Police state getting carried away

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Colorado Man Arrested While Playing Tee-Ball at Park With Daughter—for 'Violating Social Distancing Guidelines'

https://ourcommunitynow.com/news-na...terfor-violating-social-distancing-guidelines

"According to police, about 4:30 p.m. Sunday, officers were dispatched to the park because a citizen was concerned about a “large group of people.”

And BTW, who's the corona Karen who calls the cops on a family in the park?

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
Well he wasn't actually arrested. So I'm not sure we can get our panties in too big of a wad. Still very heavy handed though. Putting cuffs on him and taking him to the car certainly wasn't necessary. To me the most egregious part of it was this:

"During this time none of the officers were wearing any personal protective equipment and easily could have exposed me to COVID-19," Mooney wrote in the Facebook post. "I was placed in the back of the patrol car and left sitting there for over 10 minutes .... After this i was taken out of the car and released with the excuse that these are trying times and everyone is still trying to figure this out. I never got an appology (sic) or anything."
I would have been a bigger asshole about them not keeping their own social distancing. Pretty sure my mouth would have got me into more trouble than this guy got into.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I used to throw "Godwin's law" out there at people making the Nazi comparisons, but when people are calling the cops on a family in the park, and the police are acting on those calls, it feels a little Nazi to me.

Jul 22, 2011
I used to throw "Godwin's law" out there at people making the Nazi comparisons, but when people are calling the cops on a family in the park, and the police are acting on those calls, it feels a little Nazi to me.
I think we can safely start using "CCP" as a go-to pajoritive in lieu of (or in tandem with) all the Nazi comparisons. I mean, they've got concentration camps and everything. Mix it up a bit.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Colorado Man Arrested While Playing Tee-Ball at Park With Daughter—for 'Violating Social Distancing Guidelines'

https://ourcommunitynow.com/news-na...terfor-violating-social-distancing-guidelines

"According to police, about 4:30 p.m. Sunday, officers were dispatched to the park because a citizen was concerned about a “large group of people.”

And BTW, who's the corona Karen who calls the cops on a family in the park?
Sounds like my next episode of Karens of the Corona.

Feb 25, 2008
If I can find it surely ourcommunitynow.com can find it.

https://www.brightonco.gov/CivicAle...kTBM2saV-BJTQuXEzYO_4U-tJHs2mNfrHm9fx0hAO9Tbs

Posted on: April 7, 2020 Brighton Police offers apology to resident regarding park incident

Today, Acting City Manager Marv Falconburg reached out to Brighton resident Matt Mooney by telephone in an effort to arrange a meeting in person with Falconburg and Brighton Police Commander Frank Acosta to offer an apology by Brighton Police Department in person. Falconburg conveyed an apology, however, Mr. Mooney has declined the offer for an in person meeting.

.... more if you click the link above ....

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Which one of those cops thought that was a good idea? that guy needs to be off the force in a hurry. And the other two need to be asked why they let Officer Fife carry on like that.

CowboyOrangefan is right, the only people not social distancing in this story are the cops.

Mar 11, 2006
I won’t call out this small restaurant, but had a funny today. There is a deli I go to a lot that has what I think are the best sandwiches around. The owner has several regular customers and I am one of them.
Today I walked in and three police officers were sitting at a table and eating there. Those three are regulars as well and I know one of the well. I immediately joked that I wanted a table and they said fine. They joked that if the place was going to be shut down they would be the ones doing it anyway.