Post Game Thread WVU edition

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
I got annoyed in the stands hearing a lady a few seats down screaming at us for running the ball right before half.

We have a true freshman QB in week 2 playing w/ limited practice/offseason in a close game. You're hoping Chuba or LD can break one before the half or put you in FG range, not air it out and risk a strip sack or pick6. Feels like sometimes the fanbase thinks we should play call like we have a 4th/5th year senior taking every snap of every game, every season when that's not reality.

I was impressed w/ the in game coaching considering the circumstances. The last drive was extremely impressive. Picked our spots and trusted the Freshman when we had to.

Nov 6, 2010
I got annoyed in the stands hearing a lady a few seats down screaming at us for running the ball right before half.

We have a true freshman QB in week 2 playing w/ limited practice/offseason in a close game. You're hoping Chuba or LD can break one before the half or put you in FG range, not air it out and risk a strip sack or pick6. Feels like sometimes the fanbase thinks we should play call like we have a 4th/5th year senior taking every snap of every game, every season when that's not reality.

I was impressed w/ the in game coaching considering the circumstances. The last drive was extremely impressive. Picked our spots and trusted the Freshman when we had to.
Agree completely. The time to get aggressive was early in the game, just like they did.