1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Some Christians upset with Duck Dynasty

Discussion in 'World News & Politics' started by Binman4OSU, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Binman4OSU

Binman4OSU Cowboy

The guys at Duck Dynasty announce Duck Dynasty Wines last week as a joint venture between themselves and Trinchero Family Estates winery to produce and sell a Duck Dynast Wine.

Family Ministries a faith and bible organization in Bristol TN removed the Duck Dynasty folks from speaking to a group of teens that had been planned saying the move by Duck Dynasty went against their core values and would send the wrong message to kids

People on twitter voiced their anger at Duck Dynasty saying they had lost their focus, were no longer Christians and were there for the money and wine and were fake

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...because-have-wine-deal/?cmpid=cmty_twitter_fn
  2. msq2

msq2 Cowboy

:facepalm:

Two Baptist never recognize each other in the liquor store.
  3. kaboy42

kaboy42 Cowboy

LOL... Gonna have to try a bottle of this stuff and see if it meets the muster as a Lutheran communion wine.
  4. bleedinorange

bleedinorange Wrangler

Twitter idiots and religious bigots. What a refreshing combination. :rolleyes:
    snuffy, UrbanCowboy1 and GodsPeace like this.
  5. Donnyboy

A/V Subscriber Donnyboy My crap smells like rainbows

Two seasons ago they did a show where they made wine......

Some folks if they aren't complaining they aren't happy.
    DogDoc, Darth Ryno, Stingray and 3 others like this.
  6. Birry

Birry Cowboy

Where in the Bible does it say that alcohol is bad?
    osupride97, oks10 and kaboy42 like this.
  7. GodsPeace

GodsPeace Joshua 1:9

Water to wine comes to mind.

I firmly believe that the main reason so many people are not Christians has more to do with those who claim to be than the theology of the faith.
    blt_26, State, osupride97 and 3 others like this.
  8. Binman4OSU

Binman4OSU Cowboy

I married a Luthern girl. I new I had found my church when someone asked the pastor to say blessing at our rehersal dinner and he said "Yes, but let me put my beer down first" and he had one in each hand
  9. Jonkr06

Jonkr06 Cowboy

Because Jesus never drank wine...
  10. Birry

Birry Cowboy

I'd put those people in the category of those who put stumbling blocks in front of people and leading them away from the Gospel. Romans 14 comes to mind...
  11. msq2

msq2 Cowboy

Guess he wasn't into autosarcophagy.
    PokesPeak likes this.
  12. RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber RxCowboy Has no Rx for his orange obsession.

Good night nurse. :facepalm:
  13. McKeen the Cowpoke

McKeen the Cowpoke Cowboy

Why do you always take two Baptists fishing?
  14. StillwaterTownie

StillwaterTownie Wrangler

Like the homosexuals supposedly did in the ancient past, the drunks must have caused a lot of trouble, too. And they have been hard to forgive ever since.
  15. matxdad

matxdad Cowboy

It can be bad as in Eph 5:8
    and referring to

1 Thess 5: 21
    Since many people equate alcohol with getting drunk, some other people equate alcohol with evil.

Personally, I don't drink because I don't see the need to. I can enjoy a ball game, party, etc. without feeling the need to drink alcohol. I also don't have to explain to my kids "I know I'm drinking now, but you can't drink until...". Don't have any in my house to temp them. However, as long as you are not getting drunk, then I don't see where the Bible forbids it.
  16. oks10

oks10 Cowboy

Exactly, there's a difference between having a drink and getting trashed. I like to drink beer but I've never been drunk. (Got close once, found out my out-of-state tolerance is not the same as my in-state tolerance. Ohio has some pretty strong stuff that we don't get here...)
    GodsPeace and kaboy42 like this.
  17. msq2

msq2 Cowboy

well duh, we drink watered down beer in this state, love going to florida or some other modern state and getting drinks on tap that are higher grade than 3.4.
  18. Birry

Birry Cowboy

I wonder how those verses are viewed in countries like England or Germany, where people drink wine and beer regularly. I'm not disagreeing with you - just saying that American Christian culture has really held on to the alcohol is bad theme for a long time, and most probably don't even think about it. In fact, creating such a "law" like that is almost a way to create MORE sin, as people naturally gravitate toward things they can't have.

Romans 14 is very clear when the author writes that he believes all food to be clean (trying to clear up the debate between recently converted Jews and the various gentiles that became believers in Jesus, that following Jewish customs was, perhaps, necessary for some, and for others, not important at all).
    blt_26 and msq2 like this.
  19. Alex Fenton

Alex Fenton Cowboy

Because, if the boat starts leaking out in the middle of the lake, one can help you bail it out while the other walks to shore to get help?

No, that can't be it, because the one who walks to shore is probably going to drink all the beer that was left in the truck while the other finishes off the beer you brought out in the boat.
  20. Philranger

Philranger Wrangler

One word. Puritans.
    msq2 and Birry like this.