Some actual News.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Involved in only one forum. This one. I do not pursue the web looking for lying crap to post in here or anywhere else. Just think people ought to deal in facts. Furthermore, if I mention a construction tool or term that you are unfamiliar with, I wouldn’t call you stupid, just uninformed. Perch of stone. Masonry Trig. Bastard hip rafter. Can’t believe anyone that’s ever been in a building wouldn’t know these terms! Lol
Now THAT'S a term I need to work into my vocabulary. I could inaccurately use the hell out of that one. "Listen here you bastard hip rafter..." :lol:

It's not the you not knowing what it was that got you piled on, it was the calling it lying crap fake news. Fake news is something intentionally misleading or misinforming parading as truth. Satire is a joke.

Last edited:

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Involved in only one forum. This one. I do not pursue the web looking for lying crap to post in here or anywhere else. Just think people ought to deal in facts. Furthermore, if I mention a construction tool or term that you are unfamiliar with, I wouldn’t call you stupid, just uninformed. Perch of stone. Masonry Trig. Bastard hip rafter. Can’t believe anyone that’s ever been in a building wouldn’t know these terms! Lol
After all that you're going to stick with "satire=lies"?

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Now THAT'S a term I need to work into my vocabulary. I could inaccurately use the hell out of that one. "Listen here you bastard hip rafter..." :lol:

It's not the you not knowing what it was that got you piled on, it was the calling it lying crap fake news. Fake news is something intentionally misleading or misinforming parading as truth. Satire is a joke.
Really? I’ve seen examples of spoofing created by AI that are hard to distinguish from the truth. It started with those commercials with dead actors promoting products. Putting words into the mouths of politicians is dangerous imo and there is nothing funny about it. It’s a dangerous lie.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Really? I’ve seen examples of spoofing created by AI that are hard to distinguish from the truth. It started with those commercials with dead actors promoting products. Putting words into the mouths of politicians is dangerous imo and there is nothing funny about it. It’s a dangerous lie.
Yup. He is.

RIP Satire.
Born 1242 BC.
Died Dec 16, 2019 AD.
Survived only by Sarcasm and Facetiousness. But the latest word is that both of these characters are on death's door as well.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
When half the nation would rather deny truth than call it a lie. When truth is called fake news. Does distributing this lying crap help or hinder our country coming together? I’m worried about our country. Putting lying words into the mouths of our political leaders is beyond dangerous imo.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Yep truth like the IG report you will deny. IG report tells us the only evidence found for Trump Russia Collusion was exculpatory. But they kept it open and pressed on to disrupt an elected official they didn't like. What were all the news sources you have been quoting saying about Trump Russia collusion other than lies and half truths now that we have the truth before us in a 500 page official report.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Yup. He is.

RIP Satire.
Born 1242 BC.
Died Dec 19, 2019 AD.
Survived only by Sarcasm and Facetiousness. But the latest word is that both of these characters are on death's door as well.
Sadly there are far too many who may believe it to be true. As I, unfamiliar with Babylon bee, believed Republicans were misrepresenting Pelosi’s actual words. Promoting lies!

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Yep truth like the IG report you will deny. IG report tells us the only evidence found for Trump Russia Collusion was exculpatory. But they kept it open and pressed on to disrupt an elected official they didn't like. What were all the news sources you have been quoting saying about Trump Russia collusion other than lies and half truths now that we have the truth before us in a 500 page official report.
Lol, you didn’t read the 400 page Mueller report but you’ve already read the 500 page IG report!

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Lol, you didn’t read the 400 page Mueller report but you’ve already read the 500 page IG report!
I went through the Mueller report. The second part of it was a sad joke quoting WAPO and NYT articles to imply Trump did something wrong. The IG report lets us know the Mueller investigation should have never happened because there was never any evidence of collusion to begin with. All the evidence found was exculpatory, what part of that don't you get.

Does it not scare the shit out of you that a 3 letter agency lied about documents to spy on a U.S. citizen and monitor a presidential campaign for a made up crime. If they are doing that to a presidential candidate what the hell are they doing to regular citizens they want to cuff and stuff. Due process and the constitution got tossed out the window to do this. If you think they are doing any less if it's you or me they are called to spy upon your crazy.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
I went through the Mueller report. The second part of it was a sad joke quoting WAPO and NYT articles to imply Trump did something wrong. The IG report lets us know the Mueller investigation should have never happened because there was never any evidence of collusion to begin with. All the evidence found was exculpatory, what part of that don't you get.

Does it not scare the shit out of you that a 3 letter agency lied about documents to spy on a U.S. citizen and monitor a presidential campaign for a made up crime. If they are doing that to a presidential candidate what the hell are they doing to regular citizens they want to cuff and stuff. Due process and the constitution got tossed out the window to do this. If you think they are doing any less if it's you or me they are called to spy upon your crazy.
Then please Mr. Wizard answer me this. Is it alright for any President to ask for foreign help to win an election? He’s done so in public. Openly!

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
When half the nation would rather deny truth than call it a lie. When truth is called fake news. Does distributing this lying crap help or hinder our country coming together? I’m worried about our country. Putting lying words into the mouths of our political leaders is beyond dangerous imo.
Be done. You're not going to win this battle. You were informed that the bee is satire and not trying to be real/fake news. You should move along and acknowledge that you've been informed and are no longer ignorant of that fact.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
1576512446921.png

It's not a satire site's fault if people are too stupid or paranoid (you seem to be the latter) to understand that it's satire.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
You may not understand the real difference between putting words in a dead politicians mouth, and in near real time putting lying words into current ones.
I got my meme in, I'm not gonna delve in to this any further trying to convince you you're wrong. Enjoy your paranoia.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Then please Mr. Wizard answer me this. Is it alright for any President to ask for foreign help to win an election? He’s done so in public. Openly!
Read article 2 of the constitution some time. It may be more important for the President to fulfill his article two obligations when a person who could potentially become president appears to be breaking corruption laws than at other times. We do not need a person like that running the country and it needs to be exposed if there is anything to it.