Sooner Magic

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
“And for my next trick, I’ll make all Championship hopes disappear in a single quarter of football.”

-Sooner Magic

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Should they just stop allowing ou in the playoffs? That’s 4 appearances and 4 embarrassments. Not one good game for ou. I didn’t think the Georgia choke embarrassment could be topped until Burreaux ran a train on Grinch.

What say ye, Big Sis? Just happy to be there? Always a bridesmaid? Wait till you have a redshirt freshman QB? Bedlam football record response?

I’d love to know.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Should they just stop allowing ou in the playoffs? That’s 4 appearances and 4 embarrassments. Not one good game for ou. I didn’t think the Georgia choke embarrassment could be topped until Burreaux ran a train on Grinch.

What say ye, Big Sis? Just happy to be there? Always a bridesmaid? Wait till you have a redshirt freshman QB? Bedlam football record response?

I’d love to know.
Today has to greatly hurt OU's chances next year when they are looking to backdoor their way into the CFP. That committee isn't going to fall for their sht again.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Today has to greatly hurt OU's chances next year when they are looking to backdoor their way into the CFP. That committee isn't going to fall for their sht again.
OU won’t have a Heisman caliber QB transfer next year. They get to experience the joys and growing pain of a RSFr.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
OU won’t have a Heisman caliber QB transfer next year. They get to experience the joys and growing pain of a RSFr.
Yeah well, they'll still probably find a way to win this crappy conference which will put them in their usual position to backdoor their way into the CFP. Riley has proven he can plug and play his QB's so I wouldn't hold my breath on a steep drop off there.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Yeah well, they'll still probably find a way to win this crappy conference which will put them in their usual position to backdoor their way into the CFP. Riley has proven he can plug and play his QB's so I wouldn't hold my breath on a steep drop off there.
Every QB he’s been studded at OU came in with quality experience. He doesn’t have that next year and he hasn’t had a first year started or freshman behind center at OU.

Not saying OU is going TJ suck, but they’ll take a step back next year and have some growing pains unless Rattler is totally ready. I don’t expect that much from freshman. He’ll take some lumps and the defense is still leaky.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Every QB he’s been studded at OU came in with quality experience. He doesn’t have that next year and he hasn’t had a first year started or freshman behind center at OU.

Not saying OU is going TJ suck, but they’ll take a step back next year and have some growing pains unless Rattler is totally ready. I don’t expect that much from freshman. He’ll take some lumps and the defense is still leaky.
This bodes well for the earlier match up next year. I'd like us to be one of the teams to give them a lump or two.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
If OU is an embarrassment to the Big 12, what’s that make OSU?

OU needs three things:

1) a QB to properly run Riley’s offense (Spencer Rattler)

2) Cohesion on the offensive line

3) Defensive depth and guys to run Grinch’s scheme. Possibly a better secondary coach and move Manning back to linebacker coach.

That’s it. 1, 2, and 3 are already on the roster.

Also... by the books, this was kind of a rebuilding year. Bet you guys wish you could win the conference and go to the playoffs in a rebuilding year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

I’d love to know.
Yeah because they totally bring up past seasons when choosing playoff positions in a current year. If that was the case, Bama wouldn’t have dropped anywhere near as far as they did.

Now you’re just being moronic.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Also... it’s ridiculously hilarious how all of you flock in to shit on OU when they lose, but can’t bring yourselves to talk any noise prior to or even defend your team after Bedlam.

Sad. Sad. Sad.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Also... it’s ridiculously hilarious how all of you flock in to shit on OU when they lose, but can’t bring yourselves to talk any noise prior to or even defend your team after Bedlam.

Sad. Sad. Sad.

No what's hilarious is that you guys just got all kinds of records broken on your asses and you're acting like we shouldn't be laughing about it. You guys got more embarrassed than the year you played USC. Nice going.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Play big opponents on the big stage. That’s the risk you take.

Meanwhile, you guys got beat by a shitty Aggie team in a no name bowl because your “offensive genius” of a head coach either doesn’t have the balls to go for a 4th down conversion or doesn’t hand the ball off to his best offensive weapon on 4th and 1.

But please... keep talking like you’re in a better position or your best days are ahead of you. You guys are at the mercy of a circus side show who’s way past his prime and can’t even claim to be the second best team in the conference anymore. At best you’re batting cleanup.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Goons give up 63 points (63!) on the national stage. Defense looks like it's playing with 6 players, offense is routed and what's the Gooner chant? "Wait till next year"! Face it and man up @TypicalGooner, Ou did not belong on the national stage with the best in the nation. They embarrassed themselves with their arrogance and false bravado beating a conference of mediocre teams (OSU included). Small fish in a big pond.

You and @Midnight Toker, take your medicine. You both deserve it. Four times a bridesmaid.

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee". Lol.

Last edited:

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
If OU is an embarrassment to the Big 12, what’s that make OSU?

OU needs three things:

1) a QB to properly run Riley’s offense (Spencer Rattler)

2) Cohesion on the offensive line

3) Defensive depth and guys to run Grinch’s scheme. Possibly a better secondary coach and move Manning back to linebacker coach.

That’s it. 1, 2, and 3 are already on the roster.

Also... by the books, this was kind of a rebuilding year. Bet you guys wish you could win the conference and go to the playoffs in a rebuilding year.

Who said ou was an embarrassment to the Big 12? All I see is a team that falls on their face in every playoff appearance. It’s a trend.

And LMAO the guy who has said for years that ou doesn’t rebuild, they reload is now calling this season a rebuild. You talk out of both sides of your mouth more than a politician.

Last edited: