Profiles in Corruption: Abuse of Power by America's Progressive Elite

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 22, 2011
They New York Times won a couple of Pulitzers for their reporting saying that Trump had colluded with Russia but nary a word about that in the press when that reporting were proven wrong.
From cable news to the floor of the Senate, the Russia story is still stated as definitive fact. It is now a core belief for the cult of the left.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
With the Clinton book, he admitted mistakes and corrected them...in turn the Clinton Foundation admitted mistakes and changed their rules as well.
I didn’t read that one so I can’t comment. Schweizer has proven he’ll go after both sides of the aisle so to claim he is a partisan hack with the credibility of te is a lazy and uniformed or misinformed claim.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
I didn’t read that one so I can’t comment. Schweizer has proven he’ll go after both sides of the aisle so to claim he is a partisan hack with the credibility of te is a lazy and uniformed or misinformed claim.
Agree, the only book of his that I have read was The Next War, which he wrote with Cap Weinberger...interesting book at the time.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
If the next Profiles in Corruption book is called "Abuse of Power by America's Conservative Elite," I'll likely read both.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
National Debt Increased by $3 Trillion Under Trump Presidency.
Yes it sucks, an epic failure. And yet every single Democrat is running on increasing spending even more than the unsustainable levels they're at now.

So even on something Trump has failed so miserably at, he's still the lesser of two evils. Seriously do you think before you post.

Apr 14, 2009
I though that the giant Tax cut for big corporations and the most wealthy among us would fix things.
OH WELL just same old winger lies.
We get the government we deserve.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I though that the giant Tax cut for big corporations and the most wealthy among us would fix things.
Well we are experiencing record tax revenues...the tax cuts worked exactly like they were supposed to, just as JFK predicted so many years ago. The problem, as it has always been, is spending. Which is why it's insanity to vote for more of it.

Jul 22, 2011
That's a weird insult.
Do you mean "right-winger", as though you were not simply regurgitating the "left-winger" perspective? These wingers huh?

1579805143044.png

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Well we are experiencing record tax revenues...the tax cuts worked exactly like they were supposed to, just as JFK predicted so many years ago. The problem, as it has always been, is spending. Which is why it's insanity to vote for more of it.
It appears over the past 5 years or so GDP and government expenditures have been steadily increasing while tax revenues have flattened and not kept up. Also, note that in the past when the government expenditures have tightened with respect to GDP it has been in times of recession. Yet, despite having a gangbuster economy during the Trump presidency government expenditures are increasing faster than GDP. At current trending, it will cross, recession or not. (different graph scales).
As you can see, that fiscal irresponsibility has never happened in non-recession times in the past under a D or R. In the past with good economic times, GDP generally outpaced spending.

fredgraph-2.png

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
It appears over the past 5 years or so GDP and government expenditures have been steadily increasing while tax revenues have flattened and not kept up. Also, note that in the past when the government expenditures have tightened with respect to GDP it has been in times of recession. Yet, despite having a gangbuster economy during the Trump presidency government expenditures are increasing faster than GDP. At current trending, it will cross, recession or not. (different graph scales).
As you can see, that fiscal irresponsibility has never happened in non-recession times in the past under a D or R. In the past with good economic times, GDP generally outpaced spending.

View attachment 76955
You know what pisses me off about that graph? It’s not one party, it’s both. It’s been going on so long that people have been divided claiming their side is more righteous, when clearly they both righteously suck.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK

View attachment 76955
Like I said, spending is the problem.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Yes, the graph agrees with that but also shows that the Trump presidency has created an issue never before seen, flat tax revenues and increasing government expenditures during an economic boom. No tax and spend liberal has even done that.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Yes, the graph agrees with that but also shows that the Trump presidency has created an issue never before seen, flat tax revenues and increasing government expenditures during an economic boom. No tax and spend liberal has even done that.
Makes me furious with the Congress especially when the republicans had control of it.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX

View attachment 76955
Help me out with your chart @steross, it shows fed revenue at $2T...OMB says FY 2019 fed revenue is $3.46T and estimates FY 2020 fed revenue at $3.64T.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
Spending isn't 'per se' the problem, fixed / mandatory spending is the problem, since roughly 1990 even allowing for an increase during and then peaking under gbj's term (thank you george for the EESA of 08) discretionary spending is on the decline. If mandatory spending isn't controlled no amount of budget manipulation is going to change anything and you cannot tax your way out of it either.