Sagan's Predictions From 1995 Astonishingly True Today

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
Townie is you a science test, what do think about them farts causing the climate to change? Do they make it cooler or warmed, wet or dry, wind blow more or less. What is your best guess as a science test.

Nov 23, 2010
Townie is you a science test, what do think about them farts causing the climate to change? Do they make it cooler or warmed, wet or dry, wind blow more or less. What is your best guess as a science test.
I can't decide if I hope this account is real or a sock.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
How about we bemoan a time in America where people went to public hangings like a day at the fair, or stoned people because we thought they were witches? Maybe we could talk about the stupidity of the average person when Charlie's Angels, Three's Company, or Mr. Ed were highly rated TV shows. How about a time when people were freaking out because a silly radio show told a story of Martians invading.

If we are living in such a Idiocracy, who is advancing technology to the point where I can sit in my living room and ask Google questions and see pics taken from a rover on the surface of Mars?

I like Carl Sagan, but I remember in the 80's he gave us about a 50% chance of surviving as a species for another generation. Also, that was a run on sentence Robert Allen would envy.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
How about we bemoan a time in America where people went to public hangings like a day at the fair, or stoned people because we thought they were witches? Maybe we could talk about the stupidity of the average person when Charlie's Angels, Three's Company, or Mr. Ed were highly rated TV shows. How about a time when people were freaking out because a silly radio show told a story of Martians invading.

If we are living in such a Idiocracy, who is advancing technology to the point where I can sit in my living room and ask Google questions and see pics taken from a rover on the surface of Mars?

I like Carl Sagan, but I remember in the 80's he gave us about a 50% chance of surviving as a species for another generation. Also, that was a run on sentence Robert Allen would envy.
I’ll take “Charlie's Angels, Three's Company, or Mr. Ed” over “This is Us, A Million Little Things, Dancing with the Stars” or any number of other vomit-inducing shows on the networks these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I’ll take “Charlie's Angels, Three's Company, or Mr. Ed” over “This is Us, A Million Little Things, Dancing with the Stars” or any number of other vomit-inducing shows on the networks these days.

If it wasn't for sports and reruns, I'd have no reason to have a TV at all. Those two things and local weather are the only things I ever tune in to the networks to see.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

If it wasn't for sports and reruns, I'd have no reason to have a TV at all. Those two things and local weather are the only things I ever tune in to the networks to see.
My exact TV watching agenda