Poll: Opinion on the 2020 FB season?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Your opinion of the upcoming 2020 Football season is:

• - The season will proceed on schedule with fans in the stands as usual.

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • - The season will occur this Fall, but without (or limited) fans in the stands

Votes: 54 45.8%
  • - The season will occur, but will not be completed by mid-December.

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • - We will not play a 2020 Football season.

Votes: 32 27.1%

• Total voters
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
Your opinion please with regard to the upcoming 2020 Football regular 12 game season.

Feel free to post below why you voted as you did...

Last edited:

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Is there an option for Kansas? Fans in the stands aren't usual there. :D

-------------------------------------------
I believe a limited amount of fans - similar to Nascar at Talladega with 5000 fans last weekend will be what we are stuck with until there is a trusted vaccine readily available.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
So will the Nebraska football program continue to gloat about their humongous sell-out streak at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln?

I guess if even just 5,000 fans are allowed to attend, they will call that a sell-out and the streak continues. LOL

If NO fans are allowed...............then the streak continues I guess. LOL

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
So will the Nebraska football program continue to gloat about their humongous sell-out streak at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln?

I guess if even just 5,000 fans are allowed to attend, they will call that a sell-out and the streak continues. LOL

If NO fans are allowed...............then the streak continues I guess. LOL
I mean, it doesn't mean as much, but what would you call it if all the tickets were sold out? What's the cutoff there? If the 100k stadiums operate at 60% capacity and sell out of tickets, what is that?

Tough to deny they show up for their team even when they're bad. I went to Arkansas for grad school, similar situation where they're the only major sports team in the state and nobody goes to games when they're bad. I picked up tickets for $10 and sat with no one around me the year after Petrino got fired. Maybe our fans should be a bit more like Nebraska, or even iowa state, that place is pretty full even when they are god awful.

FWIW, I think it's a moot point because I would guess football gets pushed back to spring 2021. There's almost no way to pull off all the quarantining that's needed when players inevitably test positive. Maybe if they get a rapid test and test negative the day of the game, but they likely still can't practice.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
I don’t see it happening. I hate to even say that, but it’s my current opinion. Too many uncontrollable variables to have a season start in 8 weeks. Players going to class, around town, etc. all week. Then one player tests positive and they call off the game? Especially if it’s a key player. Not even to mention the fans, staff, refs, media (except the Kyle’s, they can stay home). Sounds like a cluster-F to me. Could you imagine contact tracing if there’s an infected player in a game? We’re about to find out how much the NCAA needs the money. That might be the only reason there’s a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I don’t see it happening. I hate to even say that, but it’s my current opinion. Too many uncontrollable variables to have a season start in 8 weeks. Players going to class, around town, etc. all week. Then one player tests positive and they call off the game? Especially if it’s a key player. Not even to mention the fans, staff, refs, media (except the Kyle’s, they can stay home). Sounds like a cluster-F to me. Could you imagine contact tracing if there’s an infected player in a game? We’re about to find out how much the NCAA needs the money. That might be the only reason there’s a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dang. This makes a lot of sense.

Oct 25, 2009
Twin Falls, ID
I would venture to guess that unless a vaccine is widely available by Aug 1, the season will be delayed or wont happen at all. I mean theres a high chance that many colleges and public schools wont return to campus education, so if students arent there I cant imagine sports being played. I hate it but.....Fauci says.

Just an fyi...daily reported cases are the highest we've seen in Idaho recently, but surprisingly no measurable increases in hospital admissions. I fully believe that the tests are picking up something in people that have already either had it or the tests are giving bogus results.

Sep 23, 2010
I would venture to guess that unless a vaccine is widely available by Aug 1, the season will be delayed or wont happen at all. I mean theres a high chance that many colleges and public schools wont return to campus education, so if students arent there I cant imagine sports being played. I hate it but.....Fauci says.

Just an fyi...daily reported cases are the highest we've seen in Idaho recently, but surprisingly no measurable increases in hospital admissions. I fully believe that the tests are picking up something in people that have already either had it or the tests are giving bogus results.
Just more young, asymptomatic people are being tested now. Look at all the college athletes. Many of them tests positive, and nearly 99.9% there is nothing wrong with them. This is happening with a lot of people going back to work where places require testing.

Nov 18, 2010
Season isn’t happening. Nearly 46k new cases from yesterday.
And 45,999 people will fully recover and become immune. (The one death will be an 85 year old with a pre-existing condition that was already killing them, but the hospital called it a covid death because they receive money for each covid death.)

Sooner or later, we have to develop herd immunity. At this rate, we might reach that point before the season starts.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Season will happen and we will wear mask and go to freaking games...you are a part of the problem if you aren’t living life and have massive fear of the virus. Go live life and wear a mask while you do it, take something to boost your annuity. I use Oregano oil and swear by it’s virus killing effects but don’t take my word for it. This isn’t rocket science, take care of yourself and others...we don’t have to stop the world to live safely and still have fun!!!

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2005
And 45,999 people will fully recover and become immune. (The one death will be an 85 year old with a pre-existing condition that was already killing them, but the hospital called it a covid death because they receive money for each covid death.)

Sooner or later, we have to develop herd immunity. At this rate, we might reach that point before the season starts.
Tell the other 121000 people that have died that they didn't have covid...also, there is no sign that herd immunity will ever happen. Most experts that it won't happen.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Season isn’t happening. Nearly 46k new cases from yesterday.
How many people did we test? How many deaths? Are they down? Are hospitalizations down? Case number mean little to nothing because of increased testing. The only stats that matter are hospital space, positives per test and death rates. Stop it and be smart about the numbers you pay attention too. Case numbers mean squat when not compared to more important stats. Then go do your part and live life while wearing a mask when in contact with others.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC

I get that this is hyperbole, but current CFR estimates suggest between 460 and 1,500 of those new cases will die within the next month. We need to be sober minded about the lose-lose situation we're presented with, but let's not diminish those deaths. On topic, those deaths will absolutely form part of the NCAA and university calculus about when and how to hold the season. I think there's enough optimism about a vaccine by Dec, Jan or Feb, that they push the season back. Football makes too much money to just cancel, not just for the NCAA but for the towns and the universities.

Also, as basically every medical professional on here has explained why people aren't going to just make up deaths. I'd recommend one of the many other non-sports threads if you'd like to debate them.

ST2

Cowboy
Jul 9, 2012
I didn't see the option for starting the season and then calling it off after a few weeks due to increased confirmed positive virus test results, as reported by the USA Today-dominated rag that we used to know as the Oklahoman.

With brightly-colored pie charts to illustrate that, of course.

That would be my guess.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I didn't see the option for starting the season and then calling it off after a few weeks due to increased confirmed positive virus test results, as reported by the USA Today-dominated rag that we used to know as the Oklahoman.

With brightly-colored pie charts to illustrate that, of course.

That would be my guess.
Would that be option #3?

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
How many people did we test? How many deaths? Are they down? Are hospitalizations down? Case number mean little to nothing because of increased testing. The only stats that matter are hospital space, positives per test and death rates. Stop it and be smart about the numbers you pay attention too. Case numbers mean squat when not compared to more important stats. Then go do your part and live life while wearing a mask when in contact with others.
Deaths are scaling back up in a lot of areas (including Texas). Hospitalizations are up. TMC in Houston is a HUGE medical center. They’re predicting to be over capacity in two weeks. Over 6k new cases yesterday in Texas after two days over 5k (previously records). But let’s keep Six Flags open even if it kills the dancing old man and who knows who else.

Plus, I’m a bit concerned at the deaths we’ll see in 2-4 weeks as an echo of the heightened cases.