1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Red Dead Redemption

Discussion in 'Video Games, Movies & Technology' started by zachya, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Rob B.

A/V Subscriber Rob B. Twizzard of Oz

I'm not much of a gamer, but the title is VERY appealing, I like dead red. :)
  2. Carneyman14

A/V Subscriber Carneyman14 Amazing golf ball whacker guy

I want some awesome video programmer to graduate from OSU and create a game where your pistol pete and you get to kill gooners......
  3. OP 9000

Staff A/V Subscriber OP 9000 Administrator

That line hit about 35-40 peeps. So guess the marketing was better than i thought. :)
  4. leprechaun7

leprechaun7 Cowboy

picked up a copy from the Wal Mart on 6th last night, only about 6 or 7 other people were there at midnight. You get a deck of Red Dead cards when you buy it, at least while they last.
  5. Binman4OSU

Binman4OSU Cowboy

Maybe they could get their undergrad at OSU and then hit The Guildhall at Southern Methodist University.....SMU....yeah...that SMU LOL

http://guildhall.smu.edu/

Pretty much the premier graduate Video game education program in the US.

Founded by Video Game Icons..the department is very new to SMU and they have turned out 330 grads who have worked on over 100 video games so far...if you want to make games...this is the place to go

The bio's of the faculty speak for themselves

http://guildhall.smu.edu/Faculty.15.0.html
  6. Savaritus

Savaritus Cowboy

Forget developing games, I found my new aspiration...I want to be a professor of "Game Studies".
  7. State

A/V Subscriber State Cold Ass Honkey

I preordered last night but have to wait another 11 days until I'm back from hawaii to play.
  8. OP 9000

I got about an hour and half in last night before I had to pass out for work today.

That's all it took for me to know that this game is going to be epic. Definitely a GOTY candidate.
  9. klw1042

klw1042 Wrangler

Did you get to play much multiplayer?
  10. zachya

A/V Subscriber zachya Hero of Spielburg

I hate you. I've still got to wait another twenty minutes 'til Gamestop opens... :mad:
  11. OP 9000

I have a feeling there's 60-80 hours of single player ahead of me before I even touch the multiplayer.
  12. OrangeSpidey

A/V Subscriber OrangeSpidey Einstein

My copy is sitting on my doorstep waiting for me. Can't wait 'til the end of the day!
  13. OrangeAggie

A/V Subscriber OrangeAggie Assistant to the Moderater

My roommate and another one of my best friends both graduated from the Guildhall. One of them worked on the Ghostbusters game and is currently working on the Def Jams Rap Star game.
  14. Binman4OSU

Binman4OSU Cowboy

From the info I have seen etc...the Ghostbusters game is suppose to be a pretty decent title..I've never palyed it personally..but I remember at launch it was getting 8.0-8.5 out of 10 reviews on most publications out there

Per wiki it had shipped over 1 million units by June 2009...I would say that is very successful

I'm very envious of that LOL.......My job is no where as cool as gaming..and my intense passion for gaming is basically usless in my job LOL...
  15. OrangeForever

A/V Subscriber OrangeForever I'm a GREAT guy, by the way.

Ghostbusters is definitely worth renting, but don't buy it.

The story isn't very long (I think it took me maybe three afternoons of playing to beat it), and there aren't enough online options to really make that worth your money.

Definitely a fun, good quality game - just not one with much replay value or one that's going to need very long to complete.

On another note, already logged about eight hours on Red Dead and I don't feel like I've done anything. Side missions galore, lots of exploring, minigames, etc. - it's definitely worth your money to get it.

Honestly, at this point, I'd say I like it better than any of the GTA games. Not that those aren't good too, but I kind of like this story a little better than the mafia/underworld plots in GTA, and the pacing is a lot less frenetic (thus far at least).
  16. klw1042

klw1042 Wrangler

Just purchased mine from the Best Buy on Memorial in OKC. The cashier said that their video game sales for the day were up 400%.
  17. Cozmo23

Cozmo23 Cowboy

Should be picking this up after work. Ill be livestreaming this game and many others if anyone wants to check it out.

www.justin.tv/Cozmo23 O-O
  18. t1m0thy

A/V Subscriber t1m0thy Walker told me I have AIDS

Played 9 hours last night/this morning and been playing since I woke up today. Good God this game is fantastic.
  19. CTeamPoke

A/V Subscriber CTeamPoke Wildcard

I basically played from 3pm-1am... It's addicting and I won't be getting any extra credit points from reading tomorrow, but it's an amazing game. So well made. I love it.
  20. Carneyman14

A/V Subscriber Carneyman14 Amazing golf ball whacker guy

I need to get this game