PFB - Daily Bullets (Mar. 28): Most Viewed of the Week, 3-2-1, I-Mac Update

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OP News

Greenhorn
Feb 17, 2018
Instead of watching the Elite Eight, enjoy your free time today.

Three Ideas

• Add a vet for Cade
• Two Blakes = some fun?
• A new Garth tee

Three Ideas

• Add one of these guys, preferably an upperclassman, and let’s get more veteran experience to Mike Boynton’s roster

• I don’t love the idea of watching Blake Bell playing football (ever) but it’s the cost of watching Blake Jarwin in Dallas now.

The two Blakes soon will share a field every work day. Jarwin has become a Dallas Cowboy mainstay; he signed a four-year contract with the Cowboys last week and has become their No. 1 tight end. And this week, Bell signed a contract with Dallas that in effect makes him Jarwin’s backup, after five NFL seasons as a tight end. [NewsOK $$$]

• This well-known CFB blogger has a Garth Brooks-inspired t-shirt and I’m not sure I get it.

We're selling a new t-shirt to honor the culinary achievement of Garth Brooks and all of the proceeds (both ours and @HomefieldApparl's) are going to help @FeedingAmerica! https://t.co/qb6zM7kmBt

— Ryan Nanni (@celebrityhottub) March 25, 2020

Two Quotes

Kirk Herbstreit weighed in with his best guess on the 2020 football season.

“I’ll be shocked if we have NFL football this fall, if we have college football. I’ll be so surprised if that happens,” Kirk said.

“Just because from what I understand, people that I listen to, you’re 12 to 18 months from a [coronavirus] vaccine. I don’t know how you let these guys go into locker rooms and let stadiums be filled up and how you can play ball. I just don’t know how you can do it with the optics of it.” [TMZ Sports]

• Ponca City basketball coach (and Cowboy Basketball alum) Ivan McFarlin worked multiple jobs while he was climbing to his current head coach spot. Here’s what motivated him:

It’s because McFarlin cares.

“I feel it in my heart that in high school, these kids,” McFarlin said. “They just need someone to relate to them.” [O’Colly]

One Question

• Would the college football season be played in front of empty stadiums if that were the only option?

Covid-19 Bullets

• Really good virus piece from MIT Tech Review – why life won’t go back to normal for a while

• Probably not a popular take but I’m on board with the idea that being pro-life is being pro-vulnerable during the virusRussell Moore (via NYT) and this tweet explain it well

• This post on life closing down in a college town was good – loved this quote

What’s happening now could transform areas of life most of us aren’t even paying attention to, because we’re focused on the immediate problem of how to keep people alive. [TheRinger]

The post Daily Bullets (Mar. 28): Most Viewed of the Week, 3-2-1, I-Mac Update appeared first on Pistols Firing.

Continue reading...