1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Robert Allen Book About Championship Season

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by blt_26, Jun 22, 2012.

1. O-St8

O-St8 Orange is power. A/V Subscriber

Awesome. This will join my collection for sure. It will be cool to remember all of the moments mentioned in the book from my perspective in section 319 row 26 seat 15. Go Pokes.

2. OSUMIKE17

OSUMIKE17 Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com A/V Subscriber

3. lagershead

lagershead Sheriff

two things:

1) see below. HOORAY!
    2) seel last line below. Would this Mr. Mason be someone an OSU would know (and love)?

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing today to inform you that your order for More Than a Championship: the 2011 Oklahoma State Cowboys shipped on August 2, 2012.

Thank you for purchasing your copy through the Museum Store and supporting the programs of the Oklahoma Heritage Association with your purchase.

If you have any questions or concerns please call me at any time.

Sincerely.
    Brenda Schwartz
    Director of Museum Services
    Oklahoma Heritage Association/ Gaylord-Pickens Oklahoma Hertitage Museum
    405.235.4458-general
    405.235.2714- fax
    bbs@oklahomaheritage.com

Join us Friday, August 3 from 6 – 8 p.m. for the opening reception of Generation Next: Chapter Two by Desmond Mason.

4. Corycowboy

Corycowboy Cowboy

Where can I find this in OKC?

5. lagershead

lagershead Sheriff

RA's "where to buy" is posted above in this thread.

6. BeatOU

BeatOU GGBTW Staff A/V Subscriber

Well of course it is. Do you know of any other acclaimed artists named Desmond Mason that the Oklahoma Heritage Museum would be advertising for?

7. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Sheriff

Just placed my order through the Heritage. Can't freakin wait.

8. CowboyMatt1976

CowboyMatt1976 Greenhorn

Championship season? A conference championship won without a championship game is book worthy? A conference championship period is worthy of a book? Hilarious

9. pokealum00

pokealum00 Deputy

I keel you.

10. blt_26

blt_26 Deputy

Also, Fiesta Bowl Championship. And if you really looked into the title of the book, you might find it is about "more" than a championship. Like players showing character and playing through the adversity of a coach losing his wife and a plane crash tragedy that shook the university on a gameday.

11. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Federal Marshal

Most of the book is about what went on behind the scenes of a season that included a Big 12 and Fiesta Bowl Championship. Stuff like Justin Blackmon's relationship with a 10 year old cancer survivor, how the team took care of a coach after he lost his wife and how the team bounced back after a loss the same day 4 Cowboys were killed in a plane crash. So "book worthy"? Anybody who knows anything about what it's like to be a member of the OSU family would say YES. And based on your two idiotic posts on this board, I'd say it's obvious that you know nothing about that.

But I'm glad you find it so funny.

12. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Sheriff

Welcome to the board CowboyMatt. If you are born in '76 and have suffered all the heartbreak we all have had before last year, it's a surprise that we're not chipping in for a documentary or movie to be released by Fox Studios.

Oh, and another post like that and we will all be bidding you farewell.

Orange_Blooded likes this.
  13. BeatOU

The Big XII championship game was a joke. I'd much rather win the championship by playing every team in the conference on the field and coming out on top.

Putting the best team of the south vs the best team in the north rarely resulted in the two best teams playing for the championship.

14. StillwaterMan

StillwaterMan Beers and loud noises A/V Subscriber

I agree, but if we had to that extra game we probably would have squeeked bama out.

15. BeatOU

But... Your side of this doesn't make sense. Honestly.

Look, you take care of business on Nov 18 against a significantly inferior team and "squeaking bama out" would not have even been necessary.

What you're saying is in no way a solid argument for resurrecting the ridiculous game we used to have that we called the Big XII championship game that pitted North vs South.

16. NotOnTV

NotOnTV Sheriff

Wow...didn't take you long to show your backside. Good luck with that.

17. StillwaterMan

StillwaterMan Beers and loud noises A/V Subscriber

We will never know for sure. It had been discussed before last season began that the lack of that extra game/win could cost a Big 12 team a championship bid. At 13-1 we would have had a better record than Bama, and that additional win would have prepelled OSU ahead of Bama in the two computer polls that very slightly favored Bama. If OSU took all 6 of the computer polls in lieu of 4 that most likely would have put OSU on top on the final day. The extra exposure and win could have also earned us some more brownie points with the voters. In short, as close as it was, I dont see how it would have done anything but helped our cause. As it sits I see no reason to change the round robbin system. Win the Big 12 in your in the final four when that comes to reality in 2014.

18. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Federal Marshal

Just finished it. Great book. Every bit as good as Cowboy Up.

It's about so much more than the games and championship we won in 2011. Really make you appreciate the work that everybody at OSU does.

19. snuffy

snuffy Deep Thoughts. Staff A/V Subscriber

[​IMG]

BeatOU likes this.
  20. PokeSpinMD

PokeSpinMD Alpha Mike Foxtrot A/V Subscriber

"Josh says, Rashaun is still open..." - Larry Reece.

Orange_Blooded likes this.