nobody outside of Oklahoma cares about. Once Westbrook gets traded, the franchise is completely doomed. As evidenced with both major colleges in the state, people only show up if there's an opportunity for a championship... OSU is a perfect example. In football, we have put a consistently incredible product on the field that very few would not trade for... But our own fans claim our coach is a failure and have stopped showing up or staying past halftime. Our winningest senior class in program history, Mason Rudolph, James Washington, etc. played in front of a half empty stadium for their senior day as soon as we were out of title contention. Don't even get me started with our basketball program... Or the people that crawl out of the woodwork saying we need to move on from John Smith when we don't win a title in wrestling. And the support at OU isn't much better. They can't fill their basketball arena in spite of making a Final Four run pretty recently.

Oklahoma doesn't deserve a pro sports franchise. They barely deserve the colleges or their athletic success. In five years the NBA will announce that they're exploring adding a franchise to Seattle due to the NHL success in the new arena... Year six they'll announce that the Thunder are moving back. Year seven will kick off a new era of Seattle Supersonics basketball.

Last edited:

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Top 5 picks over the next few years? Were are we going to get those?