Road ends here. Go Pokes beat UO

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NinjaPoke

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
I can not believe it...I really can't. Refs allowed UO to get that first down even though TCU clearly stopped them. I do not understand. Baylor couldn't do it, TCU got screwed......it's time to send in the Cowboys. GO POKES BEAT UO

Current Big 12 Standings as of Saturday, November 23rd after UO vs TCU

#1 UO (7-1) W:TTU, KU, TX, WVU, ISU,BU,TCU L:KSU Remaning:OSU
#2 BU (7-1) W:ISU, KSU, TTU, OSU, WVU, TCU,TX L: UO Remaining:KU
#3T OSU (5-3) W: KSU, ISU, TCU,KU,WVU L:TX,TTU,BU Remaining: UO
#3T ISU (5-3) W:TCU,WVU,TTU,TX,KU L:BU,OSU,OU Remaining:KSU
#4T TX (4-4) W:OSU, WVU, KU, KSU L:UO,TCU,ISU,BU Remaining:TT
#4T KSU (4-4) W:TCU,UO,KU,TTU L:OSU,BU,TX,WVU Remaning:ISU
#4T TCU (3-5) W:KU,TX,TTU L:ISU,KSU,OSU,BU,OU Remaining:WVU
#8 TTU(2-6) W: OSU,WVU L:UO,BU, ISU, KU,TCU,KSU Remaining:KSU, TX
#9 WVU (2-6) W: KU,KSU L:TX,ISU,UO,BU,TTU,OSU Remaining:TCU
#10 KU (1-7) W: TTU L:WVU,TCU,UO,TX,KSU,OSU,ISU Remaining:BU

Last edited:

OctaviusRexLTH

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
I just hate Baylor University too much to ever root for any sort of success for them. Matt Rhule seems like a good guy, and no disrespect to their current players, and fans/alumni, but the institution itself deserves no success. That’s really the only Big 12 team I always root against, under any circumstance. (And it makes it worse to have to cheer for OU over them...ughhh)

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Below are the current Big 12 Standings; however, there are only two games we need to focus on for this weekend:
Baylor plays UO on Saturday at 6:30PM. OSU fans NEED Baylor to win all their remaining regular season games including tonight's game against UO. Why? If Baylor beats UO, UO will have two loses in the conference and will most likely beat TCU the week after which will be a (5-3)OSU vs (6-2)UO Bedlam match on the 30th of the last week of the regular season (that is if we take care of business for KU and WVU). There's still one problem, though. OSU will not be in 2nd place for the Big 12 unless....

(3-3)ISU vs (4-2)TX Saturday at 2:30PM. OSU fans NEED ISU to beat Texas today. If ISU beats TX, TX will now have 3 loses in the Big 12 and remember how we need Baylor to win out? Texas plays Baylor the week after ISU and if they lose to Baylor then they will have 4 loses which means the standings on November 30th...

#1 BU (8-0) if they beat UO, TX
#2 UO (6-2) if they lose to BU and beat TCU
#3 OSU (5-3) if we win KU, WVU
#4T ISU (5-3) if they beat TX, KU
#4T KSU (5-3)....
#6 Texas (4-4) if they lose to ISU, BU
#7-10 ....

Which means the Bedlam game will be for a spot for the #2 to go to the Big 12 Championship game.

After looking at all the numbers and chances, this is the best and most likely way that OSU can make the Big 12 title game. Is this going to happen? Probably not. I am not sure if BU can beat OU. I do however see ISU beating Texas and Baylor beating Texas. And let's not forget about the elephant in the room...can OSU beat UO? Of course we can but will we? 2010, 2012, 2013,2016,2017 & 2018 proves that we can hang.

Thoughts?

BU vs OU will be on ABC @6:30 UO favored by 10.5
ISU vs TX will be on FS1 @2:30 ISU favored by 7
And of course, OSU vs KU FS1 @11 good guys by 3 scores

Current Big 12 Standings as of Friday, November 15th.
#1 BU (6-0) W:ISU, KSU, TTU, OSU, WVU, TCU L: No Loses. Remaining:UO, TX, KU
#2 UO (5-1) W:TTU, KU, TX, WVU, ISU L:KSU Remaning: BU, TCU, OSU
#3 TX (4-2) W:OSU, WVU, KU, KSU L:UO, TCU Remaining:ISU, BU, TT
#4T OSU (3-3) W: KSU, ISU, TCU L:TX,TTU,BU Remaining: KU, WVU, UO
#4T ISU (3-3) W:TCU,WVU,TTU L:BU,OSU,OU Remaining:TX,KU,KSU
#4T KSU (3-3) W:TCU,UO,KU L:OSU,BU,TX Remaning:WVU.TTU,ISU
#7T TCU (2-4) W:KU,TX L:ISU,KSU,OSU,BU Remaining:TTU,UO,WVU
#7T TTU(2-4) W: OSU, WVU L:UO,BU, ISU, KU Remaining: TCU, KSU, TX
#9 WVU (1-5) W: KU L:TX,ISU,UO,BU,TTU Remaining: KSU,OSU,TCU
#10 KU (1-5) W: TTU L:WVU,TCU,UO,TX,KSU Remaining: OSU,ISU, BU
I love the optimism and will be rooting for Bu to smash OU but the reality is they are not that good. The phrase it’s better to be lucky than good applies to them. Unfortunately they have a target on their back and will run head first into a buzzsaw this evening.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Also think this is very likely not going to happen but at least it gives me some more rooting interest in other games. Makes things a bit more interesting.

Alternative scenario that gets extremely complicated. Best not to hope for this one.

If OSU, OU, and Texas all have 3 loses. Then, I can really only find 1 way OSU wins that tie breaker.

Comparative record against the highest team in the standings becomes the tie breaker after records against each other, which would all be 1-1.

If either Texas or OU beats Baylor, then they win the tie breaker. If they both lose to Baylor and Texas beats ISU and Tech, then OSU’s only path to winning the tie breaker is if TCU finishes higher than KSU to eliminate Texas from the 3 way tie and go head to head with OU. Tech being the tie breaker eliminates OSU. KSU being the tie breaker eliminates OU and Texas then beats OSU head to head. They would all have beaten ISU, KU, and WVU so nothing matters there.

Which means TCU has to finish with 5 losses and KSU has to lose out and finish with 6 losses. If TCU beats OU and wins out to finish with 4 losses then Texas beats OSU head to head unless they lose to Tech and also finish behind OSU.

So, literally the only 2 paths for OSU to the title game that I can find are as follows...

OU loses to Baylor or TCU.
Texas finishes with 4 losses, losing to 2 of ISU, Baylor, and Tech.
OSU wins out.

OU loses to Baylor.
Texas loses to Baylor and beats ISU and Tech.
TCU loses to OU and beats Tech and WVU.
KSU loses to WVU, Tech, and ISU.

Best to hope for the first one! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 14, 2006
I just hate Baylor University too much to ever root for any sort of success for them. Matt Rhule seems like a good guy, and no disrespect to their current players, and fans/alumni, but the institution itself deserves no success. That’s really the only Big 12 team I always root against, under any circumstance. (And it makes it worse to have to cheer for OU over them...ughhh)
I typically agree, but I'd sure love to kick their tails in the big 12 title game. They'd be dreaming if the playoff and we'd send them back to reality.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
I think just 4 games matter now:
- Baylor over OU
- Baylor over Texas
- OSU over West Virgina
- OSU over OU

If those four games happen, I think it is Baylor vs OSU for the Big-12 Title!

Real chance that a Big-12 title game spot will be waiting for the winner of Bedlam?

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
I think just 4 games matter now:
- Baylor over OU
- Baylor over Texas
- OSU over West Virgina
- OSU over OU

If those four games happen, I think it is Baylor vs OSU for the Big-12 Title!
It's still in the 1st half in Waco but your first part is coming together...BU 21...UO 3...and the Jalen Hurts TO machine rolls on...

ETA: Hurts throws an INT and BU cashes in...again...BU 28...UO 3...and I can't slap this grin off my face...:D

ETA (late in the 4Q): UO overcomes earlier turnovers to tie it up at 31 each. Momentum now favoring UO...:runaway:

ETA (FINAL): And then the UO defense delivers some Sooner Magic with an INT to stop a BU drive after UO took the lead with a FG. Now being treated to the UO Band regaling all and sundry with the one tune they know...

Time for a new scenario...

Last edited:

NinjaPoke

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
It was a close battle against WVU, but we took care of buisness today. Baylor playing Texas is on right now. It would be nice if Baylor won but wouldn't really matter; however, TCU....as fans, we want them to beat OU. Go horned frogs