1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Sooners are going to start bringing in more "character" guys.....or not

Discussion in 'Bedlam & Flame' started by JoshOSU420, Mar 12, 2012.

1. JoshOSU420

JoshOSU420 Athletic Supporter

Oklahoma football signee Courtney Gardner was arrested over the weekend for obstructing a peace officer.
    According to a report from the Reno Gazette-Journal, Gardner was arrested around 1 a.m. Sunday after a vehicle he was riding in was stopped by sheriff's deputies. The driver, Ardian Smith, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and other traffic violations.
    “During contact with the driver, Gardner became belligerent,” said Armando Avina, a spokesman for the Washoe County Sherrif's Office. “There were five occupants, and the deputy noted an immediate smell of alcohol and marijuana. Somebody (in the car) said, ‘Don't you know who we are? We're Division I athletes.'”
    Avina said Gardner, 21, continued to yell at the deputy, who called in back-up units.
    This is Gardner's second misdemeanor arrest in the Reno area in the last 2½ years, according to the Gazette-Journal. He was arrested for minor in possession of alcohol in November 2009.
    The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Gardner played two seasons at Sierra College in Rocklin, Calif., and became one of the most sought-after juco receiver recruits in the country. He had given a verbal commitment to Arkansas but switched late in the recruiting process to Oklahoma. He has two years of eligibility at Oklahoma.

2. teibbor

teibbor Moderator Staff A/V Subscriber

This will be handled internally

MSteph57 and OSUCowboy787 like this.
  3. JoshOSU420

JoshOSU420 Athletic Supporter

What he should have said was "Do you know who I am?" "I wasnt good enough to be a Div I athlete so I went to community college and now I'm a gooner."

4. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Banned Banned

You Pokes fans would have been ecstatic if the guy signed with you. Guy messed up, and he seems kind of like a thug to me, but I hope he proves me wrong. His potential is ridiculous.

5. teibbor

teibbor Moderator Staff A/V Subscriber

well considering we did not even recruit him. Maybe we saw his character issuses and stayed away.

6. OSUCowboy787

OSUCowboy787 Sheriff

Here is the best impersonation of Big game Bob that I could find regarding the subject. This also represents the goon nation fairly well too. Hope his mugshot is all over the news!!

7. OSUCowboy787

OSUCowboy787 Sheriff

Do you know who I am!?!?? I'M THE JUGGERNAUT B****!!!!
    [​IMG]

8. WyomingCowboy86

WyomingCowboy86 Deputy

Clever Name..........Are you lost land thief?

L-Town Poke likes this.
  9. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Banned Banned

I'm not lost at all. I don't think it's illegal to come on an opposing team's message board, or have the laws changed? I come on here and speak what I believe is true and you all get butt hurt about it. There are plenty of Cowboy posters on LandThieves so I don't know why I can't come to OrangePower.

10. WyomingCowboy86

WyomingCowboy86 Deputy

Did not say you could not visit, nor really care. Just thought it was sad you had no crimson friends to play with. Glad to see you improving your peer group!

11. Boomer.....

Boomer..... Sheriff

Obstructing a peace officer is petty. Nothing will come of this and hopefully he won't bring his problems to Norman.

12. Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker Sheriff

I would think Stoops had a conversation with him about this already and he's probably on his last chance. I hope that wakes him up. I'd Hate to see that kind of talent go to waste.

13. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Sheriff

That's Nancy she gets butt hurt when OU fans come to this board. Please what ever you do dont have OU in your sig or your avatar.

14. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Sheriff

Now back on topic. Kids make dumb mistakes all the time. I think its stupid that he dropped the we are division 1 football players though.

The Bundy likes this.
  15. Boomer.....

Boomer..... Sheriff

It didn't say that "he" dropped the athlete card, but it is weak sauce move.

Cowboy2U likes this.
  16. OSUCowboy787

OSUCowboy787 Sheriff

That's not what goons were saying when Blackmon got in trouble. "HE SHOULD BE BANNED FOR THE SEASON!!"

Noven and GoPokeU like this.
  17. jobob85

jobob85 Feral Marshal A/V Subscriber

w300-ce94d0ac229da0d6afc56f233d5f05ab.jpg

Didn't he use up his eligibility playing QB for Baylor??

18. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Sheriff

While this situation is way different because its not a dui and not during the season. I was never one that said he should be done for the year.

19. OSUCowboy787

OSUCowboy787 Sheriff

Smelled of pot inside the car, beligerent with a police officer and acting as though he is a god and should be allowed to do whatever because he's a goon football player? c'mon man!

OrangeFan69 likes this.
  20. soonerchris1985

soonerchris1985 Sheriff

Lmfao thats what you got out of that? C'mon man I took you to be smarter than that.