1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Post your OSU Father's Day gifts!

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by Darth Ryno, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Darth Ryno

Darth Ryno Sheriff

To my father... wish I was keeping it for myself! :) I think he will like this one...

[​IMG]

2. Redhawk

Redhawk Founding member of the Ben Grogan Fan Club A/V Subscriber

I've saw a few of these on eBay. Isn't the seller from Oklahoma City? If so I bought an autographed Weeden jersey from them a few weeks back. I have a Blackmon autograph that looks about the same size but mine has a black matte around it instead of the orange.

3. davidt

davidt Wrangler

You did GREAT!!!!

!OSUGOPOKES! likes this.
  4. backphil

backphil Sheriff

Ryno, the sad things about giving things to our fathers is that eventually things like this will return to us one day. Love him while you still have him!

go44pokes likes this.
  5. Darth Ryno

Darth Ryno Sheriff

Yes, they are from OKC but don't worry... I know these people and they are legit & they even have a store off May.

Anyway, I only got the autographed photo. Went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and had them do the matting. The orange I wanted, they would have had to send off for it, so I went with the less 'neon'ish orange. But it turned out looking good I think.

Redhawk likes this.
  6. Darth Ryno

Darth Ryno Sheriff

You are so right. I hate to even think about it. My father wears my grandfather's 1944 Oklahoma A&M gold graduation ring every day. Orange is deep in my blood... Going to games someday w/o him just wouldn't be the same.

7. WyomingCowboy86

WyomingCowboy86 Deputy

8. Darth Ryno

Darth Ryno Sheriff

That either you received or gave... and Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there!!!!

From my two baby girls :)

[​IMG]

What the girls and I got my father (as seen in another post already). I have an amazing Dad. 2nd generation OSU (I'm the 3rd), bleeds as much orange as any I've ever known... both my girls, especially my little one on the left, are die hard Cowboy fans. Anyway, my Dad is a Dentist in Tish. He does more for people than he ever would for himself and would never want or ask for a thank you. He has about 500-700 kids in braces via SoonerCare, which he had the law added that poor children or children under the poverty line, could get braces to help their quality of life and to gain the confidence needed for later in life. Since he had the laws added, he was the first Dentist in the state to get a SoonerCare status. My Dad also single handily raised the money for a splash pad to be built in our little town of Tishomingo (he had Miranda Lambert and Blake match his donation). Just an amazing person and proud he's my father:
    [​IMG]

Anyway, post what you received or gave this Father's Day!

9. jobob85

jobob85 Feral Marshal A/V Subscriber

Nice Darth Ryno. I was at a wedding Friday and they were grilling with a Treager Grill. I mentioned how well it worked, now I have one in the back porch. Will break it in tonight. Next week a prime rib.

Darth Ryno likes this.
  10. Darth Ryno

Darth Ryno Sheriff

Those are NICE. I would love to have one of those someday. Been wanting a smoker/grill for a while now.

11. osucowboy573

osucowboy573 Deputy

not a fathers day gift, but I did acquire this collect of big 8 soda cans from the in-laws today. Pretty cool set that will look nice in our OSU/MIZZOU room. They didnt have too much info on them and there is very little info on the cans/box. Does anyone know anything about these? big8.JPG big83.JPG

12. t1m0thy

t1m0thy Walker told me I have AIDS A/V Subscriber

No idea but those are pretty sweet!

13. oufannot

oufannot Sheriff

Did some google searching and it is worth around 8 to 10 dollars. They were also made in Champaign, Illinios in 1984 as most would have suspected with the 1984 post on each can. Pretty cool overall.

14. EnviroBandit

EnviroBandit Cowboy

Gym membership to this REALLY cool new place in Tulsa. (Think my family is trying to tell me something?)

goPOKES918 likes this.
  15. WyomingCowboy86

WyomingCowboy86 Deputy

Got two OSU House Flags with Poles along with two mirror covers for game day. Will be flying the Orange Proudly in the Wyoming Wind!

16. Cowboy_4Ever

Cowboy_4Ever Wrangler

My daughter, my son & my daughter-in-law gave me a fabulous dart board with a couple sets of really nice darts and the wall cabinet it is in was made by my son. Really cool. The only thing that could top this for me is the fact that all 3 of them came over & we grilled some steaks, & had a chocolate cake & home made ice cream made by my daughter. We all played darts for a couple hours. My wife struggled throwing at first but is really catching on. Just a fantastic evening and great memory.

17. 65POKE

65POKE Deputy

some great gifts - happy fathers day to all the OSU dads!

18. Exit 174

Exit 174 Bird is the word. A/V Subscriber

You're going to grill Prime Rib? :confused:

19. GodsPeace

GodsPeace Joshua 1:9

Got a Mossberg Maverick 88 12gauge pump action shotgun...

Still haven't shot it yet though...

20. CoreyfreakinlovesOSU

CoreyfreakinlovesOSU Once beat Tyreek Hill in a foot race. A/V Subscriber

Well.. unfortunately I got caught working.. still here. Thank God for OP, its keeping me awake doing circles in the Baltimore Harbor!