Question regarding the public reactions to racism

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Not better, they’ve just been better for African-Americans than the Dems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
can you give me examples from the last 20 years to support this? I am very intrigued. Please dont tell me how lincoln freed the slaves. Parties evolve and I have no clue what the republicans have evolved into.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Oct 7, 2008
I have nothing to add other than we need more conversations on race and racism like this. The national conversation is all in black and white (no pun intended) but the truth is it's mostly in the grey area. All of the conversations this country needs to be having are in the grey area, unfortunately that's where we spend the least amount of time.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
That leads us back to Democrats and their control of places like Chicago, Detroit, and L.A..... for all their platitudes, what have they truly done for black people, other than keep them tied down to the inner cities and a cycle of poverty?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
i would encourage you to look at poverty in other places as well. What leads you to believe blacks are only poor in places like chicago, detroit and LA. I can assure you there are poor blacks in Kentucky, Mississippi and Oklahoma. What are the republicans doing for blacks in those places that is superior to the democrats?

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
I don't think anyone will dispute the fact that things like slavery, oppression, & historical systemic racism have played a big part in where the African American community is today. Those are well documented facts. But the question is, what about our current system is systemically racist and needs to be changed?
i mean how many items would you like named. What about criminal justice sentencing reform. How can two people commit the same crime and recieve vastly different sentences would you like me to show you examples? I could see someone getting 6 years vs 8 years for armed robbery but what the hell is this? For all those that cry about family structure of blacks this would help.

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/c...udge-unfair-sentencing-goes-viral/5343396002/

Jul 9, 2004
When my 20yr old son was in highschool, we started looking for available scholarships and/or grants. I was amazed at the number of scholarships out there. However, I was shocked that he was disqualified from even applying for what seemed to be 50%+ of those scholarships just based on who he was(straight white male). It was a real eye-opener.

Racism? It seemed like it at the time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I don't think anyone will dispute the fact that things like slavery, oppression, & historical systemic racism have played a big part in where the African American community is today. Those are well documented facts. But the question is, what about our current system is systemically racist and needs to be changed?
i mean how many items would you like named. What about criminal justice sentencing reform. How can two people commit the same crime and recieve vastly different sentences would you like me to show you examples? I could see someone getting 6 years vs 8 years for armed robbery but what the hell is this? For all those that cry about family structure of blacks this would help.

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/c...udge-unfair-sentencing-goes-viral/5343396002/
You can’t always compare sentences without all the facts - which are generally not available.

For instance.
Defendant 1 with no priors (jurisdiction A) - charged with possession of controlled substance. Convicted by a jury of possession of controlled substance. Sentenced by a judge to 1 yr probation.
Defendant 2 with 2 priors (jurisdiction B) - charged with breaking and entering, theft, possession of stolen goods, possession of a firearm and possession of a controlled substance. In a plea arrangement with DA, pleads guilty to possession of a controlled substance and agrees to a sentence of 5 years.

I know, this example doesn’t address the case cited, but does address the flaws in countless studies that conclude sentencing differences for various crimes.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
You can’t always compare sentences without all the facts - which are generally not available.

For instance.
Defendant 1 with no priors (jurisdiction A) - charged with possession of controlled substance. Convicted by a jury of possession of controlled substance. Sentenced by a judge to 1 yr probation.
Defendant 2 with 2 priors (jurisdiction B) - charged with breaking and entering, theft, possession of stolen goods, possession of a firearm and possession of a controlled substance. In a plea arrangement with DA, pleads guilty to possession of a controlled substance and agrees to a sentence of 5 years.

I know, this example doesn’t address the case cited, but does address the flaws in countless studies that conclude sentencing differences for various crimes.

i personally want to see more uniform sentencing. take the human bias out of it.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

For instance.

i personally want to see more uniform sentencing. take the human bias out of it.
Which of course would be ludicrous in the above example.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
I’ll start and stop with job creation. Dems are pitiful at it. Reps are better.

No need to go any further.

have you seen the unemployment numbers? This is what gets me with the republicans. Clinton created the most jobs of any president. Obama created more jobs than bush. Lets wait and see the obama vs trump numbers. Gotta operate from a set of facts and not myths.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I’ll start and stop with job creation. Dems are pitiful at it. Reps are better.

No need to go any further.

have you seen the unemployment numbers? This is what gets me with the republicans. Clinton created the most jobs of any president. Obama created more jobs than bush. Lets wait and see the obama vs trump numbers. Gotta operate from a set of facts and not myths.
So the Rep are responsible for the virus?

Believe me, I know Biden (if he’s elected) will take credit for the recovery from the virus. But that won’t make it real. He’ll actually destroy jobs by raising taxes.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/biden-blue-wave-batter-stock-market

Mar 11, 2006
i would encourage you to look at poverty in other places as well. What leads you to believe blacks are only poor in places like chicago, detroit and LA. I can assure you there are poor blacks in Kentucky, Mississippi and Oklahoma. What are the republicans doing for blacks in those places that is superior to the democrats?
For one, treating them like equals. Not assuming that because of their race that they are victims, or can’t do something.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
can you give me examples from the last 20 years to support this? I am very intrigued. Please dont tell me how lincoln freed the slaves. Parties evolve and I have no clue what the republicans have evolved into.
That's because you're a simpleton. All anyone has to do to see what your garbage group has evolved into is look at all the burned, looted cities or read a headline from one of the cities that have suffered for decades under dem failed leadership. How many blacks do blacks have to kill before you godless losers look in the mirror and see the generational failures of you ignorant, faux-benevolent arrogance? Margaret Sanger would love you guys.