1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Santorum - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'World News & Politics' started by OSU_CC, Jan 4, 2012.

1. StillwaterTownie

StillwaterTownie Territorial Marshal

WRONG. Foster was released on parole in 2001 after his arrest in late 1995. So he had to stay considerably longer in prison than one year. Some people speculate that Foster would have been released sooner had Gov. Keating not been under consideration as a vice president candidate.

That a paraplegic and a good family man would be sentenced to such long sentences over marijuana should have shocked the conscious of the people of Oklahoma that marijuana laws were in severe need of reform. But it far from did so, considering how last year that a law was passed making the manufacturing of hashish subject to as much as life in prison. But have Oklahoma law makers done something about it, so I won't have to be offended about reading in the paper one more time that a child molester only got a year or two in prison? I don't think so. Gee, having intense apathy over an issue is such a cruel thing.

2. OrangeAggie

OrangeAggie Assistant to the Moderater A/V Subscriber

The paraplegic as I understand got a ridiculous jury, and the judge intervened to reduce the sentence to a maximum of 10 years.

You're obviously very passionate about marijuana. I'm personally in favor of legalizing it (and taxing the hell out of it), but honestly, we as a country have so many other issues to deal that currently have greater importance. The bottom line is, marijuana is currently an illegal drug. Don't break the law and you won't have to risk getting an unfair punishment.

3. PlatypusJojo

PlatypusJojo Mysterious as the dark side of the moon A/V Subscriber

Dear lord. Another thread turned into an argument about marijuana.....

4. bleedinorange

bleedinorange Territorial Marshal

Heh. Townie's a one toke...er...trick pony. ;)

5. OrangeFan69

OrangeFan69 Tyreek Hill is my spirit animal A/V Subscriber

Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
    Rick Santorum is an unapologetic panderer to the religious right. And as an educated Christian, I find him offensive.

As a comedian, he strikes me like an African American performer doing bits about the way Black People and White People dance differently.

But yes, I do like him, because he's such an easy target.

6. StillwaterTownie

StillwaterTownie Territorial Marshal

Would you much prefer another thread turned into homosexuals and their rights or lack of?

7. PlatypusJojo

PlatypusJojo Mysterious as the dark side of the moon A/V Subscriber

Actually yes. I would prefer that over marijuana.