Some actual News.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I do not disagree. Wished I could resist striking back when struck. Wish I didn’t get mad when insulted. I guess if I do what I do not desire to do, then it is no longer I that do it, but sin which dwells within me. Wish everyone could strive for a little introspection.
I got in one of these types of fights a few years ago and I just took a break from the political board...knowing that what I try to say is likely to fall on deaf ears anyway...just realize that most of the people on this board are pretty dead set in their opinions. Many have some age on them (like me) and really that life experience has led them down their mindset path. It's not easily changed and really it's good for people to have different ideas...it's what makes things balance out. We see it in politics. The main thing, as a conservative, that scares me is that Trump may cause the left to backlash too far to the left and really set things in a downward spiral...that's always a danger when someone effectively rally's one side or the other (Trump maybe be the result of Obama...seriously). However, despite this board not showing it most of the time...I do hope that calmer heads prevail over time. I totally agree that we should make sure, as Christians, that our sin of pride doesn't get in the way of our message...which should be love and not strife with our fellow man...even those who don't accept faith. Coming from the other political side, I think that's healthy advice. No?

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
I got in one of these types of fights a few years ago and I just took a break from the political board...knowing that what I try to say is likely to fall on deaf ears anyway...just realize that most of the people on this board are pretty dead set in their opinions. Many have some age on them (like me) and really that life experience has led them down their mindset path. It's not easily changed and really it's good for people to have different ideas...it's what makes things balance out. We see it in politics. The main thing, as a conservative, that scares me is that Trump may cause the left to backlash too far to the left and really set things in a downward spiral...that's always a danger when someone effectively rally's one side or the other (Trump maybe be the result of Obama...seriously). However, despite this board not showing it most of the time...I do hope that calmer heads prevail over time. I totally agree that we should make sure, as Christians, that our sin of pride doesn't get in the way of our message...which should be love and not strife with our fellow man...even those who don't accept faith. Coming from the other political side, I think that's healthy advice. No?
Sorry to break it to you but the democrats have always been as far left as they are showing right now. Trump has just gotten them to tell the truth about it.