Schools with the most true road wins vs P5/BCS since 2010

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

JimmytheGreek

Banned
Banned
Sep 20, 2017
Texas
Without question they probably would. OU hasn't lost a true road game in conference in a long time.
Because our coaches choke up.......

2010 They were fortunate Blackmon was playing injured

2011 we dominated

2013 Big choke job

2015 We got whipped. Didn’t help coaches forces an injured QB to play which put us in a hole early. Poor coaching

2017. Great game but we choked on last possession

To boot.....

2012 we should have won on road

2014 They choked and we won. Thanks Tyreek. Gundy goes on to show his ethics by booting Hill off team when we know Not many other coaches would.

2016 Gundy folded up like a cheap tent

Any other HC would have won more than the 2 games since 2010. The guy plays scared. And it’s pathetic.

Just watched the ‘11 A&M game in College Station. That’s the HC we need. We also had a great OC that just killed them in the 3rd qtr. We were a machine on O but the D played great as well in the 2nd half as well.

But then we decide to get rid of the DC because Gundy discriminates and we have paid for it ever since then.

Edit...I figure the more trash I talk the more likely it will come back to bite me. I really think the new DC will make a huge difference this year and think we have a great shot at adding a lot of Ws to the road Wins total. This is the type of team where we could pull one off again on Norman if the D steps up. We will see.......

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2013
Having the RRR in Dallas is a huge advantage for OU and Texas. When one of them has a strong team, they don't have to go on the road and risk losing to a lesser team. Doesn't always work. But I think over all... it helps them.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
A very nice place on a vice nice list! Love the fact we have become a very good road team...just can't lose those home games when it matters.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Having the RRR in Dallas is a huge advantage for OU and Texas. When one of them has a strong team, they don't have to go on the road and risk losing to a lesser team. Doesn't always work. But I think over all... it helps them.
Meh. That advantage is a wash IMO. Because every other year each team has to play a 'home' game in dallas and miss on all the benefits of a home game against their biggest rival. But sure every other year instead of going to an away game in a hostile environment it's probably easier to deal with dallas instead.