Recipes...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
I keep telling you guys. 2 slices of bread. One side spread with peanut butter and the other spread with jelly.

Someday. This idea. Will be huge. :whistle:

bacowboy

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2004
BA
I searched and didn't see anything about an Orange Power Cook Book.

What are some of your favorite day-to-day recipes or special event foods?

We can break it down into a Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack, and Special Event sections. Just list some of your favorite things. My favorite meal of the day is breakfast hands down... maybe just because its the bacon?

Egg Sandwich:

1 Egg
2 Strips of Bacon
Sweet Relish
Mayo
Cheese (Sharp Cheddar)
Bread
Spices (salt and pepper)

Pretty simple. I cook my bacon in the oven on 'Broil' while cooking my egg. The egg can be cooked over easy to your liking. Toast your bread, spread mayo on one side along with your slices of cheese, then the other, apply your relish (bacon side).

This may not sound good but it is truly one of my favorites.

Not too sure where my dad/grandma picked up this recipe, maybe the fire station, but it is amazing.

Eggs-outa-GoldenRod:

Hard-boiled eggs
Bread
Flour
Milk
Butter
Paprika
Salt and Pepper

A little more complicated, just for the fact that I don't measure stuff.

After you peel your eggs, you need to make a gravy sauce with the egg whites. Melt butter in a large sauce pan, add flour slowly to mix it. (will turn into a paste) Then add milk until your gravy is made. Simply toast some bread, I use 2 slices stacked on top of each other, (butter your bread) then pour the gravy over the bread. Crumble the egg yolk on top, then sprinkle paprika on it. Then Enjoy!

Just some simple ideas I really enjoy and hope you guys will share some of your favorite recipes.
Look at the top there is a recipes sticky.

Aug 22, 2009
Oklahoma
Egg Sandwich:

1 Egg
2 Strips of Bacon
Sweet Relish
Mayo
Cheese (Sharp Cheddar)
Bread
Spices (salt and pepper)

Pretty simple. I cook my bacon in the oven on 'Broil' while cooking my egg. The egg can be cooked over easy to your liking. Toast your bread, spread mayo on one side along with your slices of cheese, then the other, apply your relish (bacon side).

This may not sound good but it is truly one of my favorites.

Not too sure where my dad/grandma picked up this recipe, maybe the fire station, but it is amazing.

Eggs-outa-GoldenRod:

Hard-boiled eggs
Bread
Flour
Milk
Butter
Paprika
Salt and Pepper

A little more complicated, just for the fact that I don't measure stuff.

After you peel your eggs, you need to make a gravy sauce with the egg whites. Melt butter in a large sauce pan, add flour slowly to mix it. (will turn into a paste) Then add milk until your gravy is made. Simply toast some bread, I use 2 slices stacked on top of each other, (butter your bread) then pour the gravy over the bread. Crumble the egg yolk on top, then sprinkle paprika on it. Then Enjoy!

Erick

Master in the art of Gemütlichkeit
Jun 11, 2006
Yukon, Oklahoma:
Great looking recipes Stingray!
A few things about the Egg sandwich, more bacon, runny yolk , not sure about relish, an it has to be cut diagonal. I mad a version with bacon, ham and sausage. I called it the Gentile Supreme.

Aug 14, 2005
Edmond Oklahoma

Slutty Brownies

Yield: 1 9x9 brownie pan
Serving Size: 10 brownies per recipe

Ingredients
For the Brownie layer:
    • 10 tbsp unsalted butter
    • 1 1/4 cups white sugar
    • 3/4 cup cocoa powder
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 2 tsp vanilla extract
    • 2 large eggs
    • 1/2 cup AP flour
For the Oreo layer:
    • 1 package of Oreo (regular stuffed or double stuffed)
For the Cookie Dough layer:
  • 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temp)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cup AP flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. For the Brownie layer:
  2. In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the sugar and cocoa powder once the butter is melted. Whisk to combine and remove from heat. Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and continuously whisk until the eggs are combined. Add the flour and continue to mix. Set batter aside.
  3. For the Cookie Dough layer:
  4. Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips. Set dough aside.
  5. Assembly:
  6. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
  7. Line the bottom of a 9x9 baking pan with tin foil and then spray the tin foil with a layer of baking spray.
  8. Layer 1/2 of the cookie dough on the bottom of a 9x9 baking pan, pressing down to form the bottom of the slutty brownies. Reserve the remaining cookie dough to be used to make cookies later in the day.
  9. Layer as many oreos that will fit on top of the cookie dough. No need to overlap. One single layer will do.
  10. Pour the brownie batter on top of the oreo layer and make sure it's evenly layers on top.
  11. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with a knife to see if the center is done. If the knife comes out clean, let the brownies rest before serving. If the knife comes out with batter still on it, allow the brownies to bake about 5 minutes more.
  12. Serve with ice cream :)

Aug 14, 2005
Edmond Oklahoma

Smores Bars
1/2 cup butter, room temperature​
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 king-sized Hershey's milk chocolate bars (if you want a more subtle chocolate flavor use regular sized chocolate bars; enough to fit)
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (7 1/2 oz jar)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.

2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.

3. Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if necessary) to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick. Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff. This part can be tricky. I made little disks with the dough and formed them into a sheet on some parchment paper then transferred it over. Spread it around gently.

4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

Makes 16 cookie bars.

Feb 5, 2008
T-Town
I keep telling you guys. 2 slices of bread. One side spread with peanut butter and the other spread with jelly.

Someday. This idea. Will be huge. :whistle:
My step dad makes "Elvis sandwiches." Basically it's peanut butter, banana, honey, and bacon, and you fry it in butter like you would a grilled cheese sando. Freaking amazing.

LivinOrange25

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Sep 5, 2012
Does anyone have any great chili recipes? Having people over all day Saturday to watch football and the weather that's in the forecast for that day sounds perfect for a big pot of chili

t1m0thy

Walker told me I have AIDS
Sep 3, 2008
Tulsa
Does anyone have any great chili recipes? Having people over all day Saturday to watch football and the weather that's in the forecast for that day sounds perfect for a big pot of chili
I've seen so many "Best chili in the world" recipes and been to lots of chili cookoffs. Everyone tries too hard to be different and do something nobody else is doing. To me the best way to make chili is keeping it simple.

LivinOrange25

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Sep 5, 2012
I've seen so many "Best chili in the world" recipes and been to lots of chili cookoffs. Everyone tries too hard to be different and do something nobody else is doing. To me the best way to make chili is keeping it simple.
That's pretty much how I've made mine over the years (lots of meat, a can of tomato sauce, a can of beans, and a packet of chili seasonings) and it always tastes good but it's pretty basic. Just looking to add a little variety to it I guess..

I googled some recipes and couldn't believe some of the stuff (beer, sugar, black coffee!?) people put in their chili's that won various contests.

t1m0thy

Sep 3, 2008
Tulsa
That's pretty much how I've made mine over the years (lots of meat, a can of tomato sauce, a can of beans, and a packet of chili seasonings) and it always tastes good but it's pretty basic. Just looking to add a little variety to it I guess..

I googled some recipes and couldn't believe some of the stuff (beer, sugar, black coffee!?) people put in their chili's that won various contests.
My dad put pepperoni and shrimp in his one year. It was ok, but it wasn't as good as an old fashioned bowl of chili.

LivinOrange25

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Sep 5, 2012
My dad put pepperoni and shrimp in his one year. It was ok, but it wasn't as good as an old fashioned bowl of chili.
Yea I think I may just stick with the usual but also make some jalapeno popper's like the one's on the first page to snack on during the day and what not.

t1m0thy

Sep 3, 2008
Tulsa
Yea I think I may just stick with the usual but also make some jalapeno popper's like the one's on the first page to snack on during the day and what not.
The beer sounds interesting though. I can imagine a nice guiness or smithwick's or something adding a really good flavor.

LivinOrange25

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Sep 5, 2012
The beer sounds interesting though. I can imagine a nice guiness or smithwick's or something adding a really good flavor.
I thought the same thing also, they suggested using a dark flavorful beer. Looking at all those recipes that may be the one thing different that I end up trying.

Erick

Master in the art of Gemütlichkeit
Jun 11, 2006
Yukon, Oklahoma:
Here is a pretty good thread with some chili recipes.
http://www.orangepower.com/threads/the-chili-thread.75104/

Since this thread I have found that for me, I like to have a bowl of beans separate on the side for those folks that like that sort of thing. Secondly, the championship recipes you find online are a different sort of chili than what I am used to (They don't use tomatoes!) Lastly, diced cooked bacon DOES make everything better!

A brief summary of my kind of chili:

In large pot...
1/2 lb trimmed, diced and cooked bacon. Then add..
2l bs ground beef. Once browned add...

1 large can crushed tomato & 1 can of petite diced tomato (drained)
1 finely dices onion & a few cloves of diced garlic

Seasoning:
2-4 Tbs Paprika
2-4 Tbs Chili Powder
Black pepper & Cayenne
Handful of brown sugar
splash of liquid smoke

t1m0thy

Sep 3, 2008
Tulsa
Just made this Monday night for the Bedlam tailgate.

Apple Pie Moonshine:

Ingredients:

1 gallon apple cider
1 gallon apple juice
3 cups white sugar
8 cinnamon sticks
1 liter bottle of 190 proof moonshine or grain alcohol (Everclear)
Directions

1. In a large stock pot, combine the apple cider, apple juice, sugar, and cinnamon sticks.
  2. Bring it to a boil, then take it off the heat and allow it to cool.
  3. Add the liter of high proof liquor.
  4. Pour this into mason jars, put the lids on, and let it mellow out. You could drink it right away, but it does get better after a couple of weeks.
This recipe makes about 9 quarts of apple pie moonshine. You could easily cut this recipe in half if that is too much.
Warning! Apple pie moonshine will sneak up on you! This stuff is so smooth and tasty. Use with CAUTION!
Do you need to seal the jars or just screw the lids on?

LivinOrange25

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Sep 5, 2012
Here is a pretty good thread with some chili recipes.
http://www.orangepower.com/threads/the-chili-thread.75104/

Since this thread I have found that for me, I like to have a bowl of beans separate on the side for those folks that like that sort of thing. Secondly, the championship recipes you find online are a different sort of chili than what I am used to (They don't use tomatoes!) Lastly, diced cooked bacon DOES make everything better!

A brief summary of my kind of chili:

In large pot...
1/2 lb trimmed, diced and cooked bacon. Then add..
2l bs ground beef. Once browned add...

1 large can crushed tomato & 1 can of petite diced tomato (drained)
1 finely dices onion & a few cloves of diced garlic

Seasoning:
2-4 Tbs Paprika
2-4 Tbs Chili Powder
Black pepper & Cayenne
Handful of brown sugar
splash of liquid smoke

Wow that sounds amazing, I definitely would like to try that out thanks!