Scotch

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
Currently I have a Lagavulin Distillers edition, Caol Ila Stitchel Rsv. and a Glenlevit 15 French Oak (the one that started it all)

Looking to add Laphroiag, Ardbeg, and probably another Balvenie or a wildcard soon. Depending on x-mas gift

Jul 15, 2010
Dallas and Istanbul
Glenlivet "The French Oak Reserve" 15 yr.
Glenmorangie "The Lasanta" 12 yr.
Macallan 18 Yr.
Just got gifted these from a great friend I took deer hunting this year out in west Texas. what a friend!
Going to be a great Christmas. Also got an assortment of cigars from another. Life is good. Sometimes life is real good.

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
Just finished a bottle of this. Very unique, among Islay Scotches. Lacks the heavy peat, though I always keep Lagavulin on hand. Very smooth, rich and viscous, toffee, leather, sherried nuts, and salt. Very interesting and very good.

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Anyone try Monkey Shoulder? It's blend, I paid 35 bucks for it last weekend...pretty great for that price!
I am bringing this thread back. I got a bottle of Monkey Shoulder about a week ago. About 1/2 way through and I agree it is just a really drinkable scotch for the price. Once I am through with this bottle i am going to move up a little bit more on the complicated scale.

I buy Monkey Shoulder by the case (online)! It's tough to find in Edmond, as most stores only get 2-3 bottles and it sells quick. For the price, it is tough to beat. And its one that everyone likes, so it's great to have around the house for scotch and cigars with friends. I asked Oak Tree to start carrying it for me, now everyone else is starting to drink it and they run out. :angry:

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I buy Monkey Shoulder by the case (online)! It's tough to find in Edmond, as most stores only get 2-3 bottles and it sells quick. For the price, it is tough to beat. And its one that everyone likes, so it's great to have around the house for scotch and cigars with friends. I asked Oak Tree to start carrying it for me, now everyone else is starting to drink it and they run out. :angry:
Buying it by the case actually isn't such a bad idea since it is a blended scotch and I think the blend varies from batch to batch depending on what is available. If you like the batch makes sense to buy the case.

Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
Monkey Shoulder is a great Scotch. I keep some in my bar. I was given a "Taster's Club Scotch of the Month" membership and have been getting some outstanding single malts. Check out Polly's Casks, Old Particular 13 (if you can find it) and Kilchoman. Polly's Casks is aged in used beer barrels and is excellent. Old Particular is out of production and only existing stocks will be available. I've been real impressed with the quality of all I've received from the "Taster's Club". It was a great bday gift.