1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

prairie dogs?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing, Outdoors' started by WATT4OSU, May 12, 2010.

1. CPTNQUIRK

A/V Subscriber CPTNQUIRK A Legend in His Own Mind

In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
    Hear Ye, Hear Ye, The Twizzard obliges.
  2. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Cowboy

Oh, that was well played, sir!! :D
  3. pokefun

A/V Subscriber pokefun gooner hater extraordinaire

Call Bernard Nine in Slapout, actually it would be Logan. There are several guys around Slapout that have dogs that are in need of shooting. Most of the guys out here are poisoning them.
  4. Rob B.

A/V Subscriber Rob B. Twizzard of Oz

Don't be running around that country at night though, there's a big cat(s) in the vicinity.
  5. kaboy42

kaboy42 Cowboy

Oh I know... :p

I was born and raised a panhandle boy. Me and my brothers/friends got soooo good at killing these things that we had to make up new games cause it got boring!

One of our fave's was "how many can you kill with one shot?"... Wait until two or three lined up on the same hole (or diff holes) and then waste them.

Another fave game was "sink the pink"... You had to make the kill shot with 75% of the remains falling back down in the hole.

AND then there was "the running man"... kill one, and then kill one fleeing the scene.

AND "blinders"... catch one peeking out a hole, wait for him to duck back down and kill him THRU the mound of dirt.
  6. pokefun

A/V Subscriber pokefun gooner hater extraordinaire

Last year there were some cute kittens in the area too. They were playing on the side of the highway north of Slapout. Mom had to be somewhere, but I never saw her.

Be on the lookout for rattlers when out also. I saw several today that were sunning under the edge of meter houses on locations next to prairie dog towns.