son says Dem Keith Ellison violently assaulted his mom.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 7, 2004
Ex-girlfriend’s son says Dem Keith Ellison violently assaulted his mom. Says he has video evidence and abusive, threatening texts.
August 12, 2018 | Samantha Chang | Print Article
REPORT AD

Democratic Congressman Keith Ellison, the co-chair of the DNC, has been accused of domestic violence by the son of his alleged ex-girlfriend, Karen Monahan.
The accusations were shared by Debra Hilstrom, a Democrat member of Minnesota’s house of representatives.
Hilstrom tweeted a link to the shocking Facebook post written by Austin Monahan, who had tagged Hilstrom in the hopes of shining a spotlight on the alleged abuse his mom suffered at the hands of Ellison, the first Muslim elected to the United States Congress.

Keith Ellison posted this selfie with his alleged ex-girlfriend, Karen Monahan. (Twitter)
“This post was brought to my attention because I was tagged in this post,” Hilstrom tweeted late Saturday night. “Domestic Violence is never ok. The incidents described are troubling. I call on Keith Ellison to answer these allegations.”
Hilstrom is running against Ellison to be attorney general of Minnesota, which may be why Austin Monahan reached out to her. These skeletons in Ellison’s closet could also explain why he abruptly announced he would not seek re-election to Congress.

Debra Hilstrom

@debrahilstrom

This post was brought to my attention because I was tagged in this post. Domestic Violence is never ok. The incidents described are troubling. I call on Keith Ellison to answer these allegations.https://www.facebook.com/Aslimsed/posts/2319161644777680 …
9:17 PM - Aug 11, 2018

In the emotional Facebook post, Austin Monahan accused Ellison of assaulting, harassing, threatening, and verbally abusing his mom.
“My name is Austin Monahan and I am writing this letter on behalf of me and my brother,” Austin wrote. “My brother and I watched our mom come out of pure hell after getting out of her relationship with Keith Ellison.”

Austin continued: “In the middle of 2017, I was using my mom’s computer trying to download something and I clicked on a file, I found over 100 text and twitters messages and video almost 2 min long that showed Keith Ellison dragging my mama off the bed by her feet, screaming and calling her a “f*cking b*tch” and telling her to get the f*ck out of his house.”

Keith Ellison tweeted this photo of Karen Monahan and her son Austin in 2016.
Austin added: “The messages I found, were mixed with him consistently telling my mom he wanted her back, he missed her, he knew he f*cked up and we wished he could do things different, he would victim shaming, bully her, and threaten her if she went public.”

Karen Monahan has apparently confirmed the accusations. She tweeted that she recently shut down her Facebook account because she’s afraid of backlash.

Karen Monahan@KarenMonahan01

I shut down my facebook 2 days ago because I didn’t want my kids seeing post people were posting to me. I really can’t activate it now cause will be worse for them. My son is getting bullied on FB, DO NOT BULLY MY KIDS. tweet to me and leave them out of it
10:49 PM - Aug 11, 2018

Karen Monahan tweeted: “That was my son who posted and its true. He wouldn’t lie about his own mom.”

What's equally as sad, is that if it's not true, he still has to defend it and won't be believed. That's the society we live in.​

That was my son who posted and its true. He wouldn’t lie about his own mom
2:30 AM - Aug 12, 2018

Monahan also said she is proud of her son for standing up for her.

I am so proud of my son for his courage. But this situation impacted me. If you have anything to say, please say it me and leave him out of it. No nasty comments to him

Congressman Ellison has not yet responded to these accusations. He previously tweeted photos of himself posing with Karen Monahan. He also posted a photo of Karen with her son Austin to his Twitter account.
In a December 2017 interview with Ahmed Tharwat, host of the Arab-American TV show “Belahdan,” Karen said she is a victim of domestic violence, but did not specifically name Ellison as her abuser.
In a YouTube video, Monahan suggested that the reason why she kept quiet about the abuse was shame and fear of retaliation.
“There so much shame associated with this,” Monahan said (see video starting at 16:29). “A lot of times, it’s like, ‘I’m not going to speak out because I know I’m going to be shamed, minimized, invalidated, and isolated’…Think about the power dynamics with elected officials. They have a built-in staff that’s paid to protect them.”

If the abuse allegations against Ellison are true, they mirror similar assault accusations leveled against former New York attorney general Eric Schneiderman.
As BizPac Review previously reported, Schneiderman resigned in disgrace in May 2018 after at least four women came forward to accuse him of abusing them during violent sex romps.
Schneiderman, a high-profile Democrat, raised substantial amounts of money by hosting fundraisers for Trump-bashing leftist senators Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren.

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Two thoughts on this.

1. My first thought any time I see a story about a politician and it says something like "so and so claims to have proof of this", but the proof is not presented in the article itself, I always ask why. If you have this evidence then release it. I am skeptical anytime claims of evidence are given in lieu of the evidence itself. This has become all too common in stories about Republicans so I will hold the same standard for Democrats as well.

2. If this does turn out to be true however, you can bet there will be crickets from the mainstream media.

Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
#2,642
http://www.theamericanmirror.com/de...ice-chair-keith-ellison-of-domestic-violence/

SHOCK CLAIM: Alleged video shows DNC Keith Ellison ‘dragging my mama off bed by her feet, screaming, calling her a f*cking b*tch’
AUGUST 12, 2018
BY KYLE OLSON
A rival for Minnesota Attorney General is piling on by sharing a Facebook post that is accusing DNC Vice Chairman Keith Ellison of “domestic abuse.”

This post was brought to my attention because I was tagged in this post. Domestic Violence is never ok. The incidents described are troubling. I call on Keith Ellison to answer these allegations.https://www.facebook.com/Aslimsed/posts/2319161644777680 …
9:17 PM - Aug 11, 2018
“This post was brought to my attention because I was tagged in this post,” Debra Hilstrom tweeted this weekend.
She pointed readers to a Facebook post by Austin Monahan, who says his mother dated Ellison and it was a horrific experience.

Monahan writes:
My brother and I watched our mom come out of pure hell after getting out of her relationship with Keith Ellison. For several months we knew something wasn’t right and couldn’t figure it out. When we asked our mom if everything was ok, she told us she was dealing with some stress and would be ok.
In the middle of 2017, I was using my moms computer trying to download something and I clicked on a file, I found over 100 text and twitters messages and video almost 2 min long that showed Keith Ellison dragging my mama off the bed by her feet, screaming and calling her a “fucking bitch” and telling her to get the fuck out of his house. The messages I found, were mixed with him consistently telling my mom he wanted her back, he missed her, he knew he fucked up and we wished he could do things different, he would victim shaming, bully her, and threaten her if she went public. I text him and told him I know what you did to my mama and a few other things.

I met up with my mom that night and asked her what happened. She said nothing happened until I told her I saw a video and hell of a lot of messages saying something different. She finally talked. My brother and I were so angry and hurt for our mom. We were ready to go public but our mom begged us not to and she along with others convinced us it wasn’t in our moms best interest.
“My mom has always tried to protect me and my brother,” Monahan writes.
“She doesn’t have to protect us anymore and we aren’t letting her stand alone. When we found out our mom was planning on sharing her story, that is all we needed to hear for us to share ours and stand with our mom. You want to smear someone, try to lie about a person who didn’t do shit to deserve the ongoing emotional, physical abuse, smear me and my brother.
“I use to believe the Democrats were the ones who would stand by a person who went through this kind of abuse, now I know both Democrats and Republicans could care less when it comes to violence toward women and girls.”
“Domestic Violence is never ok,” Hilstrom tweeted. “The incidents described are troubling. I call on Keith Ellison to answer these allegations.”
So far, Ellison has not responded to the allegations.
Monahan tagged Ellison in the post to bring it to his attention.
Developing…