Proud to be an American

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
Who do you think owns Hoover Dam and the water it backs up? Where do you think Las Vegas gets its water. I rest my case.
The federal government does NOT provide water to LV. The feds own the dam and lake, it is not responsible for providing water to municipalities from it. The water is sold to various municipal water districts who are the entities responsible for providing the water to constituents. Southern Nevada Water Authority in the case of LV, DWP for LA, so on and so on. Same with every municipality that draws water from lakes, rivers, streams that are not privately owned.

Nice try, play again soon.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Republicans had several qualified candidates from which to chose who were not as repugnant as trump, yet they allowed him to hijack the brand, the election and the presidency. And while the Dems are far from perfect, there is no acceptable excuse for electing an individual as void of morals, integrity and decency as trump. I am not a Democrat but I believe I am a fair-minded, clear-thinking, God fearing American who knows the difference between right and wrong. Most Okies consider themselves to be God fearing, as well, yet they support a President who faces multiple law suits from women claiming abuse, tax evasion, obstruction of justice, violation of the constitution and possible impeachment. How can your support for such an individual be justified? Oh, wait...there's always the economy. The booming economy built on reduced taxes for corporations and the wealthy that is draining the US treasury and driving us deeper and deeper in debt. No surprise there, since trump told us in the campaign how much he loved debt (says the guy who bankrupted 9 companies, leaving his creditors holding the bag). I guess if he bankrupts America it will be the crowing jewel in his fake hair do.
At least Trump lost the popular vote.

By far the most important issue to the evangelical Christian Right is to get abortion banned. No doubt, it doesn't matter to them how little integrity Trump has as long as he claims to be pro-life and chooses pro-life judges. To everybody else, the economy matters a lot, so Trump better hope a recession doesn't develop before Nov. 2020.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
The federal government does NOT provide water to LV. The feds own the dam and lake, it is not responsible for providing water to municipalities from it. The water is sold to various municipal water districts who are the entities responsible for providing the water to constituents. Southern Nevada Water Authority in the case of LV, DWP for LA, so on and so on. Same with every municipality that draws water from lakes, rivers, streams that are not privately owned.

Nice try, play again soon.
No, it's still the federal government providing the water. There would be little or no water for Las Vegas, if feds didn't build Hoover Dam. Read your own writing which was, "The water is sold to various municipal water districts who are the entities responsible for providing the water to constituents.

Aug 16, 2012
There is still no way I'll vote for Trump in 2020. I'll simply vote Libertarian, again if Democrats don't come up with anyone suitable. Seriously, I don't see how any of you can vote for someone who has been accused of raping a 13 year old. Would you trust your young daughter alone with Trump? I hope not.
Wow. You will believe anything the left says. Ever hear anything about the word "proof"? Nobody can even find this woman and the case was filed by a patent lawyer responding to a cattle call solicitation of services posted on the internet.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
No, it's still the federal government providing the water. There would be little or no water for Las Vegas, if feds didn't build Hoover Dam. Read your own writing which was, "The water is sold to various municipal water districts who are the entities responsible for providing the water to constituents. Your only out is to point out that customers don't pay their water bill to the feds.

Aug 16, 2012
No, it's still the federal government providing the water. There would be little or no water for Las Vegas, if feds didn't build Hoover Dam. Read your own writing which was, "The water is sold to various municipal water districts who are the entities responsible for providing the water to constituents.
My God you are dense. If the feds provided the water, they would have built the infrastructure, treatment facilities, ran all the piping, charged for taps and billed residents. They do none of that. They own the raw water by virtue of the dam and nothing more. You are hopeless.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Wow. You will believe anything the left says. Ever hear anything about the word "proof"? Nobody can even find this woman and the case was filed by a patent lawyer responding to a cattle call solicitation of services posted on the internet.
LOL, OSUinTX, for all I know you were gullible enough to fall hook, like and sinker for fake news from a far right source, maybe InfoWars? Are you ignorant that the woman has refiled the rape charge suit?

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
My God you are dense. If the feds provided the water, they would have built the infrastructure, treatment facilities, ran all the piping, charged for taps and billed residents. They do none of that. They own the raw water by virtue of the dam and nothing more. You are hopeless.
Once again, OSU in TX, the feds are providing the water. Seriously where else are the cities going to tap onto their water supply? I can't help you if you insist upon being utterly blind to that very undeniable FACT.

Aug 16, 2012
LOL, OSUinTX, for all I know you were gullible enough to fall hook, like and sinker for fake news from a far right source, maybe InfoWars? Are you ignorant that the woman has refiled the rape charge suit?
That is the case I references where she has not attended hearings, nobody can find her and she is represented by a patent lawyer who responded to an internet ad. Could not even tell you what Infowars is. Actual court filings are available throughout the internet and there are hundreds of articles about it posted by both sides of the political divide. Provide proof something happened and I will changey mind. Until then, it is hearsay, most likely designed for political posturing or financial gain. Wake up

Aug 16, 2012
Once again, OSU in TX, the feds are providing the water. Seriously where else are the cities going to tap onto their water supply? I can't help you if you insist upon being utterly blind to that very undeniable FACT.
Yeah. The citizens of LV drink water straight from the lake. OK. Done. You are either a moron, or are just fishing for attention. Not going to give you the satisfaction.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
At least Trump lost the popular vote.

By far the most important issue to the evangelical Christian Right is to get abortion banned. No doubt, it doesn't matter to them how little integrity Trump has as long as he claims to be pro-life and chooses pro-life judges. To everybody else, the economy matters a lot, so Trump better hope a recession doesn't develop before Nov. 2020.
I doubt very seriously a recession happens before the next election...we are energy independent for the first time in like forever and things are rocking along due to new corporate rules and reductions in red tape. The government has gotten semi out of the way and American business is winning as a result. Much of this was due to the Presidents fiscal policy...as long as he's in office seems to me things should be pretty rosy on the financial front. At least I hope so...but I hoped that under the last guy as well.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
There is still no way I'll vote for Trump in 2020. I'll simply vote Libertarian, again if Democrats don't come up with anyone suitable. Seriously, I don't see how any of you can vote for someone who has been accused of raping a 13 year old. Would you trust your young daughter alone with Trump? I hope not.
If I ACCUSE you of raping a 13 year old girl, then you'll be on equal footing... will you vote for Trump then?

Aug 16, 2012
Said I was done but in my dismay over your ignorance, I forgot an important tenant of water rights law. NOBODY owns it, especially not the US government. Yes, they built the dam and manage it, as well as certain aspects of the lake, but water is rightly considered a resource that is not owned by anyone save private lakes on private land and even then, the actual water is regulated. Water in Lake Mead is regulated, not owned, by the Colorado River Compact which spells out exactly how much water can be taken by each state, how much has to be released by each dam, etc. The CRC is an agreement among the states, not the federal government. In fact, privatization of public water supplies has increased 6-fold in the past 30 years. The 100 million gallons of water Nestle pulls from Michigan lakes and streams each year....is paid for by a check to the state, not to the feds.

Got drawn into your semantics play and misplaced the forest through the trees. Again, the federal government does NOT own the water in Lake Mead. They created the means for the water to accumulate, but as I said before, the individual municipal water agencies, as well as private water corporations, have rights to it on a state level, not the federal level, and it is these individual agencies/corporations that provide water to citizens. Ask yourself this. The Flint issue....who paid for correction? The feds? No, the state of Michigan did (even though the work is not complete and has actually been abandoned).

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
So what are you attempting to point out? That it isn't the responsibility of federal tax dollars to be invested in people and infrastructure, because it robs from your freedom? One measurement of freedom is determined by amount of taxation. The less money you give to government in taxes the more freedom you have?
that is exactly correct; FEDERAL government. It NOT the responsibility of the FEDERAL government to steal my money and spend it on anything other than what they are supposed to do - and that is mostly Defense.

How can you possibly suggest that I am "free" when I must work FOR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT for 1/3 of my life. Over 1/3 of my entire life is WASTED supporting foolish goverment giveaways. (I'm sure it's MORE THAN 1/3 if I include FICA/SSN and "Federal fees" that I pay on my bills.

No Sir - I am no longer Free. (and they can change the amount of "freedom" that I have at any moment, AND all of the Democratic candidates state flatly that they will remove more of my freedom.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Hey Townie... GOD is providing the water, the Feds simply built a way to keep it from rolling away. Mostly the Hoover Dam was built for FLOOD CONTROL, down stream, with the benefit of also a way to collect water that they needed for ELECTRICITY.

The Federal government DOES NOT provide water to Las Vegas - they have their own water district for that.

You should have used the TVA - you might have had a better argument with that one.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
And as I mentioned the Presidential election is basically binary. The other candidate was Hillary Clinton. Who, in the opinion of many, is much worse than Trump... plus supported policies that many Oklahomans disagree with.

It is going to occur again if the Dems march out someone like Warren or Sanders.
The Presidential election is binary but the primaries are not. My point was the Republicans had many superior candidates from which to choose but you allowed trump to bully his way to the nomination. This business of "lesser of the evils" is bogus...you chose the lesser to be your candidate. Own it.
As I have said before, flawed primaries and caucasus, allowed many Republicans to not get the chance to vote for a challenger to Trump honestly.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
They happen to have the water being sold to Las Vegas, but that doesn't make them responsible to provide water to Las Vegas. The responsibility lies with the city or water district either buying from the feds or finding their own source. You are wrong in this or you have a different definition of responsible.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Hey Townie... GOD is providing the water, the Feds simply built a way to keep it from rolling away. Mostly the Hoover Dam was built for FLOOD CONTROL, down stream, with the benefit of also a way to collect water that they needed for ELECTRICITY.

The Federal government DOES NOT provide water to Las Vegas - they have their own water district for that.

You should have used the TVA - you might have had a better argument with that one.
You still can't run away from the fact that the Feds provide the source for the water of Las Vegas from Lake Mead. Without it, Las Vegas would not have been able to skyrocket in population, proving Hoover Dam was also built in a major way to provide a vitally needed source of water for future economic growth.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I don't see how any of you can vote for someone who has been accused of raping a 13 year old
Two reasons
1. I happen to believe that people in this country are innocent until proven guilty. Now if I really believed he did it, whether he was convicted or not, there's no way in hell I would vote for him. I do not.
2. False accusations of sexual assault have become a regular standard political attack tactic, which means we have to take all of them with a grain of salt. The people who started using this tactic so regularly, making things harder on real victims, are the people we shouldn't be voting for.