1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Shooting mystery: Miami-Dade teen killed by a crime watch captain

Discussion in 'World News & Politics' started by kenny41, Mar 24, 2012.

1. JAYBEE

JAYBEE Sheriff

Are you saying vigilante law is ugly? Think about Zimmerman's wife who is holed up somewhere, in fear of her life, and would only testify by telephone. Yep - ugly alright.

The prosecution has a tough hill to climb, how did the Bee Gees song go: "As high as a mountain and harder to climb?"

2. kenny41

kenny41 Territorial Marshal

I think the only thing the defense could come up with to negate that is someone with a bald head is more likely to scratch his head on the ground. Even a small cut on your head can lead to a lot of bleeding, but that doesn't mean it's life threatening...

3. O-statecowboy

O-statecowboy "No, it's not a Cooper Bassett jersey." A/V Subscriber

What if you chased and backed that person into a corner? Aimed a gun at them and told them not to move and did absolutely nothing wrong? At what point do you get to defend yourself from being "stalked, preyed-upon, chased, and cornered."

At the end of the day. If TM was my Son and was targeted, chased, followed, backed into a corner... Whatever you wanna call. I would hope in a life or death situation my Son went out WITH a fight...

4. OP 9000

OP 9000 Administrator Staff A/V Subscriber

Except O-State... everything you just said is opinion and speculation on what 'might' have happened. I have seen no police statements or eye witnesses that say any of that actually happened.

In fact, I haven't seen anywhere that Zimmerman drew his gun at ANY point prior to the shooting. It's a little reckless to be throwing things around like that as facts.

5. OP 9000

Whether it's actually life threatening doesn't matter. But I agree with you that this will be interesting in court... the law states that you just have to fear for your life. So it will be interesting what the jury finds reasonable in that regards. Some people fear for their life when they see a snake. If I throw a snake on someone and they shoot me... was it in self defense?

Will be interesting. But IMO, with those photos... it's at least reasonable that he could have been afraid he was going to die.

Keeping in mind that during a fight, you're not exactly thinking clearly. Adrenaline is pumping. You're not going to sit there and take the time to logically think out your actions. You're in instinct mode at that point.

rideemcowboys likes this.
  6. Roman Craig

Roman Craig Race Ya Home! A/V Subscriber

Reasonable doubt.

bleedinorange and rideemcowboys like this.
  7. PokealypseNow

PokealypseNow Territorial Marshal

Hitting "Like" seems so wrong in this context if you know what I mean, but I'm afraid you're probably correct.

Not to sound like a fearmonger, but if I was living in Florida (or hell, maybe anywhere with a large, urban, African American population at this point) and had a CCW, when/if he gets acquitted, I'd be extra careful.

And if I was Zimmerman, you sure as hell better believe I'd want to find a way to get armed security. He gets cut loose and I'd worry that he'd have a target on the back of his head.

Maybe that's pessimistic alarmism, though, I don't know. Still my gut reaction.

8. Roman Craig

Roman Craig Race Ya Home! A/V Subscriber

Speaking of this, when is the trial. I'll be in Florida in June.

9. RxCowboy

RxCowboy Has no Rx for his orange obsession. A/V Subscriber

I'll say one other thing, it looks to me as if the police did their job carefully and seriously.

10. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 Sheriff

Why would you think otherwise? ... oh wait...

11. rideemcowboys

rideemcowboys Deputy

Why is any of this racial?

That is the part I still don't understand.

And what the hell is a white-Hispanic???

Is Obama the first white-African-American President?

The way this (and many other issues) has all been treated seems like further evidence to me of an agenda to Balkanize the United States.

12. RxCowboy

RxCowboy Has no Rx for his orange obsession. A/V Subscriber

It is a way of forcing to fit the context for the race baiters.

13. OP 9000

FWIW, I think they've recently tried to divide hispanics in two... white and just plain hispanic. With the difference being a white hispanic is largely indistinguishable from whites. If Zimmerman said he was an Italian-American... it would be believable. Regular hispanics have darker skin... and are easily distinguished as hispanic.

And the reason for the split is specifically for racial profiling and hate crimes. But was meant to help in the defense of cases, not the prosecution.

White:
    [​IMG]

Hispanic:
    [​IMG]

White-Hispanic:
    [​IMG]

14. OP 9000

Zimmerman:
    [​IMG]

15. OP 9000

And I wish they'd quit taking pictures of me every time I take off my shirt. Annoying.

dds115, bleedinorange and zachya like this.
  16. bleedinorange

bleedinorange Territorial Marshal

[​IMG]

Submitted for your consideration. ;)

17. HeartLike_JohnStarks

HeartLike_JohnStarks Territorial Marshal

I hate their asses too, but if you think that is the sole reason, that is ignorance. They certainly do much more harm than good, but this is an obvious one-sided view. Racism exists from all sides, have existed, and will , sadly , always exist.

This further illustrates my previous point: Racial fearmongers like them have desensitized and disillusioned some faction of people's view on racism. Counter racism now viewed as racism, and believing that without it, they believe the world will be perfect with racial and cultural harmony and everything as clear and distinct as black and white (meaning there are no grey areas)

18. bleedinorange

No need to personalize here, it was just a joke with a truism implicit in its message. As a son of the south who started college in 1956, I have been witness to the ignorance of racism at a level unprecedented in modern times. I have also seen great gains made in its alleviation and have a deep dislike of those who fan racism's flames for personal gain. Like our President.

19. HeartLike_JohnStarks

HeartLike_JohnStarks Territorial Marshal

Okay my bad.

.....except what does this really have to do with the President? We can disagree all we want about his policy or some aspect of him that we dont like , but c'mon son, lets be like all of the extreme liberals who were saying the same thing about Bush.

20. bleedinorange

His comments after the Martin and Cambridge incidents were divisive and unbecoming to his office. We need less divisive dialogue in sensitive racial matters. His comments only served to inflame. (imo)

CocoCincinnati and RxCowboy like this.