1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

poke fan living in Norman

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by Orange Superman, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Orange Superman

Orange Superman Cowboy

So I have been a resident of Norman for maybe 8 years. For the longest time I thought I was the only one living amongst the enemy. However, after the last few seasons I can't go to the 7-eleven two blocks away without seeing a car with an OSU sticker/tag, or someone with an OSU hoodie/t-shirt.

So I got to wondering, were all these OSU fans just laying low during the losing years or did a bunch of sooner bandwagon fans jump ship?
  2. HeartLike_JohnStarks

HeartLike_JohnStarks Cowboy

Or maybe a couple of lost bets ? ;)
    RoughRider and Orange Superman like this.
  3. Carneyman14

A/V Subscriber Carneyman14 Amazing golf ball whacker guy

One of my best friends. In Paddle People for the longest time. Got married and moved to Norman, worked in Norman etc. Better man than I
  4. RideWithPride

RideWithPride Cowboy

Unless you're the mayor of Norman, what is it that forces/compels you to live there? How can you stand it?
    okstate0303 likes this.
  5. PokealypseNow

PokealypseNow Cowboy

Bandwagon fans are a byproduct of success and are vital to the growth of a program on and off the field, like it or not.

Resenting and disparaging them will only send them them packing in lean years.

Welcome the bandwagoneers, bring 'em into the Orange fold, help them appreciate the allure Joe's cups, prairie sunsets & Pistol Pete, and - with luck - you'll have helped create a Poke for life.
    MDavid86 likes this.
  6. Orange Superman

Orange Superman Cowboy

proximity to the city, almost never hit by tornadoes, and pretty good schools. Plus my wife is from here(she is fully converted to the good guys).
  7. SGT Steck

A/V Subscriber SGT Steck Whitetail Slayer

I opened my business there because my two business partners live there. I really hate going into a restaraunt there with my Orange on cuz I know my food is probably getting spit in. But I had no choice the business needed to be started somewhere and we had the lowest start up costs by opening it there. I hope it does well enough to open another location in the Edmond area.
  8. El Gato Bandito

A/V Subscriber El Gato Bandito Ballin' on a Budget

I am from the SWOKC/Moore/Norman area, so if I ever move back to the OKC metro it would most likely be in that area. Norman honestly isn't too bad, you just have to keep your distance from the campus. This is not me just OU bashing either, things just get shittier and the people are bigger assholes the closer you are to the campus there.
  9. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Cowboy

10. HeartLike_JohnStarks

HeartLike_JohnStarks Cowboy

My cousin works and lives up in Moore . So whenever I go up there and wear my OSU gear I feel like I'm back in my old hood lol. Lotta uncomfortable stares lol
  11. osuwhit

A/V Subscriber osuwhit Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.

I have a buddy who designs fire suspression systems down there. He married a girl from Norman and they chose to live there.
  12. John Adkins

John Adkins Wrangler

I think that both Norman and Stillwater are two of the better places to live in Oklahoma. Norman's major drawback is the traffic. I haven't lived in Stillwater so I don't know the its downside.
  13. Boomer.....

Boomer..... Cowboy

Since this past football season, I've never seen so many OSU fans in and around Norman.
  14. Boomer.....

Boomer..... Cowboy

OSU doesn't like/want bandwagon fans, remember?
  15. Carneyman14

A/V Subscriber Carneyman14 Amazing golf ball whacker guy

Not close to a major city. Not a lot of choices when it comes to food and entertainment. No mall. thats about all I could think of. I don't mind those things at all and would love to live in stillwater.
  16. OSUBuschman

OSUBuschman Cowboy

I grew up in Norman, lived in Stillwater for 7 years(graduated and never left), and moved back to Norman last year. And my entire family went to OSU! We wear orange every chance we get!
    osuwhit likes this.
  17. osuwhit

A/V Subscriber osuwhit Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.

And Busch Beer boxes! ;)
    OSUBuschman likes this.
  18. OSUBuschman

OSUBuschman Cowboy

Haha that's only for special occasions Whit!
  19. malpoke

malpoke Wrangler

Bandwagon fans are not going to buy tickets since they do not know the way to the campus, but they sure improve TV ratings and total volume of T-shirt sales.
  20. GulfCoastPoke

GulfCoastPoke Cowboy

You speak a lot of truth, but be honest, it sounds like you're from west Moore.