Preseason All Big 12

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Preseason All Big 12 was released today. Pokes get 3 on the list with Hubbard, Wallace and Green.

https://twitter.com/mark_cooperjr/status/1148670002943483904?s=21
Miles reminding us why Gundy had to do a little house cleaning when he left, reinstates the one KU player on the list after just 1 game suspension for domestic battery:

https://fansided.com/2019/07/08/les-miles-sends-wrong-message-reinstating-pooka-williams/

By reinstating Pooka Williams after domestic battery arrest, Les Miles shows he still hasn’t learned

" In 2013, Miles let the team vote on whether Jeremy Hill should be reinstated to the team"

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2012
I see Kennedy Brooks on there. I think he is about to be in the middle of a Title IX investigation.

edit: Looks like he may have been cleared?

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
What does Title 9 have to do with assault?? Seems like a weird connection
Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972 is a federal law that states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."

So if the assault occurred because the victim was female, then it could be considered being "denied" or "discriminated" against due to her being a female. I guess Brooks could say that he treats everyone regardless of gender like a punching bag and then it is not a Title IX case.

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
I don't understand why if you feel you were assaulted that you wouldn't go to the police first. This is how Baylor got to cover up their sexual assaults/rapes.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I don't understand why if you feel you were assaulted that you wouldn't go to the police first. This is how Baylor got to cover up their sexual assaults/rapes.
It's similar to a priest molesting a kid, so the family goes to the church to get it resolved.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Preseason Big 12 poll: OSU picked fifth

Oklahoma State won its only conference title in 2011 and the poll put the Cowboys at fifth behind Texas, Iowa State, and TCU.

The Big 12 Football Championship Game between the top two teams in the conference standings is Dec. 7.

Each Big 12 Conference school will be represented on Monday and Tuesday in Arlington, Texas at the AT&T Stadium for Big 12 Media Days.
Also wanted to share a message from our new OSU beat writer, Frank Bonner...

The high-level intensity of the Oklahoma State beat is coming up fast, and I can already tell that Tulsa World readers are going to keep this beat exciting.

In just two weeks, I’ve received several emails, tweets and a couple of direct Twitter messages from Oklahoma State fans, alums and even other media members about how enjoyable this experience is going to be.

Thanks to all of those who have reached out and helped start making this place feel like home.
I’m asking all OSU fans to reach back into your memory bank and rank your top three favorite OSU football moments that you remember.

If I can get a large enough sample size, I’ll put together a story that ranks the OSU fans favorite football moments based on your submissions. This will be a fun way for me to listen to your thoughts and get to know you all a little better.

Feel free to email your rankings to frank.bonner@tulsaworld.com or tweet @frank_bonner2.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
It's similar to a priest molesting a kid, so the family goes to the church to get it resolved.
Which in the case of rape is the wrong thing to do. Rape whether it's committed by a football person or a priest is a criminal act of violence that deserves punishment.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
That sounded odd to me too. Don't know details, etc - maybe an attorney can answer this:

Could it be the young lady and her attorney are looking for a pay day, so are trying to establish damages to support a civil suit versus criminal charges?

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
It's an odd numbered year. That's good news:

2017: 10 - 3
2015: 10 - 3
2013: 10 - 3
2011: 12 - 1

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
Not sure who else to pick, probably Sterns, but I thought it was funny Murray is the preseason DPOY. He's the best player on one of the worst defenses. Everyone will say he makes a lot of tackles, which he does, but again he wouldn't have to make so many if the guys around him were better.