Scared rich people

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
The camera person was awful. The moment when things seemed to escalate, I cannot see wtf is going on. Did the car try to back up into the mother and daughter or did they attack the car first?
Exactly.

Truth is you run up on people calling them racist and berating them will end this way. Thank God they didn't fire, but we don't have the benefit of anyone bumping anyone. The gun didn't come out until violence was threatened and they impeded their ability to leave.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Exactly.

Truth is you run up on people calling them racist and berating them will end this way. Thank God they didn't fire, but we don't have the benefit of anyone bumping anyone. The gun didn't come out until violence was threatened and they impeded their ability to leave.
Yeah. That tweet was crap. The Karen was not allowing the people to leave and filming it.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The camera person was awful. The moment when things seemed to escalate, I cannot see wtf is going on. Did the car try to back up into the mother and daughter or did they attack the car first?
It sounds like 2 people who have no idea how to interact in a civilized society.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Exactly.

all of this over someone bumping into someone else when they exited a store.

Dear God I wonder how they settle such Huge grievances in countries without guns.

Why in the blind hell this escalated to a gun is just beyond ignorant for all parties involved.

Can no one give a real apology and someone accept an apology in today's world?

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater

Dear God I wonder how they settle such Huge grievances in countries without guns.

Why in the blind hell this escalated to a gun is just beyond ignorant for all parties involved.

People are scared. That lady tried talking, wouldn't let her. She tried explaining, they wouldn't let her. She tried leaving, they wouldn't let her. Her and her husband were physically threatened, and then they tried to block her car in.

They got their phone out to record and continued to escalate. They threatened violence. Either way this goes, they get a pass cause racism:rolleyes:. Maybe she shouldn't pull a gun, but as previously stated on another post not everyone is taking an ass beating for your cause.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Exactly.

Yeah, I really cannot tell what happened other than the mother and daughter overreacted and made wild accusations. They got in the way of the car at times.

Then either they decided to kick/hit the car, or the car tried to back up over them and they tried kicking the car back.

Then the lady gets out of the car and draws a gun, instead of just leave, so she then over-reacted. The difference is that she pulled a gun in a non-deadly situation and clearly went overboard.

I don't think the behavior can be excused either way. Some people suck.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Yeah, I really cannot tell what happened other than the mother and daughter overreacted and made wild accusations. They got in the way of the car at times.

Then either they decided to kick/hit the car, or the car tried to back up over them and they tried kicking the car back.

Then the lady gets out of the car and draws a gun, instead of just leave, so she then over-reacted. The difference is that she pulled a gun in a non-deadly situation and clearly went overboard.

Totally agree.

Newsflash, sometimes it isn't racism at all. Sometimes you're just a prick and people don't like you.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK

How the hell would you know if it's a non deadly situation. The crazy Karen hitting the car and blocking them could have been armed and was doing the crap to incite violence. There is no way to know if some crazy is armed or not until it's to late.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
How the hell would you know if it's a non deadly situation. The crazy Karen hitting the car and blocking them could have been armed and was doing the crap to incite violence. There is no way to know if some crazy is armed or not until it's to late.
You just like being wrong, don't you?

At that point they could have just driven off, instead of escalate the situation further. Its pretty damn simple.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Totally agree.

Newsflash, sometimes it isn't racism at all. Sometimes you're just a prick and people don't like you.
Yeah, we have to be careful of "racism of the gaps" which is when anything negative is blamed on racism without evidence. There is plenty of real racism out there, we don't need to conflate it with things that are caused by something else.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
You just like being wrong, don't you?

At that point they could have just driven off, instead of escalate the situation further. Its pretty damn simple.
Pay the thousands of dollars in body damage to fix the car themselves cause a crazy Karen is kicking the shit out of their car. Sounds like a plan.

If I ever decide to start kicking dents in a car I'll make sure it's yours cause I know you'll just leave and I won't be footing the bill.

Mar 11, 2006
Yeah, we have to be careful of "racism of the gaps" which is when anything negative is blamed on racism without evidence. There is plenty of real racism out there, we don't need to conflate it with things that are caused by something else.
The demand for racism outpaces the supply.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Agreed. It's the same crap with political hacks calling everyone they disagree with Hitler. All you are doing is watering down the real deal.

I'm not in favor of racism whatsoever. To some extent it has always baffled me. I'm white, except my 2% North African genes, but mostly I'm really really white. I don't stand for it.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK

Maybe you shouldn't lose your shit and harass someone on camera calling them racists who's just trying to get away from the situation (and your crazy ass) because they BUMPED INTO YOU leaving a business? This lady (white) was clearly stressed out by the situation and felt threatened (that should be painfully obvious just by the look on her face) and yes she certainly overreacted by pulling a gun out but the mom and daughter aren't even REMOTELY innocent in this. She just wanted to leave and when she was FINALLY able to get to her car she even tried to apologize only to be screamed at then the mom got behind their car to keep them from leaving. This mom and daughter just kept throwing rocks at a hornets nest then cried victim and racism when they thought they were about to get stung... Give me a effing break...

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas

The mom was bashing the car in trying to do damage and other violence while not allowing them to leave. Was it likely an overreaction, possibly, but if someone is leaving you have zero right to block their vehicle and attempt to damage their property. The mom and her daughter were in the wrong 100000%

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Pulling a gun should be a last resort. I keep going back to this, pulling a gun and not shooting is going to lead to getting a gun pulled on you and getting shot. Too many untrained people with guns. If you fear for your life then you should shoot. If not you are going to jail.