Profiles in Corruption: Abuse of Power by America's Progressive Elite

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Well first of all, spending originates in Congress, all any president really has the power to do is sign or veto the spending measures put on their desk, which is why I said people need to focus on electing libertarians to the House.

I don't trust either party on the issue nor should anybody else at this point. But I'm still never going to vote for a candidate who looks straight at the camera and tells me they want to increase spending by 100%....and neither should anybody else who claims they care about the debt.
We have had a republican congress for most of Trump's time. Trump is bragging about what he has done and you have given him credit. The knife has to cut both ways.

I will keep looking at what they actually do to make my decisions and you can keep hoping based on what they say.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
We have had a republican congress for most of Trump's time. Trump is bragging about what he has done and you have given him credit. The knife has to cut both ways.

I will keep looking at what they actually do to make my decisions and you can keep hoping based on what they say.
I have given Trump credit for what he deserves credit for, but never once have I said he has been good on spending, I have very openly criticized him and the Republicans on that issue.

That doesn't change the fact that I believe the Democrats WILL follow through on at least some of their proposed spending increases if they get a majority in Congress and the White House....and I will vote against that.

You yourself are touting a candidate who is running on $3 Trillion in new spending. Are you telling me he's just saying that for votes but he has no intention of trying to get Congress to pass it.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I have given Trump credit for what he deserves credit for, but never once have I said he has been good on spending, I have very openly criticized him and the Republicans on that issue.

That doesn't change the fact that I believe the Democrats WILL follow through on at least some of their proposed spending increases if they get a majority in Congress and the White House....and I will vote against that.

You yourself are touting a candidate who is running on $3 Trillion in new spending. Are you telling me he's just saying that for votes but he has no intention of trying to get Congress to pass it.
The UBI is a completely different thing than typical government spending like a pork barrel project that helps a few developers and contractors get wealthy. And, each citizen would actually get $12k. What has Trump's huge spending and massive deficit increase gotten you?

He is also proposing automatic sunsetting of old laws when the program/idea/method did not meet the KPI that was designed to meet. Proposing getting rid of waste like pennies. Yearly daylight savings time. etc/ As I have said, I do not agree with everything he is proposing. What I do agree with is that he is a logical thinker and I believe his method of deciding what is important would be far better than our current president or any of the others. Regardless of what is said in campaigning, the bottom line is who do you trust to make those decisions better?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Regardless of what is said in campaigning, the bottom line is who do you trust to make those decisions better?
Between Trump and the 3 Dem front-runners, I trust Trump more, it's not even close. Not sure about the others, if they become relevant, I'll do some homework on them.

Edit: I don't really trust any of them on debt/spending though...its not like we have a fiscally responsible option in either of the two main parties so I'll say again, anybody voting simply on spending should look at the libertarian candidate.

Last edited:

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK

Biggest difference I see between R spending and D spending is D's increase mandatory spending and R's rush in and blow a ton with discretionary spending. The mandatory stuff is what's going to sink us. The discretionary stuff can be shut down at any time.