1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PS3 Slim already on sale! Sold out.

Discussion in 'Video Games, Movies & Technology' started by OSUCherokee, Aug 26, 2009.

1. OSUCherokee

OSUCherokee Wrangler

Home: Norman, OK----Currently: Afghanistan
    Woohoo! Now all I need is a paycheck. lol...

2. State

A/V Subscriber State Cold Ass Honkey

*shrug* I'm happy with my original.
  3. Ultra86

Ultra86 Cowboy

Chalk this up to Capt. Obvious (not you, Cherokee). They should have done this a long time ago. I am going to put this on my Christmas list, for sure.
  4. OSUCherokee

OSUCherokee Wrangler

Yeah. That's Sony for you. Stubborn. They don't listen to outside advice. Either way, I'm buying the new one as soon as I get my first pay check.
  5. Ultra86

Ultra86 Cowboy

I read something about them updating the HDMI/audio chip? I am pretty well sold on this because I don't need backwards compatibility and I don't care about the matte finish or that there are buttons and not touch buttons.
  6. Binman4OSU

Binman4OSU Cowboy

ohh I can't bring myself to give up my 80GB version that I have the Metal gear solid bundle...backward compat with 90% of PS2 games and 100% of PS1 games and it has the 4 USB slots upfront instead of 2 , a Universal card reader, the hard drive is removable by the user and you can replace it if needed...too many options to give up to get the slim.
  7. Gfunk

Gfunk Cowboy

I have heard that there are some just sitting on the shelves at a Best Buy here in Fort Worth. /shrug
  8. PokeVille

A/V Subscriber PokeVille .

Funny he bolded the two lines that talked about it being sold out but didn't bold the line about the 12 sitting on the shelf in san francisco.

I hear a lot of people going to buy the slim. Most of them already have a PS3 though. Probably be a lot of cheap used PS3's out there in the near future. That gets me excited.
  9. Gfunk

Gfunk Cowboy

That's a good point. I do plan on buying a PS3 in the future so more used ones on the market for cheap could be a good thing.
  10. trueorangeblood

A/V Subscriber trueorangeblood Cold ass honky

You might like this...

11. OSUCherokee

OSUCherokee Wrangler

Well... that was the topic of the thread. Makes sense right? ;)

Hard drives are still removable and upgradable. The slim has a faster processor. The unit runs on 37 or so percent less electricity and is even quieter.
  12. PokeVille

you, good sir, are a topic and thread writing genius...If I had a beer I would offer you one.
  13. OSUCherokee

OSUCherokee Wrangler

Holy crap... ladies and gentlemen, Sony officially now has a sense of humor. :D

In their new commercial for the PS3 Slim, Sony has made fun of itself with all the rumors and speculation about price drops and new consoles. Check out the new ad.

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uyfsQ8nn5M4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uyfsQ8nn5M4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]
  14. PokeVille

That's actually clever and funny. Not too often commercials can get a laugh out of me.