Rex Tillerson speaks out on Trump

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
and its not good
Tillerson said Trump is “pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read” and repeatedly attempted to do illegal things. He didn’t call Trump a “moron,” but he didn’t exactly suggest that Trump was a scholar — or even just a steady leader.
“What was challenging for me coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented ExxonMobil corporation,” Tillerson said, was “to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, ‘This is what I believe.’ ”

“He acts on his instincts; in some respects, that looks like impulsiveness,” Tillerson said. “But it’s not his intent to act on impulse. I think he really is trying to act on his instincts.”

“So often, the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want to do, and here’s how I want to do it,’ " Tillerson said, according to the Houston Chronicle, “and I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can’t do it that way. It violates the law.’ ”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ies-do-illegal-things/?utm_term=.4d2c8c48fd99

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Seems like a pretty accurate assessment and was part of the appeal.

He "repeatedly attempted to do illegal things" because he isn't a lifelong politician and doesn't know all the ins and outs of the law.

Acts on instinct, which could appear impulsive....people wanted someone who could make a quick decision and go 100% in.

Again, I think that his criticisms are the reason for Trump's appeal.

Jul 20, 2018
and its not good
Tillerson said Trump is “pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read” and repeatedly attempted to do illegal things. He didn’t call Trump a “moron,” but he didn’t exactly suggest that Trump was a scholar — or even just a steady leader.
“What was challenging for me coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented ExxonMobil corporation,” Tillerson said, was “to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, ‘This is what I believe.’ ”

“He acts on his instincts; in some respects, that looks like impulsiveness,” Tillerson said. “But it’s not his intent to act on impulse. I think he really is trying to act on his instincts.”

“So often, the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want to do, and here’s how I want to do it,’ " Tillerson said, according to the Houston Chronicle, “and I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can’t do it that way. It violates the law.’ ”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ies-do-illegal-things/?utm_term=.4d2c8c48fd99
I don't see anything wrong with what he said. Who cares if Trump doesn't want to get into the weeds on subjects? Tillerson was an engineer and that's what engineers do. Someone has to provide overall guidance.

I honestly don't understand why people have to be so whiney when they get replaced in a job. Just move and quit acting like a crybaby.

Nov 6, 2010
I wish he would just have stopped at Pompeo is doing a good job and left off the insult but he isn't wired that way.
Exactly, which is why so many of us can't stand him. He is a child emotionally, which is so far beneath the office he holds it is frightening. It speaks to bigger flaws in his competence and psyche, but that's conjecture, as it is difficult to tell how much of it is real and how much of it is playing to his idiotic base.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Sadly, I think you might be correct, although the clouds are certainly gathering. If the economy tanks, it's over for him. He has too slim a margin and has made too many enemies to survive a bad economy, no matter how weak the Dem nominee ends up being.
A recession is slated for 2020. Just in time for re-election campaigning...

Jul 20, 2018
LOL, I don't think Tillerson gives two shits what Trump says about him. It's those of us who he represents that care.
If he didn't care what Trump thinks about him, why did he take the time to voice his opinion of Trump?

Trump's action to replace Tillerson with Pompeo has paid off quite well.