1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Polk Audio Speakers

Discussion in 'Cowboy Marketplace' started by Pokephoto1, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Pokephoto1

Pokephoto1 Cowboy

I am parting with this really nice Polk Home Theater Speaker set. I bought them new and really haven't used them much in the past few years. Since my wife doesn't appreciate loud movies and we have a little one at home now, I'd like to find a good home for them. I've got them packed in the original box with all the wires and mounts. I've cranked them up a few times and they sound awesome. Asking $250.

Here's a link to the specs and such:

http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/recent/rm6800/
  2. Carneyman14

A/V Subscriber Carneyman14 A little squirt gun action for your satisfaction

I couldn't see where it said in the specs, but do you need a reciever? I would assume yes It looks just like speakers and a sub
  3. Pokephoto1

Pokephoto1 Cowboy

Yes. You need a receiver. (Sorry about that.)
  4. Carneyman14

A/V Subscriber Carneyman14 A little squirt gun action for your satisfaction

hmmm.... Sounds like a good deal. I have a panasonic all in one with a blu-ray player (NO HDMI ports:thumbdown:) That is decent. It really is quiet with talking and really loud with music and action scenes which makes it not so great for an apartment. (Not sure how it would preform in a house) But I might be interested.
  5. Pokephoto1

Pokephoto1 Cowboy

Yeah, in an apartment the neighbors may not appreciate the sound from a 5.1 audio, but I had these in my living room at a previous residence (house) and I could make the room shake pretty good. I didn't listen at loud volumes that often, but I like the surround sound experience. Let me know. I work in Stillwater, but I live about 20 mins. from Edmond. If you buy em, I can bring em to ya.
  6. Pokephoto1

Pokephoto1 Cowboy

These are still available, so I'll bump it up ...