Season predictions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Highlight of game was the kid in the stands dressed like Gundy, he nailed it. I knew UT was going to win and put the Big 12 Championship up for grabs. Fun game to watch.
You didn’t know sh!t. Otherwise, you would’ve shown up before hand. It took your horns 5 TOs and they still damn near lost.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
You guys were crowning yourselves awfully early and considered Oklahoma dead in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. We were enjoying haven’t not lost. Don’t act like you don’t enjoy success along the way. Not once have you remained silent in a successful season only to celebrate at the end of the season.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Excuses aside, what are OU's real problems, @TypicalGooner? I mean.. Rattler folds under pressure and doesn't appear to be a strong leader. But outside of Drake Stoops, Rattler is the best player on the O. He just needs more help because Drake Stoops can only do so much. I'm curious to know what the hell happened to the OL? Butterbaugh had a good run of OLs going and you, yourself, said you scout team OL could start for a lot of schools. And what about RBs? I questioned to the loss of Brooks when he decided to quit, but you and Toke both said OU would be fine and maybe even better off without him. What about the WRs? I thought you had recruited so well there, but then you had to take some no name Marshall transfer in order to compete until he got hurt and Drake Stoops became MVP of the O.

It's like OU's offense just followed the defense right off the cliff they plunged from. What gives? Generally curious to know. Was it maybe the lack of reps from starting so late and not having a real covid contingency plan? I know I had mentioned concerns about that, but again.. y'all played the OU can do no wrong card.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Honestly, the lip service from you Pokes is hilarious. You have no legs to stand on. You don’t even like your own coach. Your team has zero direction. Gundy is still throwing spaghetti to a wall and hoping it sticks seventeen years later.

Hell you guys even disappeared after the first performance of the year. The only thing that brings you back is when OU loses. Which is incredibly sad that you’re more hyped by OU losing than by the prospect your own team winning.

And you don’t even see it yourself.. which is even sadder.

OU lost two games in a row for the first time in 21 years and you act like you guys won the super bowl. When OSU lost two games in a row on two different occasions in the last two years.

Keep on laughing while you can though. It’s pretty cute.

Talking big after watching that crap show. Let's examine the CURRENT situation:
1. Goons are running out the second best freshman qb in the state.
2. The goons have a cute little tendency to give up lots of points after halftime.
3. The goon kickers can't get it through the uprights, of course the Poke kicker hasn't missed this year.
4. What a crap show of turnovers.

Quit living in the past, your present is bleak but move to the present and embrace your techification.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I was just wondering if you could possibly point out where I made a prediction about those games. I don’t recall predicting the record, or the result of any particular games this season.
Oh but you did slobber all over Rattler, how did the turnover machine fare? He's not even the best freshman in the state.
Boy oh boy. Turnover machine.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Probably both. Anybody can play the LOL told you so game when they don't have the balls to do it before hand. Chicken sh!t moron. Give me the stoned and typical goons all day over that idiot.
Why can't they all be boomer?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Also.... there’s a quarterback in Oklahoma named Spencer that’s turned the ball over 23 times in the last two years. And he don’t live in Norman.

Also “Rattled” was surpassed by Sanders in the turnover margin THIS year after Sanders only played in just over two games.

WEIRD.

They're all very lucky they didnt take my bet.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Lay off the weed its making you delusional
Of all ncaa qbs with at least 50 attempts, Rattler is:

#9 in yards
#11 completion percentage
#6 yards per attempt
#7 touchdowns
#4 qb rating

And among all those metrics, he's usually the least experienced player. Perhaps the delusional one is the guy who thinks sanders is better.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor

#9 in yards
#6 yards per attempt
#7 touchdowns
#4 qb rating

And among all those metrics, he's usually the least experienced player. Perhaps the delusional one is the guy who thinks sanders is better.
Never said Sanders is better, he's a redshirt sophomore. I did say Illingworth is though.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

#9 in yards
#6 yards per attempt
#7 touchdowns
#4 qb rating

Never said Sanders is better, he's a redshirt sophomore. I did say Illingworth is though.
Too bad your coach does not agree. Illingworth has looked decent in the very little bit of playing time that he’s had. There must be a reason why your coach doesn’t think he can sustain that.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I think Illingworth will be great, but he's not game ready yet. He had a short leash against WV and was limited. Against KU, he did what anyone with a pulse would do.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Too bad your coach does not agree. Illingworth has looked decent in the very little bit of playing time that he’s had. There must be a reason why your coach doesn’t think he can sustain that.
He wasn't here in the spring or summer and our track record with true freshman QBs is not encouraging.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Do you think Illingworth is better right now or will be better?
He doesn't make near the mistakes rattler does and thats without two preseason and a spring as rattler had.
If you want to talk about that, then you have to talk about how many more opportunities for mistakes ratttler has had simply due to his advanced playing time this season. 49 total attempts for illingworth. Whoa ! And he’s only really good game game against Tulsa. again, whoa!!

We can compare the first 49 attempts by rattler and wouldn’t you know, he also had a higher completion percentage at that point too.

Whoa!

Now let’s compare the number of impressive plays each player has had.

Is there a video of Hillingworth effortlessly making this throw?

https://twitter.com/aabonnbc/status/1322716840838180865?s=21