Special teams coach

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Nope not really. Fans can scream for this, but Gundy doesn't see the importance. Meanwhile, we could've added the extra coach this year, but Gundy will just hire some other kind of analyst or assistant. Games are never won or lost on special teams. Nope never. Accept we've lost bedlam to special teams crap a bunch of times.

Oct 30, 2007
We had the perfect opportunity to hire a special teams coordinator this past offseason. The NCAA allowed programs to add an additional full time assistant to their staff. Instead of hiring a ST coordinator, we hired a second defensive line coach. It really feels like Coach Gundy had de-emphasized special teams. I think our on the field performance reflects that.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
We do not and it's gotten to the point of absurdity. This is two games in a row where points given up on special teams were more than the margin of defeat. Is there another power 5 program out there that does not have a special teams coordinator or is Gundy the only one who refuses to do this.

Dec 21, 2008
I’m glad they suck because he gets to wear that badge of embarrassment every media session. I’m sick of his smug arrogance regarding our piss poor performances every single game. Wish there was someone to hold him responsible for us being near the bottom of 120+ teams in ST